Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 09:55 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times

Advertisements

[b][quote=sickofnyc;16659547]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101;16659106[/B

After Bush, we needed a fierce guy to fend off the onslaught of Congressional corruption and self-service. As much as I disappove of his even temperament in dealing with these a-holes, I have to also give Obama credit for his patience, which would serve better if it were not presiding over a nation that has so many dumbed down and backwards citizens.

I thought Pelosi was supposed to drain the swamp. I guess the voters had to do it for her.

I guess it's easier to have patience after you've been on the golf course all day. I will remember him as the whiffer-in-chief. Bush has been cruciied in recent threads for taking 7 minutes to react to the 911 news. Yet Obama took 3 month or more to decide how many more troops to send to Afghanistan. You are right, we needed someone fierce after Bush but instead we got a farce. Those that voted for this guy must be the dumbed down backwards citizens that are hung up on revisionist history.

If Obama showed the same disdain for jihadists as he does for Republican citizens (you know....the enemies) people may not see him as such a failure. He has disrespected the office of the President and insulted the citizens of the US. And IMO he's not even doing a good job of presiding over the dumbed down backward citizens who voted him in. He has not closed GITMO, he has moved forward on Bush's invasion of privacy and has moved the date on leaving Afghanistan to 2014. Bush set the timeline for leaving Iraq. His health care plan does nothing to rein in costs and is nothing more than a payoff to unions and insurance companies.

If Obama stated now that he wouldn't seek reelection, what would he do? He has done nothing but campaign since he's been in office because that's all he's qualified to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 10:21 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
[quote=Isitmeorarethingsnuts?;16659983]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

I thought Pelosi was supposed to drain the swamp. I guess the voters had to do it for her.

I guess it's easier to have patience after you've been on the golf course all day. I will remember him as the whiffer-in-chief. Bush has been cruciied in recent threads for taking 7 minutes to react to the 911 news. Yet Obama took 3 month or more to decide how many more troops to send to Afghanistan. You are right, we needed someone fierce after Bush but instead we got a farce. Those that voted for this guy must be the dumbed down backwards citizens that are hung up on revisionist history.

If Obama showed the same disdain for jihadists as he does for Republican citizens (you know....the enemies) people may not see him as such a failure. He has disrespected the office of the President and insulted the citizens of the US. And IMO he's not even doing a good job of presiding over the dumbed down backward citizens who voted him in. He has not closed GITMO, he has moved forward on Bush's invasion of privacy and has moved the date on leaving Afghanistan to 2014. Bush set the timeline for leaving Iraq. His health care plan does nothing to rein in costs and is nothing more than a payoff to unions and insurance companies.

If Obama stated now that he wouldn't seek reelection, what would he do? He has done nothing but campaign since he's been in office because that's all he's qualified to do.
His list of accomplisments despite a just say no Congress is linked on this thread. You cannot find even one that you will give him credit for ?
Here...I'll make it real easy for you to find...
http://simplifythepositive.blogspot....nt-barack.html

Last edited by sickofnyc; 11-15-2010 at 10:37 AM..

Old 11-15-2010, 12:48 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Doug Schoen and Pat Caddell (Democrat pollsters) in the Wahington Post:

"We believe Obama should announce immediately that he will not be a candidate for reelection in 2012...The best way for him to address both our national challenges and the serious threats to his credibility and stature is to make clear that, for the next two years, he will focus exclusively on the problems we face as Americans, rather than the politics of the moment - or of the 2012 campaign."

Opinion | One and done: To be a great president, Obama should not seek reelection in 2012

Caddell has worked for George McGovern, Jimmy Carter, Gary Hart, Joe Biden and Jerry Brown.

Schoen has done work for Ed Koch, and Bill and Hillary Clinton.

This is the first time I've seen Democrats suggest this but perhaps it's because these two don't have to worry about running for office. They currently contribute to Fox New. I doubt if any Democrat politician or current Democrat pollster would suggest this. Have you heard any other establishment Democrat suggest Obama not run for re-election?

Axelrod said he's soon leaving the White House to run Obama's 2012 campaign.
Hubby and I saw the same thing this AM> I still say his ego is too big for him to give up, but then I also don't think he wants to take a chance and go down a loser.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:49 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Hubby and I saw the same thing this AM> I still say his ego is too big for him to give up, but then I also don't think he wants to take a chance and go down a loser.
Counting chickens before they hatch is usually a bad idea, but hey Repubs never have been fast learners.
Casper

Old 11-15-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I hope he does exactly what they recommend...take himself out of consideration for 2012.

Why?

Because with him gone, the GOP will have nothing. No target. No enemy to point their rabid supporters at. No agenda. By doing that, he would take away their ammunition and force them to reveal their bankrupt ideas, force them to actually govern.

He would be doing his nation and his party a great service to leave the GOP standing there with empty hands.
You are free to voice your opinion, but don't you think both parties would have to dig to find the perfect candidate or do you think you have an inside track on who would get the nomination?

Nita

Old 11-15-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
I've heard the opposite of course, that Obama/Hillary powerhouse team will run in 2012
Woodward: Obama-Hillary in 2012 Is 'On the Table'
and look who said it?

Nita

Old 11-15-2010, 12:55 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You are free to voice your opinion, but don't you think both parties would have to dig to find the perfect candidate or do you think you have an inside track on who would get the nomination?

Nita

No, I don't think I have an inside track. But, I understand that it is the VOTERS in the primaries and state caucuses who chose the party standard bearers.

Yes, I know that flies in the face of popular opinion around here, but that's the way it is. The party elite and insiders can pick anyone they like, and pour buckets of money into their campaigns, but it is those individual voters who enter the polling booth all by themselves who make the choice.

How do you think the Democrats ended up with Obama and the GOP with McCain? Because that's how their masters wanted it? Nope. It's because the party faithful, those who actually work and vote during those primaries which most people think a waste of time, picked them from among all the other candidates.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Counting chickens before they hatch is usually a bad idea, but hey Repubs never have been fast learners.
Casper
did you read and comprehend what I was saying? I said 1-I read the same think Laura posted this morning, not counting any chickens or roosters either and 2-I didn't say he would or wouldn't run. I have been saying for the past 6 months: he has an ego, and isn't about to admit he failed but he also wouldn't want to get beat, so who knows what he will do? This isn't saying he would get beat, I am saying I don't know if he is willing to take that chance...

Nita

Old 11-15-2010, 01:02 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Meaning Gridlock. Enjoy getting apsolutely Nothing done over the next two years, just waht this nation needs according to some, we will see who the voters blame for that in 2012.
Casper
What exactly do you want them to get done? Haven't they done enough lately?

Old 11-15-2010, 01:05 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
What exactly do you want them to get done? Haven't they done enough lately?

Here's a novel thought: How about the GOP doing what they said they'd do?

Naw...can't have that, can we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies