Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 03:16 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,706,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
There absolutely is a difference been sexuality and sexual behavior. This women is claiming she chose her sexuality or who she is sexually attracted to. I find that an absurd notion.

Sexual behavior does not determine sexuality. Sexuality is innate. Sexual behavior is chosen. Certainly one can have sex contrary to his or her sexuality. When young, most gay people date, have sex with, and even marry members of the opposite sex in an attempt to hide who they are and fit in. I find it shameful that our society corners so many gay youth into thinking they have to do that. It harms them as well as it harms the heterosexuals they couple with. Thankfully this is changing.

The fact is anti-gay bigots feel much better about their views if they feel they can blame gays for being who they are. It's much easier to dehumanize and discriminate against gay people if you convince yourself that they choose their "depravity" rather than accept the reality that gay people are just naturally gay.

andrea3821 knows full well that she didn't choose her sexuality. She's just too wrapped up in her own anti-gay hatred to admit something that will undermine it.

I agree with this 100%. Homosexuality is, however, not one of them. This is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG OR BAD about me either being attracted to other men or choosing to have sex with another consenting adult male.
until you get AIDS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 03:25 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
until you get AIDS
Some heterosexual in Africa is much more likely to get AIDS than me. I wonder if that means God hates black people more than gays?

Old 11-18-2010, 03:35 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,615,778 times
Quote:

I agree with this 100%. Homosexuality is, however, not one of them. This is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG OR BAD about me either being attracted to other men or choosing to have sex with another consenting adult male.
How do you determine that?

Old 11-18-2010, 03:38 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,751,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I'm not going to reply b/c my sexuality is NOBODY'S business.
Hey, YOU brought it up when you stated you "chose" to be straight.

Old 11-18-2010, 03:41 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,751,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Apparently so. And now they're actually asking me about people I've slept with? It's insane how low people will sink just to try to make someone feel bad. Ain't gonna work, but God forbid I try to get the topic off of me and back on track.
No one has asked you about anyone you've slept with! But you made a statement that you 'chose' to be straight. So either explain it or admit that either you didn't choose it or that your not as 'straight' as you claim.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:05 PM

37,173 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
If a guy relative or friend was getting married to another guy and they asked you to be in the wedding, for the fellas, he wanted you to be a groomsman and you had to walk down the isle with another male who was a bridesmaid.

And ladies if you was to be a bridesmaid and you had to walk down with another woman would you do it??
Duplicate post.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:07 PM

37,173 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
If a guy relative or friend was getting married to another guy and they asked you to be in the wedding, for the fellas, he wanted you to be a groomsman and you had to walk down the isle with another male who was a bridesmaid.

And ladies if you was to be a bridesmaid and you had to walk down with another woman would you do it??
I have two gay male friends who got married in New Hampshire last month, and two lady friends who are going to Connecticut to tie the knot next week.

Unfortunately I couldn't attend either wedding, but if they had asked me to be in the wedding I would have painted my toenails, worn a tutu, and been a flower girl if that is what they wanted.

Now - what prompts your post? Would you not stand up for a friend?

Old 11-18-2010, 04:11 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,706,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I have two gay male friends who got married in New Hampshire last month, and two lady friends who are going to Connecticut to tie the knot next week.

Unfortunately I couldn't attend either wedding, but if they had asked me to be in the wedding I would have painted my toenails, worn a tutu, and been a flower girl if that is what they wanted.

Now - what prompts your post? Would you not stand up for a friend?
I'm sure that you would make a lovely flower girl

Old 11-18-2010, 04:15 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
No one has asked you about anyone you've slept with! But you made a statement that you 'chose' to be straight. So either explain it or admit that either you didn't choose it or that your not as 'straight' as you claim.
To be fair, I did ask her if she sexually experimented with both men and women as part of her decision making process when it came to deciding her sexuality.

I thought it was a fair question. When I make a choice, I do so with as much information as possible. I wasn't born either liking or disliking sushi, and I certainly didn't make the choice to be attracted to eating sushi by not trying it.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:17 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,615,778 times
Quote:
To be fair, I did ask her if she sexually experimented with both men and women as part of her decision making process when it came to deciding her sexuality.

I thought it was a fair question. When I make a choice, I do so with as much information as possible. I wasn't born either liking or disliking sushi, and I certainly didn't make the choice to be attracted to eating sushi by not trying it.
what is your view on Christianity? Have you ever taken an honest, open look at it? What would you view the main message of it? If you consider yourself a Christian (I have no idea), how would you determine it to be consistent with homosexuality?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies