Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should gay TSA agents be allowed to give same-gender pat-downs?
Yes, they should be allowed 49 45.79%
No, they should not 55 51.40%
Not sure 3 2.80%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 10:52 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,931,036 times

Advertisements

Professional they are not. Read about the TSO causing someone's urostomy seal to break and leak all over himself, without even acknowledging it?

TSA pat-down leaves traveler covered in urine - Travel - News - msnbc.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 01:20 AM

15,089 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMT View Post
I was under the impression that to opt out of the full body scan and make the TSA agent execute the procedure for the full pat down was to inconvience them and make them feel uncomfortable. Sry I missed the whole point of the protest.

Frustrate people going into a stressful holiday period.

Got it.

Maybe before Christmas we can slash all our tires on the highway to get Raliegh to realize they really should complete the last part of 485. That'll show'em.

As a side note, I'm against the full body scanner and the enhanced pat down procedures. I just am having a lot of trouble with the logic of making the average flyer suffer.
Then let me explain it to you .... freedom isn't FREE. When there are despots who's wish it is to strip us of our liberties ... it is our collective responsibility to stand up, and resist that.

It was Benjamin Franklin who, upon signing the declaration of independence (a virtual death warrant should the British prevail) said "we must all hang together or we shall surely hang separately".

Being a true patriot is not a spectator sport ... it requires participation and sacrifice ... no one is asking you to die ... but do at least trouble yourself to endure an inconvenience or two.

I believe those many that have died over the past 230 years fighting to defend our liberty, sacrificed more than just simple "inconvenience" in a fvking airport on thanksgiving.

If you don't feel you owe something to them, and you don't even care about yourself ... at least think of the future generations that will either enjoy liberty or suffer tyranny, depending on how we respond today.

That's the point.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:23 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Today the TSA is doing the crotch grab and cheap feel up, tommorow it will be internal cavity search. The Govt will justify anything.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:41 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Once again ... you insinuate the TSA is a trusted source by posting those phony pictures of scanner images they've offered up that show NO DETAIL and don't even look to be human beings, AS evidence to support your argument.

I know this is hard for you, so I'll try to make it simple ... if the TSA is caught lying .... which they have repeatedly ... using ANYTHING coming from them to support your position is not credible. It's like asking a criminal ..."did you do it?", and taking his word for it.

LMAO A Gov agency isn't credible, but a website/blog called "TheHumbleLibertarian" showing pictures that have been debunked numerous times is. That's what you're saying? Got it.

You're right, images can be made to look worse than they really are (by the government), but they couldn't possibly be made to look better. Seems completely logical to me. I'm convinced.

Tell you what, go find a graphic artist and ask them what happens when you reverse a monochrome image. I'll give you a hint, you don't end up with a quasi-fleshtone image like in that "proof" you posted.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:52 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Colin Powell in 2007...no one listened to him.

"The only thing that can really destroy us is us. We shouldn't do it to ourselves, and we shouldn't use fear for political purposes—scaring people to death so they will vote for you, or scaring people to death so that we create a terror-industrial complex."

Read More GQ Icon: Colin Powell: Newsmakers: GQ

Old 11-21-2010, 08:58 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

"The only thing that can really destroy us is us. We shouldn't do it to ourselves, and we shouldn't use fear for political purposes—scaring people to death so they will vote for you, or scaring people to death so that we create a terror-industrial complex."

He should be on a no-fly list,obviously a terrorist sympathiser.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:59 AM

Happy Texan, I don't know about you, but I am more worried about the enemy with in, the one we know, than any enemy outside the USA. Most any Govt takes what ever it wants, but one claiming to defend Freedom, and taking it away is the worse of any.

It's almost as if someone one in Govt took the Declaration of Independance to wipe.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:04 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

He's always seemed to me to be one of those mythical "cooler heads" that I'd been hearing about all my life.

It would be nice to see a cooler head prevail.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:20 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Southwest Airlines needs to put this ad to bed..not pertinent anymore to flying in the US.

"You are now free to move about the country".

Old 11-21-2010, 09:30 AM

Are your papers in order?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies