Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 09:28 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
We got a correction to that condition started Nov03. We'll get it fixed Nov 2012.
That was part of my point, 0bama does not see that the voters told him that the influence of democrats from 2008-2010 was hugely outsized. But he can't see that, he claims he just claims the election losses were because he did not get his message out.

Flip it around, why couldn't the present be as upbeat about his own nation? Why can't he say America needs to do a better job at getting her message out. I'll tell you why, because he is far less patriotic then he is a political partisan for the Democratic Party. If only he respected his country, and was as willing to stick up for her as he does for his own political career and party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 09:42 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Ya got my vote for most boring, meaningless thread of the day
Not to worry. I just canceled out your vote.

Here's something to peak your interest: What will President Obama be remembered for?

I look forward to your list.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyfourth View Post
While I agree with your sentiment, I see him as more of a fecal-smear on the walls of history.
I just do not know what he thinks he gains by talking down his own country, when he is ostensibly trying to use his influence as our president to make deals and influence the decisions of other nations.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:12 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I just do not know what he thinks he gains by talking down his own country, when he is ostensibly trying to use his influence as our president to make deals and influence the decisions of other nations.
He must think that negotiating from a position of weakness gives him an advantage.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
He must think that negotiating from a position of weakness gives him an advantage.
Nah, I think he just enjoys urinating on the flag, because he thinks it helps to improve his image to the world, and with this narcissist, it's always about what's best for 0bama.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:36 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,942,550 times
i have a question if this trip to asia was for business why is his wife there?
/

Old 11-16-2010, 10:48 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
The only way for us to recover is to return to protectionism. We need to preserve and nurture what we have at home first. Take care of Americans first and if there's anything left over send it overseas. 50 years of taking care of the homefront and protecting Americans jobs and our way of life will set us on the right track.

Nationalism over globalism.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
i have a question if this trip to asia was for business why is his wife there?
For one thing, i hear she hates living in the White House. For another, Bush brought Laura with him when he went to places like Indonesia, so maybe its traditional? Only Bush did not demean his wife by forcing her to wear a tent, three sizes too big for her.

American Thinker: Clarice's Pieces: Restoring American Stature Abroad

Indonesia Visit*Pictures - CBS News

Old 11-16-2010, 10:52 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
More hatred...talk about blowing things way out of proportion and I suppose you think that Republicans are somehow going to save the day? He really didn't say anything to get your panties in a wad about.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:37 AM

63 posts, read 37,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
More hatred...talk about blowing things way out of proportion and I suppose you think that Republicans are somehow going to save the day? He really didn't say anything to get your panties in a wad about.
Obama overseas is such a embarrasement. It would be better if we just sent the village idiot..., well perhaps the assistant village idiot, overseas instead
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies