Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 07:54 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Leave it to the Palins to turn a light hearted show into something dirty.

Just a peak into how the country would be run if Palin had the power.

Disgusting.
How are the Palins doing anything dirty? Bristol is dancing in the show, that is all. How can people be spinning this so much?

Old 11-17-2010, 07:54 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
The producers of this show should be ashamed of themselves.
The show itself is shameful.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:56 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
If you feel the need to obsess over the dancing of some girl because her mom is in politics you have gone way over the edge.

Do family members avoid you at gatherings? Refuse to talk politics with you? Delete your spam garbage emails about birth certificates or stealing the Florida election?
These are signs you have a sickness, an obsession and are likely an insufferable boor to those around you....and the irony is there is little difference between the politicians you love and the ones you hate.

It's all an us vs. them, good vs. evil mental construct and it's frankly sad and a bit scary to see.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:56 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The shenanigans of the Tea Party regarding Bristol Palin and Dancing with the Stars is simply a precursor of the types of underhanded things to come with those people.

If the Tea Party is supposed to stand for fairness, truthfulness, transparency, fighting against underhanded deals, nepotism, etc - then the hypocrisy is clearly evident.

They are not helping Bristol Palin by giving her a hollow victory over better qualified dancing contestants but I guess that they have no problem with "Affirmative Action" as long as they are the benefactors.
No different than when blacks voted for their favorite black entertainer, or Italians voted for that guy from Jersey Shore...Jerry Rice winning the trophy??? Give me a break...football fans voting for him...so what's the beef..just because you can somehow put the words "tea party" in the sentence...

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-17-2010 at 08:57 AM..

Old 11-17-2010, 07:57 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
It's not about an obsession with the Palin family. It is about the far right /Tea Party's obsession with politicizing and winning things just to spite the left/President Obama, even if it means giving someone something they don't deserve or hurting someone who does deserve to win but doesn't support their agenda. This just goes to show that they will go to any length to win and no critical thinking, logic or fairness is involved. They're like a pack of hungry coyotes but can't see that there is food right in front of them.
What a strange post... no politician in modern history has been so vilified.

FEMINIST stated on nation television that Palin should "stay home and raise her kids"

and you don’t think there is an obsession with Palin?

then you say that the unnatural and incessant focus on the Palin’s by liberals is a result of “the far right /Tea Party's obsession with politicizing and winning things just to spite the left/President Obama”

Paranoia is a serious psychological issue my friend.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:00 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Bristol seems like a nice kid but she can't dance and usually by this point in the contest a person's fan base isn't enough to keep them on the show when there are better dancers. I think that's what's got fans of the show so upset for the other contests. The show is using her and her mother to get their viewership up---we all know that---BUT what a terrible message her appearance on the program is sending to our youth: get pregnant out of wedlock and that makes you famous enough to appear on TV, no social penalty to pay, just get pregnant and you've got your ticket to fame and fortune like Bristol, Kate and Octo-mom. I don't understand why her mother's conservative fan base thinks Bristol's winning Dancing with the Stars would be such a cool thing. When their own daughters become sexually active teens they can blame their own voting record with Bristol for sending the wrong message to their children.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:01 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Some of you people need to learn where the off buttons on your televisions are.

If you don't like a show, change the channel. It's JUST A SHOW.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:01 AM

17,415 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
What does ACORN have to do with this? Some ACORN employees faked voter registration forms. Do you seriously think that this somehow affected the outcome of the 2008 election? That is reaching. It has nothing to do with the rabid, frothing at the mouth, pack mentality that is running rampant through the right.
Yeah, it's about as silly as you turning DWTS into something that's politically motivated.

Calm the heck down, it's a tv show for crying out loud.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:06 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Yeah, it's about as silly as you turning DWTS into something that's politically motivated.

Calm the heck down, it's a tv show for crying out loud.

Someone needs to say this ^^^^ to the psychotic Sarah Palin supporters.....the "Palin Power" voting squad. They are making Bristol Palin a pariah.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:06 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
Look, If you go back and read any of my posts, you all will know I'm a huge hater of Sarah Palin. But Bristol is another story - I've got a soft spot in my heart for her. And regardless if the tea baggers kept her there or not, she's actually improved A LOT and I'm glad to see her stay. Mostly b/c I HATE Brandy.
I don't have time to watch these shows - but from the breakroom conversations, I get the impression that Jennifer Gray dances okay but is whiney and complaining and the audience just doesn't like her. Bristol Palin is shy and modest - and is just more likeable.

I don't really get the concept of the show - making young and older compete on the same terms, and inexperienced non-dancers compete with experienced professional dancers like Gray.

And as far as politics - obviously likeability is a factor there also. Bill Clinton made a whole career out of convincing naive voters he was a likeable guy, and in that case it was just a good con game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies