Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 11:28 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,854,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
*sigh* The propaganda never ends, and so many people keep soaking it up.

You beat me to it Aqualung. I walk past the USAToday stand every day, and two days ago the headline was something like "U.S. support for war at lowest level ever". Then yesterday, just like clockwork, "Al Quaida at Pre-9/11 levels" says Bush's advisor. Seriously, what kind of chuckleheads do they take us for?

Just to be fair, it reminded me of the SCUD missile attacks on Afghanistan just as Clinton was at the height of the Lewinski scandal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 11:36 AM

626 posts, read 993,023 times
How does our government even measure the capabilities of Al Qaeda? If we knew where they were, we would take them out, right? I don't recall the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle applying to terrorist organizations, back when I was studying physics. Then again, maybe my professors overlooked that postulate.

This just doesn't add up.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:46 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
This just doesn't add up.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:49 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
If Al Qaeda are in Pakistan we can't go in and take them out because we're friends with Pakistan. But they're in Iraq, so what's stopping us from taking them out and declaring victory in Iraq?

Old 07-12-2007, 01:33 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
If Al Qaeda are in Pakistan we can't go in and take them out because we're friends with Pakistan. But they're in Iraq, so what's stopping us from taking them out and declaring victory in Iraq?

And if Pakistan was a true friend they'd hold the door open for us, and if they're not a true friend then screw 'em. If we actually know where al Qaeda is then that takes precedence over some phony friendship crap.

Old 07-12-2007, 01:38 PM

626 posts, read 993,023 times
Soon, we'll start hearing about how Al Qaeda has training camps in Iran or Syria and that we should invade, as a result. The administration will conveniently ignore the fact that we haven't even rooted Al Qaeda out of Iraq or Afghanistan (or Saudi Arabia or Pakistan).

Old 07-12-2007, 02:00 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,854,193 times
Quote:
Soon, we'll start hearing about how Al Qaeda has training camps in Iran or Syria and that we should invade, as a result. The administration will conveniently ignore the fact that we haven't even rooted Al Qaeda out of Iraq or Afghanistan (or Saudi Arabia or Pakistan).
I wanna know when we're going to invade Canada and capture the Al Qaeda there. Or Hoboken..

I'm serious..

Old 07-12-2007, 02:07 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:

Hearing about isn't good enough, we must know exactly where and it doesn't require invasion to launch an air strike. After almost six years I really think it's time we go after those responsible for 9/11.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:31 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,528,010 times
Simply put, Iraq had NOTHING to do with 9/11 and it was not the imiment threat that Bush/Cheney said it was!!
I would rather have 10 more years of No Fly Zones than a war with even 1 death.
We did not finish the job in Afghanistan, and I supported that war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies