Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 11:47 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRefugee View Post
Do I really need to dignify this with a response? I guess I will.

Americans who want revolution are patriots who want to save and improve their country by overthrowing a corrupt government. Generally they don't want destruction or bloodshed, just change. The foundng fathers of America advocated revolution.

Islamic terrorists are interested in bloodshed, revenge and death. They are trying to damage us for the benefit of other countries. They are not operating in their own country for change. They are wreaking havok in the US to benefit countries on the other side of the Earth. Even if they are naturalized citizens, they are working in the interests of Islam.

These two groups are completely different. One is religiously motivated. The other is not. So many differences...

If you REALLY don't see the difference, i'd be pretty shocked at your ignorance. Surely you do.

Since your name is "thriftylefty" i'm guessing you are just taking the left side in the game of politics and acting as a sheep, just like the righties are. Am I correct?
the federal Government doesn't care about the motivation to do it harm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 11:52 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
We are citizens of our States we live in.

Our States participate in a union of ideas.

Our States no longer have any say, in the ideas forced on the States.

The voice has been taken from the citizens.

It would be the same as the United Nations telling the USA what when and why, but the USA has no say at all.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:21 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
As things are now, probably no revolution - OTOH the conditions for widespread political violence and homegrown terrorism in the US DO exist. We've seen an increase in political violence already in the US although it's still at a relatively low level. This problem is bound to get worse barring sudden and unexpected positive economic changes.

This said - if states want to secede right now, they can do so via an act of Congress (Texas v. White allowing seccession with "consent of the other States" only, usually interpreted to mean consent of Congress). Few states could be viable nations on their own: California, New York, Texas, and Florida are the only ones that could be. Alaska has the resources but not the population.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:35 PM

243 posts, read 274,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
IMO what the Civil proved 150 years ago was that no conglomeration of states is more powerful than the Federal Government. Because its called the "United States" disunion is not an option.. The South might have been arguably one of the wealthiest economies in the world before the Civil War. Going to war against their own federal Government changed that , They could of still had their slaves, some wealth and some power but they risked it in an all or nothing fight. The lesson learned is the arm of our federal government is as long as it wants to be, don't risk what wealth and power you have challenging that fact. We the people are individually more powerful because our Federal Government is powerful.
I don't get it I was taught the reason we had an American Revolution was BECAUSE of a federal gov. that was too strong. But then again I learnred history when it was taught as it happened not how somebody thought it SHOULD have happened.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:14 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Any one who wants to go up against the United States Federal Government Should ask Korea, Germany, Vietnam, Japan, France, Spain, Mexico,Great Britan, Afgahnistan, Iraq how that work out for them. Even in the Middle east its pretty easy to guess who side you would rather be on.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:17 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
How would you know who was the 'enemy'?

Old 11-17-2010, 01:21 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
The government will attempt to disarm the people before too long. That will be the decision point.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:26 PM

243 posts, read 274,880 times
Quote:
Any one who wants to go up against the United States Federal Government Should ask Korea, Germany, Vietnam, Japan, France, Spain, Mexico,Great Britan, Afgahnistan, Iraq how that work out for them. Even in the Middle east its pretty easy to guess who side you would rather be on.
Of course we never got to go up against the soviet union and they really deserved crushing.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:27 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Any one who wants to go up against the United States Federal Government Should ask Korea, Germany, Vietnam, Japan, France, Spain, Mexico,Great Britan, Afgahnistan, Iraq how that work out for them.
The Confederate States of America should also be on that list.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:32 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,929,460 times
To BentBow: Nothing would please me more than to see you and your state leave the USA and become an independent nation. I really would wish Texas well and am sure it would become a viable nation. Anymore, I just don't want to be part of a country with Texas in it.

I don't feel one iota of kinship with anyone I have ever met from Texas. People in the south, and especially Texas, despise the US Govt and always have. For the life of me I don't understand why they still are a part of this country.

I do think the USA will break up. Nothing is permanent. I think the northeast part of the USA will do just fine with Boston, NYC, DC, Philly, etc. Maybe we can petition Canada to join up. I would whole heartedly vote for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies