Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 12:31 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,467,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Do any of you really think the President sat down and wrote this book himself? I suppose you think that Bush sat down and hammered out his book that was just released? And Carter wrote his too?

Wake up, people- there are ghost writers who actually put this stuff together.
So it's all just propaganda then right? Why did Bobo think it was necessary to do this? I know the answer and it is indoctrination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 12:35 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,282,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Let me get this straight.
Since in office and all that has transpired, he has the time to sit down and write books?

Isn't this his second, while in office?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Where does that man find the time..between international travel, golf, vacations and writing books and still run the country ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Wow between all the great deeds, he has done for our Country and traveling around, he has time to sit down and actually write a book. How bout reading a book, on how to fix a broken down economy!
Sure would be nice if people READ THE ARTICLE before posting responses. I dislike Obama as much as the next guy, but replying without first looking at the facts diminishes valid arguments against him and makes those who dislike him look dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Article in OP
Obama's lawyer, Robert Barnett, says the manuscript was written between the 2008 election and the 2009 inauguration, but publication awaited "the beautiful illustrations."

Old 11-16-2010, 12:37 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,535,756 times
Love it! The cover is tooooo cute.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Do any of you really think the President sat down and wrote this book himself? I suppose you think that Bush sat down and hammered out his book that was just released? And Carter wrote his too?

Wake up, people- there are ghost writers who actually put this stuff together.
IF Bush had actually written his own memoir, I would definitely have to read it. Not buy it myself b/c that would be my own blasphemy, but I would definitely read it. For humor - had he written it himself that is.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:53 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,402,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
So it's all just propaganda then right? Why did Bobo think it was necessary to do this? I know the answer and it is indoctrination.
Ummm....yeah....that's it....indoctrination.......

Old 11-16-2010, 12:57 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,467,426 times
Quote:
Ummm....yeah....that's it....indoctrination.......
What exactly is the purpose of it being aimed at children? What purpose could it actually serve? The Obamas are no experts on children, they are nothings when it comes to that stuff. Why the need to target that demographic? What is his motive?

Old 11-16-2010, 01:03 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,344,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
Sure would be nice if people READ THE ARTICLE before posting responses. I dislike Obama as much as the next guy, but replying without first looking at the facts diminishes valid arguments against him and makes those who dislike him look dumb.
Those who post before they read don't just "look" dumb, they ARE dumb.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
What exactly is the purpose of it being aimed at children? What purpose could it actually serve? The Obamas are no experts on children, they are nothings when it comes to that stuff. Why the need to target that demographic? What is his motive?
Why do you think he has an ulterior motive? And who are you to critique he and Mrs. Obama's parenting skills? Have you seen them parent in person? Do you know of something illegal they are doing to their children? The book is described by the publisher as "a moving tribute to thirteen groundbreaking Americans and the ideals that have shaped our nation." The proceeds from the sale of the book will be donated to a scholarship fund for the children of fallen and disabled US service personnel.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:07 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,402,292 times
Quote:
Neither is Jamie Lee Curtis, yet she wrote a children's book. How about Sarah Ferguson? Hmmm....and that JK Rowling- she must have one hell of a motive for pumping out all those Harry Potter books aimed at kids. I guess they're all out to indoctrinate the children- I better get my daughters to put on their tinfoil hats.....

Old 11-16-2010, 01:08 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,544,254 times
Amazing how HATE clouds reading comprehension.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies