Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 02:29 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Did you see the photo Metla posted above, the bear certainly was eying them.
Wait! I smell the next "controversy" from the Left about Palin. The bear was too close!

She was reckless! She endangered herself and the others in the boat!

Just you wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 02:30 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Wait! I smell the next "controversy" from the Left about Palin. The bear was too close!

Just you wait.
Wrong as usual, sanrene. Our concern is for the bear.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:31 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,538,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Did you see the photo Metla posted above, the bear certainly was eying them.
The bear is looking down at the water for fish. It's head would've been up if it cared about the boat. Also, it would've been up on it's hind legs making threatening gestures like when the two bear fought.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:32 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Just you wait.
I could care less about her endangering herself or those in the boat, I'm rooting for the bear...

Old 11-15-2010, 02:37 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"Sarah Palin’s family reality show-slash-travelogue, “Sarah Palin’s Alaska,†began on Sunday night before almost five million viewers on TLC. TLC said it represented the biggest premiere in the channel’s history. Alessandra Stanley of The New York Times wrote in a review, 'Mostly, the eight-part series lives up to its title — the camera follows the former Alaska governor and Republican vice presidential nominee as she fishes, hunts, dog-sleds and rock-climbs.'"

I still have to say after seeing the first episode, I don't know how she could leave that beautiful state for ugly Washington DC. The state is absolutely gorgeous. All I kept thinking about when the bears started to fight near the small fishing boat they were on is that Stephen Colbert would have wet his pants.

'Sarah Palin's Alaska' Premiere Gets Big Ratings - NYTimes.com
Oooh goshy, I bet there were CERTAIN female Sarah worshippers just sticking to their chairs!

Yup. "Reality TV" the oxymoron that all the morons fall for....but it does prove what a Great Politician Sarah is...

Old 11-15-2010, 02:40 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,407,878 times
Liberals this, libs that. Conservatives: not everyone who disagrees with you is a liberal!

Old 11-15-2010, 02:42 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Too bad some people fail to realize that human beings, including civil servants, are multi-faceted. If anything, Sarah Palin will boost travel and tourism in the state of Alaska.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:44 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Akck, have you spent much time in grizzly country?

The bear's head looks about level to me, not looking down. It does appear to be looking at the boat.

Grizzlies in that part of the state are fairly used to humans and you can actually get pretty close to them during the salmon runs...though never a good idea when cubs are involved.

It also sends an irresponsible message to lower 48 visitors. Some of them actually think you can just walk up to the wildlife here as if this were a petting zoo. Remember a few years ago it was in the news about how some tourist was trying to get close enough to a moose to touch it? I guess the tour guide had to physically restrain the guy.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:45 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
She could have been shooting her show from Fairyland with unicorns who eat rainbows and I still wouldn't have watched...
ROFL - this about sums it up for me.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:46 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Cool. Here's a little snippet of the series. Make sure you stick around towards the end - she can see russia from the mountain!

Leftie-Heads-Explode… Sarah Palin’s TLC Debut Breaks All Records | The Gateway Pundit (http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2010/11/leftie-heads-explode-sarah-palins-tlc-debut-breaks-all-records/ - broken link)

Quote:
Grizzlies in that part of the state are fairly used to humans and you can actually get pretty close to them during the salmon runs...though never a good idea when cubs are involved.

It also sends an irresponsible message to lower 48 visitors. Some of them actually think you can just walk up to the wildlife here as if this were a petting zoo. Remember a few years ago it was in the news about how some tourist was trying to get close enough to a moose to touch it? I guess the tour guide had to physically restrain the guy.
Always trying to find the sow's ear in the purse.

Watch the vid...if you can. They were snagged and anchored when the bear popped up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies