Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 07:52 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times

Advertisements

I am sorry but this deal sounds totally idiotic... 20 stealth jets + the US tries to stop UN resolutions against Israel... for what?? THREE months of settlement freeze... excuse me? Does that sound like a terrible deal? Especially if peace isn't even accomplished... who the heck is making these retarded deals?

U.S. Offers Israel Incentives for Freeze on West Bank Settlement, Diplomats Say - FoxNews.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 07:59 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,729,600 times
Reminds me of the appeasement efforts of the Brits 70+ years ago, and we all know how that ended

Old 11-13-2010, 08:00 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,299,034 times
I thought we ditched the F-117 stealth fighter and they are just sitting around now collecting dust
I am guessing that it is being sold because we cannot export the F-22 and the F-35 might be able to be shot down with russian sold S-400 SAM missiles.

so maybe the F-117 and F-22 raptor are the only jets that can avoid it.
which is my guess is too why Isreal is asking for 20 F-117's is in case Iran has the russian S-400 SAM's

Old 11-13-2010, 08:03 PM

I don't understand how we can offer such a stupid deal... there is NO WAY that peace is going to be achieved in 3 months between Israel and Palestine... its going to be a long drawn out process with Palestine cracking down on the extremists and Israel to withdraw its support of outlying settlements and forced removal from Palestine territory... I can't understand how anyone would offer high-tech WEAPONS to promote peace between two nations...

Old 11-13-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
I thought we ditched the F-117 stealth fighter and they are just sitting around now collecting dust
Ditching weapons is one thing... handing them over is a different story... We are destroying nukes, but I don't remember anyone saying we should hand them over to other nations...

Old 11-14-2010, 08:01 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,727,979 times
Quote:
I am guessing that it is being sold because we cannot export the ... F-35
Israel got the F-35's last month.

U.S., Israel Ink Deal For Fighter Jets With Pratt & Whitney Engines - Hartford Courant

As to the West Bank. Its all property that belongs to Israel. During the war in 1948 Jordan sliced it out and took possesion of it. They didn't offer money to the Jews who were living there for their land for many generations. They were 100% ejected from their land and homes. During the war in 1967 Israel took the land from Jordan West of the Jordan River (hence the name West Bank). The Israelis did not force the Arabs living there to leave, those who wish to stay stayed. As to ownership, it all belongs to Israel. The Arabs living there have no paperwork showing the Israeli granting them land rights in exchange for ones stamped by either the Ottomans, the British or the Jordanians. Thus currently the Arabs there are basically squatters. Any Arabs that were paid for land are probably related to Arabs that fought for the Israeli side during 1948.

Freezes on settlements are a joke. The Israeli govt already has a map of what they are willing to cut out as a Arab territory where they govern by their own rules (as in Gaza). As to East Jerusalem, Israel will not cut the actual city, within the walls, in half.

I'll believe that Israel will freeze settlements when any American Indian reservation becomes an independent country.

As to weapons. The United States gives grants to Israel for them to buy these weapons from the United States. This is how the United States creates/keeps jobs. It doesnt matter if they are Republicans or Democrats, this is the way its been for over 60 years. These weapons are primarly defensive.

Unlike the weapons that the Gazans are getting from Iran. They are not for defence. They are for offense against Israel. The Gazans were gifted these weapons, they didnt go out and buy them.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:15 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
So it's like.."Don't fight and we'll give you war jets" ?

Almost like we don't even want the fighting to stop.
We've been doing this dog and pony show with Israel/Palestine for how many decades now ?

Old 11-14-2010, 09:04 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times
20 stealth bomber sounds about right. Iran's reactors are online now and Israel needs an effective method to derail Ahmadinejad's nuclear threats.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:06 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
20 stealth bomber sounds about right. Iran's reactors are online now and Israel needs an effective method to derail Ahmadinejad's nuclear threats.

Also starts to look more and more like Israel will be our proxy for a war with Iran.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:31 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,188,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
I am guessing that it is being sold because we cannot export the F-22 and the F-35 might be able to be shot down with russian sold S-400 SAM missiles.

so maybe the F-117 and F-22 raptor are the only jets that can avoid it.
which is my guess is too why Isreal is asking for 20 F-117's is in case Iran has the russian S-400 SAM's
Russia might sell the SA-400 to countries in the middle east but that is still a few years down the road:

S-400 (SAM) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

By the time Russia does sell the SA-400 to Iran stealth UAV bombers will have made their debut......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies