Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the legacy Bush and Cheney have left for the USA
They were great and did everything to protect the USA 4 12.12%
They did some things well, there have been worse administrations 11 33.33%
No objections 0 0%
They ruined the economy 18 54.55%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 01:21 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times

Advertisements

JMO but Hank Paulson is an evil genius who destroyed our economy with one full swoop, just before Bush left. I dont even think Bush knew the gravity of what was happening, but Mr Goldman Sachs sure the hell did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2010, 01:23 PM

And we STILL have no Wall Street Reform law in the works, I am upset I voted for change, and we are getting the same b.s.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:36 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
And we STILL have no Wall Street Reform law in the works, I am upset I voted for change, and we are getting the same b.s.
don't worry, you're (obviously) not the only one who fell for that crap.
The good news is that you can redeem yourself in 2012

Old 11-27-2010, 09:58 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
There's going to be a choice?

Old 11-27-2010, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
There's going to be a choice?
well, for some of us...
I assume that you will voting for your usual write-in candidate "Stiff Richard"

Old 11-27-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:
How?...lol they are all corrupt and Independents cant win.... who is actually the Repub. candidate...and please dont say palin.

I dont need to redeem anything..my conscience is clear and I dont really care who wins at this point bcs its all hopeless.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:59 PM

[quote=skoro;16782370]You're right, of course. I said all Republicans voted for it when in fact 2.7% of Republicans actually did vote against the Bush war resolution. So let me revise my figures. The Iraq quagmire is only 97.3% a GOP screw-up.

The fact that keeps slapping you in the face but you continue to ignore is that Bush was "the decider" as he referred to himself. The decision to go war with Iraq, unjustified as it was, was his.

I wonder if anyone is reading Bushs new book, lol. Havent seen many right wing on here defending his Iraq decision at this point.

Old 11-30-2010, 03:06 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:

I wonder if anyone is reading Bushs new book, lol. Havent seen many right wing on here defending his Iraq decision at this point.
I don't know how well Bush's book is selling. But I don't have any interest in reading it at this point. His record is very clear w/o reading his excuses for his mismanagement.

Old 11-30-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
How?...lol they are all corrupt and Independents cant win.... who is actually the Repub. candidate...and please dont say palin.

I dont need to redeem anything..my conscience is clear and I dont really care who wins at this point bcs its all hopeless.
No, I hope it is NOt Palin. The only way Obama wins re-election is if Palin runs against him... or, if another strong independent (i.e. Ross Perot) runs too.
The repub nominee will probably be Gingrich, Huckabee, Romney, or Pawlenty. I am hoping for Gingrich or Pawlenty myself. Gingrich would be great, but I realize that he is polarizing. Pawlenty doesn't have as much of a downside, and he seems level headed.

Old 12-10-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
No, I hope it is NOt Palin. The only way Obama wins re-election is if Palin runs against him... or, if another strong independent (i.e. Ross Perot) runs too.
The repub nominee will probably be Gingrich, Huckabee, Romney, or Pawlenty. I am hoping for Gingrich or Pawlenty myself. Gingrich would be great, but I realize that he is polarizing. Pawlenty doesn't have as much of a downside, and he seems level headed.
What is Pawlentys platform?. Romney seems acceptable, he is educated, and doesnt shoot animals on trash tv to get ratings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies