Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 11:19 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,270,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
The show is not just about who is dancing the best but who is improving the most and who can get the audience to vote.

Did you vote for anyone on the show? If so Who
You must be a poster at the Dancing with the Stars message board. This has been the debate since the first season started and there hasn't been a consensus yet. You weren't asking me, but I have voted and watched every show. It's a common charge that a lot of the Tea Party people who are getting their voting instruction off Sarah's blog and twitters aren't watching, just voting. It's also true what another poster is saying about the "Vote for the Worst" website has been targeting Bristol. That latter site is mean-spirited to the tenth! I predict Bristol will win this season but I'm rooting for Kyle. He's fun to watch and has also come a long way in the "most improved" category. Brandy deserved to be in the finals, though.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:20 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,588,410 times
It's all about Sarah's dirty politics, not Bristol's dirty dancin'.
Palin has reduced a good time entertaining show to a sham.
http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/entertainment/111710-bristol-palin-booed-amid-cheating-claims (broken link)

Old 11-17-2010, 11:23 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,693,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post

Again no proof.........

Old 11-17-2010, 11:23 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,576,915 times
Quote:

Your pathological obsession with sarah palin is laughable....and very pathetic. You constantly post hateful, bashing, things about her. If you dislike her so much, ignore her! You CAN do that, you know. It is not like she is the President.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:25 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,815,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You must be a poster at the Dancing with the Stars message board. This has been the debate since it started and there hasn't been a consensus yet. You weren't asking me, but I have voted and watched every show. It's a commonly charged that a lot of the Tea Party people who are getting their voting instruction off Sarah's blog and twitters aren't watching, just voting. It's also true what another poster is saying about the "Vote for the Worst" website has been targeting Bristol. That latter site is mean-spirited to the tenth! I predict Bristol will win this season but I'm rooting for Kyle. He's fun to watch and has also come a long way in the "most improved" category.
No I dont go to dancing with the stars message board. I didnt even know they had one. I dont go to Palins blog either. Not every tea party person loves Palin.

So what if every single tea party person votes for Bristol what is the problem? Do you think Sarah is the only person that is promoting to get votes for say Bristol?

You dont think Ray J was getting all his friends and what not to vote for Brandy and to get their friends also.

Heck I follow Maks on twitter and they were on twitter asking for votes also. Its not just Sarah asking people to vote for her child. Of course she is going to ask people to vote for her daughter. Would you not ask people to vote for yours?

I really dont see the problem.

I would rather have someone with no dance background that is the most improved win. Always have. Thats why all my votes went to Kurt Warner till he got voted off. I would rather Brandy stay over Jennifer Grey. Her whining is getting on my nerves along with many other peoples

Old 11-17-2010, 11:27 AM

9,879 posts, read 7,986,046 times
Quote:
I didnt Shout IF I WAS GOING TO SHOUT i WOULD USE ALL CAPS.

No!! they just had entire fan bases of a football team voting. So their voting base must have been pretty large for say Emmit Smith since he won the entire thing. So their fan base is fine but Bristol isnt because its from people in the republican party.

I have a feeling you'd be fine with someones child on the left going on the show and democrats voting for that child in support.

Did you vote for anyone on the show and if so who?

People are voting for Bristol Palin and I dont like that because I dont agree with her mothers politics
Has any democrat had their child on the show? Bristol is the first non celebrity they have had on DWTS. Shouldn't
they have asked Sarah instead?

Seems to me DWTS changed their format base. Who are they going to have on next, the guy that stormed off the plane after swearing at a passenger

I even thought Kate Gosselin was a stretch, but at least she had a long running reality show.
Turns out she was a horrible dancer

Old 11-17-2010, 11:29 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,741,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
From DU? They have no credibility - just a bunch of left-wing kooks with a hatred for Palin that knows no bounds.

Breaking News!!

Bristol's fans are VOTING for her!!!

Stop the presses!

The more the crazed, insane Left continue to attack her family, the more sympathy they garner from the masses.
I agree and I disagree with you.

People who are outraged have a right to their feelings, but really, the moment a competition has a judging component that is based on audience votes, that competition becomes a popularity contest. Everyone who has watched the show has been disappointed when some contestants stayed longer than their dance skills alone would have dictated, but the results aren't based on dance skills alone, or even on the audience's judgment of those dance skills.

But I don't think that the people who are outraged are confined to the "crazed, insane Left", and I don't think expressing that disappointment constitutes an attack.

The voting system opens itself the possibility of being corrupted. So what? It's just a television show. And if some of the people who are voting aren't just voting because they are fans of Bristol Palin, but are voting because they are fans of Sarah Palin, so what? The producers were well aware of that possibility when they invited Bristol Palin to be part of the show.

All in all, we should be thankful that Bristol Palin HAS shown considerable improvement as the show has progressed. She may not be as talented a dancer as others on the show, but she's no Kenny Mains, either.

And anyway, my favorite is Kyle. And he's not the best dancer, either. He's just the one that's the most fun to watch, in my opinion. And it's a subjective opinion. Which everyone's opinion is with regards to whom they support on this show.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:30 AM

15,701 posts, read 16,965,811 times
Quote:
I didnt Shout IF I WAS GOING TO SHOUT i WOULD USE ALL CAPS.

No!! they just had entire fan bases of a football team voting. So their voting base must have been pretty large for say Emmit Smith since he won the entire thing. So their fan base is fine but Bristol isnt because its from people in the republican party.

I have a feeling you'd be fine with someones child on the left going on the show and democrats voting for that child in support.

Did you vote for anyone on the show and if so who?

People are voting for Bristol Palin and I dont like that because I dont agree with her mothers politics
The football players had a fan base that they earned themselves..........not their mother's fan base. I also never heard of the NFL posting instructions on how to stack the votes.

Who did I vote for? You tell first.

I posted on another thread about Bristol being on DWTS in the very beginning.
I said I wished her well and hoped this was an oportunity for her to break away from her mother's influence and become her own person. I also said I hoped her mother didn't drag politics into this.

I was hoping Bristol would use this as an opportunity to become an independent adult, stand on her own..............guess not.

I didn't drag her mother's politics into this situation.................her mother did that.

I am still judging Bristol on her own abilities.........and guess what...........she has been the worst dancer on there for weeks.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:31 AM

17,019 posts, read 14,300,088 times
Quote:
can't handle the truth Conservative site is cheating about Bristol for (drum roll pleez) > SARAH (the sore loser).
No, I can. When it exists.

You post link after link after link but never seem to look at sites that are posted (directly to you) that offer proof of a different or opposing viewpoint.

So, I just won't waste my time any longer.

(Btw, Obama cheated his way into office - there's truckloads of proof on that.)

Last edited by Chuckity; 11-17-2010 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-17-2010, 11:34 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,576,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
No, I can. When it exists.

You post link after link after link but never seem to look at sites that are posted (directly to you) that offer proof of a differt or opposing viewpoint.

So, I just won't waste my time any longer.

(Btw, Obama cheated his way into office - there's truckloads of proof on that.)

Well Said!! I agree - aspiesmom posts one ridiculous link after another and I no longer bother to even open them.

Obamma DID cheat his way into office - but the lefties are not going to comment on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies