Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 10:42 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Homosexuality will never be accepted as normal by the majority of society. That does not mean society is bigoted. It means that homosexuality is not normal.
GET EDUCATED....Being gay is not "normal" in the sense that the majority of people are heterosexual; just like it is not "normal" that I have blue eyes too...since the majority of people have brown eyes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normality_(behavior)

IF you are implying that somehow being gay is a mental disease....wake up...that was settled decades ago and it is simply a variation of human and animal sexuality.....the majority of creatures on this planet reproduce Asexually.....so all humans are by your logic not normal!
Reproduction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here are links from Professional Organizations disputing YOUR opinion!
Sexual orientation, homosexuality and bisexuality

Gay Is Okay With APA (American Psychiatric Association) (http://www.soulforce.org/article/642 - broken link)

Official Statement Concerning Homosexuality from the American Psychological Association | CLGS

It never ceases to amaze me, the number of straight posters, who post as IF they are experts on Gay people!. When obviously they have NO CLUE; except to repeat the misinformation that they take as "gospel".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 10:45 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
So I guess this means that it's okay if I don't respect your beliefs either.

Deal!
Thank you.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
I don't see this as a discussion of homosexuality or homosexuals rights at all, important as that topic may be. This discussion is properly limited to what a student may or may not do or say in a properly run classroom in which the rights of all students are protected. The purpose of a classroom is for the imparting of knowledge. A student -any student- is within her/his rights to expect a safe and orderly environment for learning. No student has the right to commandeer the classroom to her/his own purpose. If the teacher finds that a discussion -any discussion- has gone on long enough and has begun to interfere with the syllabus of the class, s/he has every right to enforce discipline on an unruly student.

OH.....but many posters MUST make everything a Gay rights issue so they are able to obsessively hate someone/something.....Life ain't worth living without spending most of it hating....just read this thread.. And I agree with you....the thread should be about bullying and civil rights for everyone....as it relates to the classroom..

Old 11-17-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Then ALL symbols should be banned from school, including the gay shirts. It's really that simple.

Here, how does this sound; Just changed a couple words for you.
So purple T'shirts are now "owned" by those dang gays.....GEESH first they bought the trademark to the rainbow......now the color purple......where will they stop.....do they want every primary color too???? To our "intellectually challenged" posters...
..my post is FACETIOUS.>>>>>

Old 11-17-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
The student was not being disruptive. He stated his belief and the teacher didn't like it. The teacher tried to get him to recant his statement and he wouldn't. Then the theacher threw him out. The teacher is the bigot here. Homosexuals demand 'tolerance' for their lifestyle but they have no tolerance for the religious beliefs of others. Public schools have long since stopped being places where education was of primary importance. Now they are factories of social indoctrination by liberals. That is why liberals fear voucher programs and home-schooling. It is insane that we have to support these propaganda centers with our taxes. We should all stop paying the portion of our property taxes that goes to fund schools until they get back in the business of education and out of hte business of indoctrination.
I'm SICK and TIRED of posters such as yourself; claiming you know every gay person on this planet......MOST gays I know are more respectful and tolerant than most heterosexuals.....all one needs to do is read this thread. I respect religion...I respect everyone.....UNTIL.....they threaten me personally and disrespect me!

BUT YOU are disrespecting me by assuming you know how every gay person on Earth thinks!.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:33 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,042,151 times
That douche kid should realize that the confederacy is down south, not in Michigan. Confederates are everywhere it seems. Thank god that flag would never fly in NYC.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:38 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,590,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Sorry, reject your premise to what YOU consider hate symbols and bigotry.

Ban all symbols OR allow all. There really is no other choice. Picking and choosing which symbols/speech are good and which are bad, is not up to you or the teacher.

Teacher was out of line to trounce on the free speech right of the student.
Hate to burst anyone's bubble, but students do not and never have had the right of free speech. The school can and does in many cases determine what speech is allowed and what is not.

The teacher probably over reacted which is why the suspension was issued. To be honest it sounds like the teacher had lost control of the classroom, and this more than anything is why the suspension was issued.

As to wearing of hate symbols, I agree with an earlier poster, ban them all or allow them all, just be consistent.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:00 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
That douche kid should realize that the confederacy is down south, not in Michigan. Confederates are everywhere it seems. Thank god that flag would never fly in NYC.
Ah I forgot liberals were the most tolerant people on Earth and NYC, that liberal bastion of freedom and tolerance where the Confederate flag would never fly there

Old 11-18-2010, 10:40 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,302,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Ah I forgot liberals were the most tolerant people on Earth and NYC, that liberal bastion of freedom and tolerance where the Confederate flag would never fly there
lol. And they really don't get it. They really think that banning things they consider 'intolerant' somehow shows their tolerance. Being tolerant of only things you approve of is not really being tolerant.

Old 09-05-2016, 01:27 AM

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post

Just a quick history lesson...... During the NYC draft riots the confederate flag was displayed by the rioters who openly resented the Union war effort. Also, yes Michigan is not part of the Confederacy but a great many people who live there are the grandchildren of southern people who moved up there for auto jobs. There is a significant southern connection in the areas of the industrialized Midwest, especially near auto plants. It is not surprising to see the flag there.

People have the right to display that flag. To some it is about Southern heritage, to others about a modern political statement in opposition to large federal government. Very few people who support the flag are the racists you think they are. What many of them are however is defiant toward the political correctness that has swept the land. The more people tell them it cannot be displayed the more you will see them display it. I don't know why leftist don't get it, political correctness is breeding hatred and defiance and it will never stop people from expressing themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies