Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2010, 05:05 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,706,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Do you know many cops? Their weapons are always ready at traffic stops.

They are figuring out ways. In a lot of jurisdictions now overtime is caused by a combination of hiring freezes and attrition. You can only adjust schedules so much and provide minimum service.

In MD, at least, police and firefighters don't get overtime until working 44 hours/week.
I realize that they are working long hours, and there is no easy solution. my point is that we should get more bang for the buck. 3 cops for 1 speeder is a waste of manpower

I know that I am sounding harsh. I just think that it is time that we get serious in the war on drugs!
I hear about "known criminals" and I want to puke. If someone is a known criminal then they need to be in jail.

I'm not blaming police... the criminals are the bad guys. I just want the bad guys arrested. Is that too much to ask?

and what about the calls asking for donations? I donate every time that I get another ticket
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 05:13 PM

45,354 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
I realize that they are working long hours, and there is no easy solution. my point is that we should get more bang for the buck. 3 cops for 1 speeder is a waste of manpower

I know that I am sounding harsh. I just think that it is time that we get serious in the war on drugs!
I hear about "known criminals" and I want to puke. If someone is a known criminal then they need to be in jail.

I'm not blaming police... the criminals are the bad guys. I just want the bad guys arrested. Is that too much to ask?

and what about the calls asking for donations? I donate every time that I get another ticket

You know it depends on the speeder. If he stops right away then rarely is there backup called, although if another officer is close by he'll mosey on over. If the speeder doesn't stop and becomes an eluder then backup is called. Then what you see is "3 cops for 1 speeder" on the side of the road. What you probably don't see because you've already driven past is the eventual reason for the eluding which is found after the search.

Old 11-25-2010, 05:19 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:

I'ld like the police to arrest the bad guys one time, upon conviction place them in prison and have bloomin keys thrown away.

The bleedin hearts can't stand that, and they can't stand 3 times and your out either, so the cops catch the same bad guys over 6 times, with countless crimes between getting caught times.

The bleedin hearts want total protection, but can't stand the idea that bad guys must stay in prison. Oh the poor bad guys were poor and homeless and dont want to work and must be on welfare to deal drugs and be violent..

Old 11-25-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You know it depends on the speeder. If he stops right away then rarely is there backup called, although if another officer is close by he'll mosey on over. If the speeder doesn't stop and becomes an eluder then backup is called. Then what you see is "3 cops for 1 speeder" on the side of the road. What you probably don't see because you've already driven past is the eventual reason for the eluding which is found after the search.
Fair enough
I find myself getting nickel & dimed to death by cops. parking, speeding, tinted windows, etc. There are many more dangerous criminals out there that we should be targeting

I'd like to see an all-out war on violent crime and/or drugs. More police working violent crimes, & less for the ticky-tacky stuff. If that means more free parking, then thats even better

Old 11-25-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Fair enough
I find myself getting nickel & dimed to death by cops. parking, speeding, tinted windows, etc. There are many more dangerous criminals out there that we should be targeting

I'd like to see an all-out war on violent crime and/or drugs. More police working violent crimes, & less for the ticky-tacky stuff. If that means more free parking, then thats even better
Take care for what you wish for. When you get out, if things have gone south you might end up as a cop yer self

Jobs are not easy to come by, unless you can qualify for a Fedral Govt Killer. CIA ops etc.

Old 11-25-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Take care for what you wish for. When you get out, if things have gone south you might end up as a cop yer self

Jobs are not easy to come by, unless you can qualify for a Fedral Govt Killer. CIA ops etc.
I'm thinking about opening up a doughnut shop. The cops can't seem o get enough

Old 11-25-2010, 05:33 PM

Oh I forgot about that. There is a job fer ya!
The real meaning of tax dollars at work too, Brilliant!

Old 11-25-2010, 08:57 PM

401 posts, read 473,643 times
How did this become a post about the police? I guess I missed it. Lets get back on track.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:51 PM

Sure. Tax the rich and end jobs it's that simple. Taxing the rich ends any interested in getting richer, and that ends jobs.

Old 11-25-2010, 10:10 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,122,630 times
Just a wild shot in the dark, but am I the only one who thinks the OP votes Democrat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies