Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 08:12 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwomyn View Post
There are people who agree with my threads. Personally, I don't care if you agree with mine or not. But if you think that my threads are 'so ridiculous', then why are you haunting them again and again????
Not haunting anything. I came on here to find out what the heck a Generation Jones is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 08:37 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
It used to be that a "generation" was considered to be around 20-25 years - the time it takes a babe to be born and reach maturity. Nowadays it's meaningless or means whatever suits your agenda it seems.
exactly, and well said.

the concept of what comprises a generation has been warped into meaninglessness.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:55 AM

1,296 posts, read 2,225,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Not haunting anything. I came on here to find out what the heck a Generation Jones is.
You've turned up on several of my threads. Otherwise, you wouldn't be calling them 'ridiculous', and 'pointless'. You've come on this thread, to cry about how 'ridiculous' and 'pointless' it is. Those were YOUR words. You know that Gen Jonesers, don't interest you in the least. If they did, then you wouldn't find this thread 'pointless' and ridiculous'.

Just be honest, and admit that you came on another one of my threads, to bash me personally, and try to stir-up trouble. I can see right through your nonsense. But I won't let it bother me, since I won't dignify your posts anymore, with a response!

Old 11-15-2010, 09:05 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I, too, would like to know, although I at least know when they were born, how these people are doing. I am an early Baby Boomer about to retire.

I as you to stop the infighting and stick to the question of what did the Joneses have to face and how did they do?

Old 11-15-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
You've turned up on several of my threads. Otherwise, you wouldn't be calling them 'ridiculous', and 'pointless'. You've come on this thread, to cry about how 'ridiculous' and 'pointless' it is. Those were YOUR words. You know that Gen Jonesers, don't interest you in the least. If they did, then you wouldn't find this thread 'pointless' and ridiculous'.

Just be honest, and admit that you came on another one of my threads, to bash me personally, and try to stir-up trouble. I can see right through your nonsense. But I won't let it bother me, since I won't dignify your posts anymore, with a response!
Meh. You already don't dignify my posts with a polite and respectful response, why start now? Yes, I've "turned up" on several of your threads, from what I recall, I posted on the reparations one heavily, I did not post on the lesbian one although I read the first page, and I posted on this one to ask what the point is of the entire post, which is something that others have also done. I have not look at or posted on any other threads of yours that I remember. Am I missing anything here?

Gen Jonesers don't really interest me b/c they are normally lumped in with the Boomers. Just b/c you want to call attention to yourself in yet another way does not make the Jonesers that meaningful of a "generation." For all intents and purposes, they are put together with the Boomers. Then you have Gen X and then Gen Y.

You still have yet to answer the question of what the purpose of this thread is, other than to say "How YOU doin'?"

I honestly don't care about you enough to stalk your threads. I don't stalk anybody's threads on here period, I read what I find interesting. I'm not the only person you've accused of "showing up" on your threads, either, so maybe you're a touch paranoid.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Meh. You already don't dignify my posts with a polite and respectful response, why start now? Yes, I've "turned up" on several of your threads, from what I recall, I posted on the reparations one heavily, I did not post on the lesbian one although I read the first page, and I posted on this one to ask what the point is of the entire post, which is something that others have also done. I have not look at or posted on any other threads of yours that I remember. Am I missing anything here?

Gen Jonesers don't really interest me b/c they are normally lumped in with the Boomers. Just b/c you want to call attention to yourself in yet another way does not make the Jonesers that meaningful of a "generation." For all intents and purposes, they are put together with the Boomers. Then you have Gen X and then Gen Y.

You still have yet to answer the question of what the purpose of this thread is, other than to say "How YOU doin'?"

I honestly don't care about you enough to stalk your threads. I don't stalk anybody's threads on here period, I read what I find interesting. I'm not the only person you've accused of "showing up" on your threads, either, so maybe you're a touch paranoid.
This 'paranoid' thing is just you, grasping at straws. The only reason that I'm even aswering your post now, is because I wanted to set you straight, once and for all. I don't have to justify why I post my threads to you. For the gagillianth time, if you think this, or other threads of mine are 'pointless' 'ridiculous', or whatever nasty name that you want to call them, then don't get on the thread. You not only get on my threads, you STAY on my threads, posting over and over and over. I'll tell you what's pointless and ridiculous-you coming on, and staying on my threads, that you think are 'pointless' and ridiculous. NOW I'm through with you!

Old 11-15-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I, too, would like to know, although I at least know when they were born, how these people are doing. I am an early Baby Boomer about to retire.

I as you to stop the infighting and stick to the question of what did the Joneses have to face and how did they do?
GregW, I agree that there shouldn't be any infighting on this thread. Too bad that a certain other poster, wants to be antagonistic. Here below is a link, to some detailed info about Generation Jonesers, and how they differ from the Boomers. I hope that you find this link informative:
The Latest with Generation Jones (http://generationjones.com/2009latest.html - broken link)

Old 11-15-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
NOW I'm through with you!
Yay!

As an aside, please learn how to properly use commas.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:37 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Does anyone mind if I answer the OP? I am definitely a Generation J--although I have never heard the term. It makes sense to be differentiated from Boom and X though. I and my cohort don't really identify with either.

I was born in 1961 and our formative music and fashion was punk rock and new wave (and hair bands, I guess...?). We graduated from college and tried to get jobs during the worse recession since...well..this one.

Sexual revolution? Hell yeah. At least until about 1988 but we were getting married around then. Drugs? yep. Pot, X, coke, but definitely not oxy or meth. That stuff will kill you!

How am I doing? Pretty well actually. Despite a fairly wild youth I am a professional writer working abroad and have owned my own business for 12 years. I am paying for one kid through collega and another in private school here.

I was never spoiled or given anything valuable by my parents except for a college education--and it was the greatest gift ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies