Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2010, 02:37 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
HCC Insurance Holdings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In a release on its official website dated September 13, 2001, HCC had what it called a "small participation in the World Trade Center property insurance coverage and some of the surrounding buildings"
Bush left Stratesec after 1999 but currently remains an adviser to HCC Insurance. HCC lost $29 million at 9/11, largely from World Trade Center property losses, medical payouts in New York City, and workers' compensation reinsurance losses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 02:44 PM

563 posts, read 1,286,708 times
What agenda is pushing the debunkers to defend the official report?
Do you really believe the government is looking out for YOU? Unless your job or pension is at stake, why would you defend the NIST report, while more than a thousend architects, who have studied exactly these subjects, want a new investigation?
If there is just the slightest chance 9/11 was orchestrated with the help or knowledge of our governments, then americans need to stand up and fight for a new investigation, and there are just too many cooincidences and accidental occurrances.
As another poster wrote, one needs to look at who profited from the events. Cui bono? Sure as heck wasn't the muslims

Old 11-18-2010, 02:51 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Sebring View Post
Do you really believe the government is looking out for YOU? Unless your job or pension is at stake, why would you defend the NIST report, while more than a thousend architects, who have studied exactly these subjects, want a new investigation?
If there is just the slightest chance 9/11 was orchestrated with the help or knowledge of our governments, then americans need to stand up and fight for a new investigation, and there are just too many cooincidences and accidental occurrances.
As another poster wrote, one needs to look at who profited from the events. Cui bono? Sure as heck wasn't the muslims

out of AE911 not one is a skyscraper archetet, not one is a structural engineer, not one is a demo expert

just because they call themselve archetect and engineers, doesnt mean they know thing one about the stiuation

who is defending the government

I lived there. I worked in manhatten, I was in the city that day

mightqueen is a survivor of the towers

yet people on these boards, who have probably never even been to the towers spew all this hate for the governemt

I was in the towers that saturday night before, WoW (windows on the world) was having a wine tasting party

Old 11-18-2010, 02:55 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,048,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
Bush left Stratesec after 1999 but currently remains an adviser to HCC Insurance. HCC lost $29 million at 9/11, largely from World Trade Center property losses, medical payouts in New York City, and workers' compensation reinsurance losses.
HCC announced Bush's resignation from its board in a press release on November 22, 2002, entitled "HCC appoints new director." Still, Bush remains an advisor to the chairman and the board of directors and remains on HCC's Investment Committee.

After suffering $29 million in net losses largely from 9/11 World Trade Center-connected property destruction, medical stop-loss payouts in New York City, and workers compensation reinsurance costs, HCC exited the workers' compensation insurance business. With HCC's stock price dropping, Stephen Way, its CEO, exercised 350,000 stock options Sept. 27, 2001, and another 350,000 HCC options a month later, selling the blocks of shares and acquiring comparable blocks at a lower price.

L. Byron Way, HCC's vice president, explained in a telephone interview that HCC "handled easily maybe a dozen or so coverages for the World Trade Center," mainly property and workers compensation. The coverages go back well through the 1990s. However, given that "the policies were rewritten annually," with different amounts of coverage from year to year depending on the type of coverage, Way is unable to say exactly when HCC became a carrier for the Center or how much its exposure with the WTC totaled. "With stakes that big, premiums can vary," Way explained, adding that all property coverages were done through the company's London office.

Old 11-18-2010, 03:06 PM

563 posts, read 1,286,708 times
Quote:
out of AE911 not one is a skyscraper archetet, not one is a structural engineer, not one is a demo expert

just because they call themselve archetect and engineers, doesnt mean they know thing one about the stiuation

who is defending the government

I lived there. I worked in manhatten, I was in the city that day

mightqueen is a survivor of the towers

yet people on these boards, who have probably never even been to the towers spew all this hate for the governemt

I was in the towers that saturday night before, WoW (windows on the world) was having a wine tasting party
I was in Manhattan that fateful day as well, walked home to Queens like tons of other people, could not find my girlfriend until later in the evening. She was walking home too. That night we were angry at those who did that to us.
My point is, one needs to question the official version, too many coincidents happen that day

Old 11-18-2010, 03:15 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
I was in Manhattan that fateful day as well, walked home to Queens like tons of other people, could not find my girlfriend until later in the evening. She was walking home too. That night we were angry at those who did that to us.
My point is, one needs to question the official version, too many coincidents happen that day
Then be angry at the terrorists who planned the attacks and hijacked the airplanes.

Old 11-18-2010, 03:26 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
HCC lost $29 million at 9/11, largely from World Trade Center property losses, medical payouts in New York City, and workers' compensation reinsurance losses.
Well... that sure worked!

Old 11-18-2010, 03:32 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
The truth needs an agenda? Boy, Western Civilization... how far you have fallen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Sebring
Whether the government is looking out for me or not, I know from my own background and experience that those "thousand architects" all have their heads firmly in rectal defilade.

Quote:
You must live in an alternative universe. Because in this one most things are by definition "coincidences and accidental occurrences."

Quote:
And yet... they were the ones who celebrated and claimed responsibility.

People just don't know what's good for them sometimes.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:28 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Defenders of the truth too. Also.
How would you know that?

Old 11-18-2010, 08:02 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Chirping over and over again that everyone but the truthers is simply "defending the official report" doesn't make it so, and I can't for the life of me understand why you don't get this. It's ****ing weird. I don't trust our government to look out for our best interests any more than you do, but as stated in previous posts and on the previous threads in this, it's not as though the government did the investigation secretly and in some sort of vacuum. There were a lot of people involved, and I know some of them. Well-respected professional engineers who knew the buildings inside and out while they stood. Your websites tell you only certain information, stretch or twist the truth and sometimes outright LIE, and you swallow it hook line and sinker without question, just as you accuse others of doing. Do some real research, man, not government sites, and not conspiracy sites that have something to sell you. I'm talking about books and articles without an agenda. The real story is complex and fascinating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies