Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 09:05 PM

4 posts, read 1,723 times

Advertisements

Speaking of Kids. I believe that a lot of people who have Children without any money, property or future for raising and educating them, run into a lot of problems. They are eXpect others around them who are waiting or planning on children of their own - To Fund the costs for having someone else's children and medical and food and so forth.

I love Children dearly, however too many people having children with no plans, who are in debt, poverty and living from day to day, is not a great way to live Eventually the poor stay poor and the rich are not interested in forking out their money just to afford the cost of people who cant stop having unprotected sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 01:05 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Ummm, better check your math. If you take someone with hundreds of millions, and try to alleviate the ineptitude of millions, they each would receive...hundreds of dollars. The Quikee Mart would sell a bunch of lotto tickets and more twinkies and beer for a few days.

Maybe you have not been reading the news, but two of the three wealthiest people on the planet are donating the vast bulk of their fortunes to charity.

What was your second-best idea for a new thread?
While the other one, who made his billions by overcharging people to use the telephone in Mexico, has used a tiny fraction of his wealth to control America's leading newspaper.

Old 10-20-2015, 05:00 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,821,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRefugee View Post
There are a handful of people who have enough wealth to end the poverty and suffering of everybody on this entire Earth. That's no exageration.

I'm not talking about people with a couple hundred thousand, or even a couple million dollars.

I'm talking about people with hundreds of millions of dollars or even billions.

Is there any reason why one individual should have a billion dollars?

The whole "trickle down" theory is obviously NOT working as it's supposed to. The wealth trickles down at a drip and a flood is needed.

Many of these ultra-rich people do not even operates businesses and pay employees. They simply move investments around and hoard the money.

I think something needs to be done about this. What do you think? This has been getting more and more out of control in recent years.

Bernie, is that you?

Old 10-20-2015, 05:02 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,624,543 times
If you want to make the billion dollars disappear, give it to your kids.....

Old 10-20-2015, 05:10 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,624,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytelacomma404 View Post
Speaking of Kids. I believe that a lot of people who have Children without any money, property or future for raising and educating them, run into a lot of problems. They are eXpect others around them who are waiting or planning on children of their own - To Fund the costs for having someone else's children and medical and food and so forth.

I love Children dearly, however too many people having children with no plans, who are in debt, poverty and living from day to day, is not a great way to live Eventually the poor stay poor and the rich are not interested in forking out their money just to afford the cost of people who cant stop having unprotected sex.
Yet the Republican Party wants no abortions, no birth control paid for by insurance, no affordable child care.
If you want these people off welfare someone needs to teach these ignorant people that having more kids isn't in their best interest. Then you have a problem after these unwanted kids are brought into this world with abuse and neglect. Who's going to pay? Viscous cycle......

Old 10-20-2015, 05:15 AM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
you know I don't care if they have --it's just SAD when they WASTE it - like $75K on some sex broads and drugs -- the WASTE is what s SICKENING from the Fed to the rest of us -- why people why??

Old 10-20-2015, 05:49 AM

23,541 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
There are a handful of people who have enough wealth to end the poverty and suffering of everybody on this entire Earth. That's no exageration.

I'm not talking about people with a couple hundred thousand, or even a couple million dollars.

The whole "trickle down" theory is obviously NOT working as it's supposed to. The wealth trickles down at a drip and a flood is needed.

Many of these ultra-rich people do not even operates businesses and pay employees. They simply move investments around and hoard the money.

I think something needs to be done about this. What do you think? This has been getting more and more out of control in recent years.
Tell us exactly how money will end poverty and suffering across the globe?

Zuckerberg gave Newark, NJ 100 million dollars just for education. Newark has so far squanderd several hundred thousand dollars to date.

Give my impoverished cousin 10K dollars and in 6 months he will be impoverished again.

Perhaps there is a point of diminishing return when cash is the sole solution to a social..... or economic problem for that matter.

Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life, hand him a fish and you feed him for a day. the liberals have chosen the wrong part of that lesson to follow.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:53 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,629 times
Quote:

Oh yeah, that makes perfect sense. Take it away from those that produce and give it to those that don't. Honestly I have to wonder how some of you people manage to make it out the door, probably you don't, you just stay right there in Mom's basement and save the world.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:56 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
How about starting a business to create jobs for all those people to actually EARN their keep instead of believing the successful people should be sharing it for nothing.
What kind of business would that be?

I'd like to buy un-pasturized milk, but that's as illegal as pot.

In Colorado, it is MORE illegal than pot.

Old 10-20-2015, 09:02 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Bernie, is that you?
Yeah, if Bernie had more money, he could hire black people to wash his underpants, which would free him up for more profitable work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies