Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: TSA patdown, Worker Gender
No patdown and feel up 16 44.44%
Gender does not matter 3 8.33%
Only female patdown workers 4 11.11%
Only really smoke'n HOT, inteligent women patdaown workers 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 11:27 AM

996 posts, read 1,056,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
An excellent suggestion and toattly implementable today. Airports are NOT required to use TSA agents. They can hire their own security and the Federal government will still pay for it. That was written in to the 2001 law that formed the TSA. If you really believe this way then I urge you to write to the airport management office at your local airport and urge them to take this action. Many airport managers are not even aware they have this option. Recently a Republican congressman wrote to 160 airports to remind them of this option but ALL airports need to know about it and be encouraged to use it.

Too. Much. Information.
You failed to note that the airport manager has no control over the plane once it is in the air.

Stupid idea IMO..

This whole deal is much ado about nothing.

Awhile back I was yanked out of the security line at the Philly airport - after removing my shoes, emptying my pockets, yada,yada when the metal detector thing kept buzzing on me. They asked if I had any metal implants - answer no.

Two TSA brothers made me lean against the wall , hand wanded and frisked me thoroughly and came to final conclusion that my belt buckle made the metal detector buzz - DUH !!!

Instead of whining like a baby victim, I returned to my pocket contents and shoes and exclaimed that I guess the TSA guys were a bit testy because the Eagles got pounded by the Cowboys the day before.

Got a laugh from a bunch of fellow passengers as well as the 2 TSA guys that frisked me.

Lighten Up Sheeple !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 11:28 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maschuette View Post
Whats your solution? Do nothing and hope the terrorist dont try anything. If nothing else, this security dissuades terrorist from trying to get a bomb on board.
How does it dissuade terrorists?

Not everyone is subject to the same security measures,these new enhanced measures are not applied to ALL passengers.

Airport employees(cleaners,fast food workers,etc) aren't subject to ANY scanning or pat downs.

No measures so far would catch a terrorist with explosives placed internally,which Al Qaeda has already attempted overseas.

What you are witnessing is security theater,it is to make you FEEL safe.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:29 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,468,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maschuette View Post
The underwear bomber happened less then a year ago. Thats the only one i know of.
I am sure that there is more. They just don't tell us...

Old 11-17-2010, 11:37 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,468,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintblaster View Post
You failed to note that the airport manager has no control over the plane once it is in the air.

Stupid idea IMO..

Awhile back I was yanked out of the security line at the Philly airport - after removing my shoes, emptying my pockets, yada,yada when the metal detector thing kept buzzing on me. They asked if I had any metal implants - answer no.

Two TSA brothers made me lean against the wall , hand wanded and frisked me thoroughly and came to final conclusion that my belt buckle made the metal detector buzz - DUH !!!

Instead of whining like a baby victim, I returned to my pocket contents and shoes and exclaimed that I guess the TSA guys were a bit testy because the Eagles got pounded by the Cowboys the day before.

Got a laugh from a bunch of fellow passengers as well as the 2 TSA guys that frisked me.

Just because you don't think you are a victim, doesn't mean you are not.
Case in point, those who imposed these machines into the airports swore under oath that they do not even have the ability to store or send images, and therfore the scanners are no big deal.
However, it was found that it has the capability to store thousands of images, and to test to see if it worked, they sent the images. They lied. You have to think why would they lie, but better yet, why would they want to keep images of naked people in the first place? It is all about control.
They are starting small and slow. But you and people that think like you are being taken for a ride.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
I am sure that there is more. They just don't tell us...
Exactly, and that's the way it should be.

Whether it be TSA, CIA ops, etc. the slogan "You can't handle the truth" holds true.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Just because you don't think you are a victim, doesn't mean you are not.
Case in point, those who imposed these machines into the airports swore under oath that they do not even have the ability to store or send images, and therfore the scanners are no big deal.
However, it was found that it has the capability to store thousands of images, and to test to see if it worked, they sent the images. They lied. You have to think why would they lie, but better yet, why would they want to keep images of naked people in the first place? It is all about control.
They are starting small and slow. But you and people that think like you are being taken for a ride.

Oh pulease, they are images similiar to an Xray...

You have a choice - get scanned,get patted down, or don't fly.

btw - I am being taken for a ride - on a big jet airplane... and being searched is part of the price of admission.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:42 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:

Stupid idea IMO..

And you didnt have enough sense to take your belt off?

Old 11-17-2010, 11:44 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
Quote:
Oh pulease, they are images similiar to an Xray...

You have a choice - get scanned,get patted down, or don't fly.

btw - I am being taken for a ride - on a big jet airplane... and being searched is part of the price of admission.
To keep you safe and secure are you willing to restrict your other rights,such as the 2nd?

It would be done to protect you.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
And you didnt have enough sense to take your belt off?
The genious TSA woman manning the metal detector walkthrough told me it was not necessary.

I easily could have, I wear my pants around my waist, not around my ankles like a couple of other thugs that were standing in the line...

Old 11-17-2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
To keep you safe and secure are you willing to restrict your other rights,such as the 2nd?

It would be done to protect you.
I don't see an airport search as being an unjustified search of my person.

Typical liberal argument on your part - spin the argument to a totally unrelated topic...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies