Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2010, 06:31 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Never said anything of the kind. How utterly ridiculous.

Geez, TRY and stay on topic for once.
Really?

Your post:
Quote:
Obama scrapping missile shield for Czech, Poland - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090917/ap_on_re_eu/eu_eastern_europe_missile_defense - broken link)
And what exactly are we getting in return from Russia?
Russia has already made it clear, no new sanctions against Iran. So, we abandon our allies, once again, for the sole purpose of showing the bad guys how nice we are?
Was answered by:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
It's even worse than that. In addition to dropping the eastern European version of Star Wars, at the suggestion of Bush's SecDef, we have otherwise totally neglected our national defense:

==>Our fleet of barrage balloons is woefully outdated.
==>The officer class, even in the cavalry, is no longer adequately schooled in swordsmanship, rendering them utterly unfit for close-combat saber attacks.
==>The government has shared vital military intelligence with such longstanding enemies as perfidious Albion, the Hun, and the subjects of the Japanese empire.

How long will Americans stand still for such decisions by the Obama administration?
To which you replied:
Quote:
Until those decisions allow us to be attacked again.
Your history of continually bashing Obama, fact based or not, says this was just another lame attempt.

And yes, you most certainly did say something of the kind. And this is relevant to the topic, it sheds light on your credibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 06:46 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,240,599 times
Quote:
it sheds light on your credibility.
Or the lack thereof.

Nice refudiation!

You betcha!

Old 11-15-2010, 06:47 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Really?

Your post:

Was answered by:

To which you replied:

Your history of continually bashing Obama, fact based or not, says this was just another lame attempt.

And yes, you most certainly did say something of the kind. And this is relevant to the topic, it sheds light on your credibility.
Why thanks, you've just totally proven my point.

As you can see, I didn't say anything of the kind. Just because the poster I was quoting had that ONE LITTLE LINE about balloons, doesn't make it so.

This line;

Quote:
Until those decisions allow us to be attacked again.
Proves exactly what I said - I didn't say anything of the kind, but of course you focus on one line instead of the whole post. Maybe I should have just erased that one little line out...but then, we wouldn't have the current embarrassment of you trying to say I actually said that. Really, just give it up.

Just stop with the nonsense and ridiculous balloon theory. Really, just stop.:smack :

But thank you again for going back a year into my posts to prove MY point - I never said it.

Really, if you're so desperate to talk about balloon pontoon floats, start your own thread and stop trying to muddy this one up with such nonsense. I'd say it sheds more light on your credibility - the lengths you will go to in attributing something someone else said to me is astounding.

How do we go from me touting my prediction about Palin's role in the election/politics, which is pertinent to the thread to the ridiculous balloon barge cavalry meme? Totally off topic and absurd to say the least.

Dang....is that the best you can come up with?

Really, TRY again to stay on topic.

Last edited by sanrene; 11-15-2010 at 07:36 AM..

Old 11-15-2010, 09:01 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Of course, she has the clout to pen such a letter, with suggestions AND warnings for the newly elected GOP House newbies, many of which SHE helped get elected.

TRENDING: Palin’s advice: Trust me – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
The Page by Mark Halperin | Dear Freshmen…

Great advice on a RANGE of issues - where are those that say she never gives solutions to the problems we are facing? If they stick to what they ran on and their principles, they should have great success.

Can I just give a BIG thanks to the Left, who harassed and hated on Palin so much, they forced her to resign her office in Alaska, which then resulted in her being FRONT AND CENTER as an obama critic, as the woman who did more to make sure the TP was victorious and KEPT them froming breaking off into a third party, which would have been disastrous and would NOT have resulted in the HISTORIC wins the GOP saw on Nov 2nd.

Thanks so much.
The 'guru' of the Republican party is a money grubbing, conniving, greedy, power-crazed, empty headed, screeching ditz who thinks Africa is a country and likes to kill?

OK.....PERFECT! Speaks so well, and accurately, of the Repugs!

Old 11-15-2010, 09:59 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Of course, she has the clout to pen such a letter, with suggestions AND warnings for the newly elected GOP House newbies, many of which SHE helped get elected.

TRENDING: Palin’s advice: Trust me – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
The Page by Mark Halperin | Dear Freshmen…

Great advice on a RANGE of issues - where are those that say she never gives solutions to the problems we are facing? If they stick to what they ran on and their principles, they should have great success.

Can I just give a BIG thanks to the Left, who harassed and hated on Palin so much, they forced her to resign her office in Alaska, which then resulted in her being FRONT AND CENTER as an obama critic, as the woman who did more to make sure the TP was victorious and KEPT them froming breaking off into a third party, which would have been disastrous and would NOT have resulted in the HISTORIC wins the GOP saw on Nov 2nd.

Thanks so much.
""hated on Palin"...what quaint grammar...

Now, to the point, please provide proof that anyone, newbie Congressmen or not, READ the letter.

Anyone can write anything (obviously)....

Did readers take it seriously ???(not everyone is consumed and blinded by lust for Palin like SOME are(wink, wink).....

Old 11-15-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
The 'guru' of the Republican party is a money grubbing, conniving, greedy, power-crazed, empty headed, screeching ditz who thinks Africa is a country and likes to kill?

OK.....PERFECT! Speaks so well, and accurately, of the Repugs!
Yeah, but look how brilliantly she has put obama on the defensive about his policies, look how wonderfully she has brought to light his lies and failures, over and over again in the press, which is all too happy to widely air her postings and criticism?.

She has played her role even BETTER than I predicted what it would be.

I had no idea she would become the glue that keep the GOP and TP from splitting the vote, thereby resulting in an HISTORIC election across the USofA, that engulfed not only the House, but state legislatures and governorships at a record pace.

We can AGAIN thank the Left for making this all possible.

Take a bow.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:05 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,596,090 times
Quote:
Yeah, but look how brilliantly she has put obama on the defensive about his policies, look how wonderfully she has brought to light his lies and failures, over and over again in the press, which is all too happy to widely air her postings and criticism?.

She has played her role even BETTER than I predicted what it would be.

I had no idea she would become the glue that keep the GOP and TP from splitting the vote, thereby resulting in an HISTORIC election across the USofA, that engulfed not only the House, but state legislatures and governorships at a record pace.

We can AGAIN thank the Left for making this all possible.

Take a bow.
Propaganda, you betcha Issues, not so much.

Palin did this for one reason only- for Palin.

Her useful idiots took their bow. Now watch GOP watch paint dry.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Propaganda, you betcha Issues, not so much.

Palin did this for one reason only- for Palin.

Her useful idiots took their bow. Now watch GOP watch paint dry.
Of course, if you actually read the letter then maybe you could come up with something you disagree with, something to discuss and debate. That's ok though - she has a great habit of tweaking the Left for all they're worth and they take the bait each and every time.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:44 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Of course, if you actually read the letter then maybe you could come up with something you disagree with, something to discuss and debate. That's ok though - she has a great habit of tweaking the Left for all they're worth and they take the bait each and every time.
I read the entire letter and as usual I find she is wrong on the vast majority of her advice and attempts to make the point that everything is the Demos fault. She also seems to think that House Reps are responsible for relations with other nations, once again she does not actualy know what peoples Jobs are, another reason she is not qualified for anything other than sheep herder. Want to discuss any of her typical rightwing rhetoric and propaganda please feel free to list one or any set of comments there is plenty of material open to discussion but to post an entire list of babble from the quitter/talking head and expect anyone to address the entire list is just ludicrous.
Casper

Old 11-15-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I read the entire letter and as usual I find she is wrong on the vast majority of her advice and attempts to make the point that everything is the Demos fault. She also seems to think that House Reps are responsible for relations with other nations, once again she does not actualy know what peoples Jobs are, another reason she is not qualified for anything other than sheep herder. Want to discuss any of her typical rightwing rhetoric and propaganda please feel free to list one or any set of comments there is plenty of material open to discussion but to post an entire list of babble from the quitter/talking head and expect anyone to address the entire list is just ludicrous.
Casper
Go ahead, you start with the comments you object to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies