Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 02:13 PM

277 posts, read 228,339 times

Advertisements

[quote=HistorianDude;16676568]Now you're just making numbers up. Ignoring that there is just as much fraud going on with private insurance, Medicare fraud is only about $60B a year.[/quote]

so you are saying medicare fraud is more than 15% of the entire medicare budget (budget being currently at 460 billion for fy10)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 02:24 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,727,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
I mean seriously folks, WHAT? I have had to fight my corporate insurance that I PAY for, doctors have had to refile my corporate insurance that I PAY for. Why are there so many Republicans, Tea Partiers and Conservatives against nationalized healthcare insurance, and yet we never hear them defend their private for-profit corporate health insurance - WHY IS THAT

What's so great about private health insurance? - Los Angeles Times

'...The firms take billions of dollars out of the U.S. healthcare wallet as profits, while imposing enormous administrative costs on doctors, hospitals, employers and patients. They've introduced complexity into the system at every level. Your doctor has to fight them to get approval for the treatment he or she thinks is best for you. Your hospital has to fight them for approval for every day you're laid up. Then they have to fight them to get their bills paid, and you do too....'
It's not that it is so great. It's just that it's better than the alternative. Think about it. Would you rather have a car manufactured by a for-profit car company or one designed and manufactured by government stooges? Before you answer that remember the Zil.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:26 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,093,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
For example, here is Texas asking for private insurance companies to bid on medical insurace
Request for Proposal for Comprehensive Healthcare Program for Foster Care RFP # 529-06-0293 (http://www.hhsc.state.tx.us/Contract/529060293/rfp_home.html - broken link)

Very few governments NOW manage healthcare for the citizens.. Its why you seen lobbiests increase under Obama for healthcare costs because they know dam well that if the government is managing healthcare, that these will then get contracted out to private businesses..

if you think a UHC will get rid of for profit corporations you are smoking dope...

Good point, I hadn't thought about that until you said it. A family member was sent Medicaid paperwork and she had to pick a plan off of it. I thought it was just all the same thing but it turns out, nope, recipients still have a choice and it's still through a private insurer. The tab is just picked up by the gov't.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:29 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,380,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Those folks who are most happy with their private health insurance are those who have ever really needed it.

They know what they signed up for and are not hoodwinked thinking they are 100% covered for everything. Informed buyers are the happiest.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:30 PM

8,601 posts, read 9,095,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
I mean seriously folks, WHAT? I have had to fight my corporate insurance that I PAY for, doctors have had to refile my corporate insurance that I PAY for. Why are there so many Republicans, Tea Partiers and Conservatives against nationalized healthcare insurance, and yet we never hear them defend their private for-profit corporate health insurance - WHY IS THAT

What's so great about private health insurance? - Los Angeles Times

'...The firms take billions of dollars out of the U.S. healthcare wallet as profits, while imposing enormous administrative costs on doctors, hospitals, employers and patients. They've introduced complexity into the system at every level. Your doctor has to fight them to get approval for the treatment he or she thinks is best for you. Your hospital has to fight them for approval for every day you're laid up. Then they have to fight them to get their bills paid, and you do too....'
You get a rep. Many narrow thinking people who've not been through the ringer with these hustlers don't get it until it's too late. Many if not most people who rail against for profit insurance at one time had no problem at all until....................

Old 11-16-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I know what it's about. It's the same person griping yet again about the same topic. Health insurance companies do not make massive profits like people think. The problem lies elsewhere.

Link, please.
You just keep thinking that. Of course insurance companies make little money, neither do banks and pharma companies. The fact is they own us.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
I tried to make an appt with one of long islands best internists (according to Newsday) and the secretary said they were very selective with their patient load and they weren't sure they were going to take me on as a patient. They asked me what ins. I had, I told them I had BCBS PPO. They said they'd call me back. I got an appt by the end of the week, so yes I'm very happy with my private for profit ins.
Many of the best doctors in the world and this nation in particular except NO INSURANCE. Guess why?

Old 11-16-2010, 02:44 PM

20,893 posts, read 16,051,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Then back them up...
I already provided the link to the NEMJ paper several posts ago. Please catch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest
Btw, the governent NOW contracts out these services to private industries because they know private industries do a much better job and cheaper than the government ever could. if you were truly in the healthcare industry, you would know this..
What I know is that you are confusing several completely unrelated things. Please, you drilled down to your personal level of incompetence several posts ago. You should probably quite while you are not so far behind.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:45 PM

20,893 posts, read 16,051,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Marine 1967 View Post
so you are saying medicare fraud is more than 15% of the entire medicare budget (budget being currently at 460 billion for fy10)
That is a number that has been claimed, yes.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:51 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,001,245 times
Quote:
That is a number that has been claimed, yes.
That number has been claimed by Obama trying to cut spending on medicare, while at the same time trying to give the public a bs story that services wont be cut. Bull crap..
Quote:
I already provided the link to the NEMJ paper several posts ago. Please catch up.
No you didnt.. many of us slow folks know the difference between you making a claim and providing a LINK.. do you even know what a link is because you dont seem too.. Maybe you better catch up on the definition of a link before you start tell people to catch up..
Quote:
What I know is that you are confusing several completely unrelated things. Please, you drilled down to your personal level of incompetence several posts ago. You should probably quite while you are not so far behind.
What, what its very obvious now is YOU dont know basic 101 of healthcare claims processing while claiming to be in the business. I've been out of the industry for 10 years and this information is very very old.. Maybe you should quit while your ahead, if only you could manage to catch up to today...

The government NOW contracts these services out to private businesses.. they have been for decades.. Catch up to today before you start telling people who is behind.. I've linked you to NUMEROUS RFPs for healthcare on behalf of the government to backup my claim.. Can you dispute this or is belittling and attacking other posters all you know?

Last edited by pghquest; 11-16-2010 at 03:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies