Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 08:42 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,194,304 times

Advertisements

I-4 road rage shooting: Road-rage incident on Interstate 4 in Orlando leads to shooting near downtown - OrlandoSentinel.com

I'll never understand the mentality of an individual that feels it necessary to shoot a pistol at another vehicle because they were cut off on the highway.
Don't they realize that a stray shot could kill an innocent bystander or a child riding in another vehicle ? Don't they realize they will go to jail for a long time ?

I-4 is a horror story every day ... from the rubber neckers to the texters to the motorcyclists passing between cars to the weavers to the tailgaters ... the list goes on and on. What ever happened to being civilized to others ?

If you're late for work and feel the need to text your boss and co-workers, GET UP EARLIER ! If you feel the need to drive 90-100 mph in the far right hand lane, think of the older person who might be doing the speed limit. If you feel the need to tailgate, think what would happen if a dog ran out in front of the car in front of you and they had to slam on the brakes. If you feel the need to pull our your gun and shoot someone for a traffic violation, take an anger management class.

DOES ANYONE CARE ANY MORE ????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 01:38 AM

238 posts, read 742,622 times
I tell friends to drive defensively. I had a guy shake his fist at me as I was singing along with a song on the radio. Don't make any gestures, shake your head or sing as people may interpret them as being threatening or belittling. Certainly using a cell phone, either in a conversation or texting, takes your attention off the road. My wife had a driver follow her into her employer's parking lot to complain that
she didn't yield when the driver forced her way into a lane my wife was driving in miles away from the job site. That woman stewed over her perception that my wife should have yielded to her. I'm surprised that we don't have more road rage instances.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:13 AM

18 posts, read 31,561 times
FTR, 'Road Rage' is not exclusive to the Orlando area...

IMO, this is mostly a function of people feeling angry and out of control of their lives. With no real outlet, they take their life's frustrations on whomever and whatever they can.

Not excusing it, just trying to understand the root cause (in most cases anyway)

Old 11-18-2010, 08:16 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
I don't understand how the NRA can justify people like this owning a gun, certainly makes for a poor argument. I find the people on the roads in Orlando to be worrisome. I watched a guy on a motorcycle park, and walk across 3 lanes so he could knife a guys tire who apparently had done something. the way he was driving the motorcycle I doubt it was the other driver... yet this pu$$y ran like a beotch after his attack... what a coward. had I had a free lane I would have gladly placed my SUV on top of his bike while the police came to sort things out...

I am always amused at the people that do illegal acts then look at me like I did something wrong... We do have some ignorant drivers.

For those in the area here are some observations.
you can turn left on a green light after the arrow vanishes ( unless specified otherwise)
you can turn l on a one way, from a one way on a red light ( unless specified otherwise)
You can complete your turn when there is no traffic.. the people behind you would greatly appreciate you doing so.
Right turn on red means you stop first and if no one else is in your traffic pattern you may proceed, this includes those doing u-turns... it is their right of way.
You really can't talk on the phone or text when driving... I know you think you can but those around you know otherwise. You slow down, , don't pay attention, and staying in your lane is really important.
just because the lane is there doesn't mean you can occupy it when someone else is there. looking and signals go a long way.
60 MPH off an exit ramp and cutting across 5 lanes of traffic... Really?
For oncoming traffic you don't have to stop for school buses ...IF there is a median over 5'... a cross walk doesn't qualify
When you hear/feel a thump when you are texting... STOP the phvking car
if you are 95 with cataracts and remember when Bessy could work up a sweat at 5 mph maybe it's time to let someone else do the driving
if you are in a turning lane with no traffic and people beep don't get out of the car to complain, it is called assault and you can be arrested, of course some carry guns so be selective who you do that to., personally I hope it is the wrong person.
For those so inclined to steal gas, take the pump out of the filler port. before you drive off

Feel free to add you own observations...

Old 11-18-2010, 08:17 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
L..S I think you ar right. Pent up frustration leads to rage. Rage shuts down everything but itself.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:21 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Watching bad driving around Boston is one of my entertainments. Generally the bigger the car the dumber the driving.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:37 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
"Hi Honey, uh something happened"

"What happened baby? You ok? What's goin' on"

"Well Pumpkin, this guy cut me off on the freeway so I got out SW and fired off a couple warning shots into his car".

Silence on the other end of the phone. " Pumkie?"

"When can you be home? The fridge needs to be looked at. You tell those police that I got things to do here at the house now you get on that you hear me? If you're not here with MickeyD's in two....no one hour this place is goinng to be filled with water....you tell em that better yet lemme talk to that sumb@@tch hand him the phone.........junior needs to be picked up from school..........

Old 11-18-2010, 11:21 AM

570 posts, read 1,152,939 times
people over the age of 65 should be tested every 2-3 years for driving competence

and I don't care if this relates to the story or not

Old 11-18-2010, 11:28 AM

888 posts, read 1,186,383 times
Try riding a motorcycle, when some idiot gets pissed of at ya?
I've had cars tried to ram me, because I wasn't going fast enough!?

Steve

Old 11-18-2010, 01:58 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,223,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0gat0rs View Post
people over the age of 65 should be tested every 2-3 years for driving competence

and I don't care if this relates to the story or not
Why age specific? Test EVERYONE every 2-3 years. Everyone picks up bad driving habits and need refresher courses. Do eye tests, written tests, AND driving tests for EVERYONE who has a license. Age has little to do with anything by itself,...those over 65 are better drivers than those under 21, and in fact have fewer accidents and violations than those over 65.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies