Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should gay TSA agents be allowed to give same-gender pat-downs?
Yes, they should be allowed 49 45.79%
No, they should not 55 51.40%
Not sure 3 2.80%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 04:51 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,466,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Anybody watch SNL's skit last night regarding the TSA?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcqI3tCSf-s
lol! That's what I'm talking about...

TSA can at least buy me dinner first before touching my x-rated parts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2010, 05:56 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Once again ... proving how ignorance rules you ... "LMAO A Gov agency isn't credible ...." That's exactly what I'm saying ... you're wrong to continue believing in the credibility of "Government" when all they do is lie. On the topic at hand, that's all they've done .... all of the "security" ... the "war on terror" ... the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan .... ALL OF IT based on lies.

But go ahead, laugh ... and when they stick their thumb up your arse to make you safe, just make sure they don't have both hands on your shoulders.
Sorry, I'll continue to trust an agency (ANY agency) with *some* amount of public accountability, over a website that could be run by some 13 yr old in mommy's basement THAT POSTED IMAGES PROVEN TO BE FAKED. You know that makes it an article "based on lies", right?

Old 11-22-2010, 06:35 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Sorry, I'll continue to trust an agency (ANY agency) with *some* amount of public accountability, over a website that could be run by some 13 yr old in mommy's basement THAT POSTED IMAGES PROVEN TO BE FAKED. You know that makes it an article "based on lies", right?
The TSA claims the AIT scanners cannot record images,even though their own specifications to the manufacturer were that the machines must be able to record and store images.

That would be a lie wouldn't it????

You know what should be done,people like you and others who think being x-rayed and having their genitals patted down should volunteer,those who do not want such procedures should be able to opt out.

You get to feel safe as some people are being scanned and groped,and the rest of us get to keep our right to privacy.

Would you feel better if this happened,if it was only those who chose to go through the scanning and groping that had it done?

Old 11-22-2010, 06:48 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,069,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
You don't mind being patted down? HAHA........and we wonder why America is descending into a mindless, tyrannical, police state ruled by big brother. I'm disgusted you even call yourself an American let alone even live and breathe the same air that I do as an American. Metal detectors IS ALL OUR FRICKING AIRPORTS NEED! We don't need body scanners and we sure as hell don't need pat downs. Nobody.....and I mean NOBODY is EVER going to put their hands on a child of mine unnecessarily. And I tell you what............any piece of **** TSA douchebag ever asks my child to take his shirt off in public surrounded by people as he proceeds to pat him or her down will see most of his teeth knocked out on the floor. You know what the hells is wrong with America nowadays? There are no REAL MEN willing to stand up for the rest of society let alone their own effing family. How can I husband, a protector of his family, sit by idly while some big brother POS gropes his wife and kids. I'm 6'5 over 250lbs of solid muscle and I tell you what......if that was my wife and kids going through some of this crap..........I sure as hell would find myself in jail having maimed for life one of these losers. And I don't care if it's a TSA female...I'd knock her teeth out too! Some of those cows are bigger than me! LOL........

Sigh.........that's why I opt out of flying. Let the stupid airlines go broke! Our turd of a President sits back and does nothing. Spineless, gutless, puppet he is!

The only one willing to do anything about this crap is as usual Ron Paul......a true American!
Why are you so upset when you have a choice in not flying? You clearly exercise that right. You can drive, take a bus or train to where you want to go. If you are traveling over sea's then I guess you are out of luck.

Everyone is talking about their rights and the Constitution yet there is nothing in the Constitution that says we have a right to fly.

I'm just saying...

Old 11-22-2010, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
Why are you so upset when you have a choice in not flying? You clearly exercise that right. You can drive, take a bus or train to where you want to go. If you are traveling over sea's then I guess you are out of luck.

Everyone is talking about their rights and the Constitution yet there is nothing in the Constitution that says we have a right to fly.

I'm just saying...
You have a right to not be searched without probable cause.

The search also needs to be reasonable in nature,feeling another person's genitals or taking pictures of them naked is neither.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:03 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,016,398 times
Quote:

I'm just saying...
Flight is often the only mode of transportation for many professionals. It is serviced by private airline carriers, but there is this nosey middleman.

TSA is obstructing commerce (in addtion to violating the 4th amendement by implementing unreasonable search)

Just curious - what would be the line you would not cross in this issue? Just exactly how much intrusion would you tolerate? Because next up are anal probes and having your wife take off her bra in front of 100s of strangers.

We've already passed the threshold of soaking paying travelers with medical conditions in their own urine... there is not much room left to 'improve' on that.

And the thing is that it IS JUST NOT EFFECTIVE, while the actual terrorists are laughing their butts off at this calamity.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouknow View Post

Just curious - what would be the line you would not cross in this issue? Just exactly how much intrusion would you tolerate? Because next up are anal probes and and having your wife take of her bra in fron of 100s of strangers.

We've already passed the threshold of soaking paying travelers with medical conditions in their own urine... there is not much room left to 'improve' on that.
I have wondered this,exactly what is 'too much'?

I am starting to think that the reason some find these measures okay is because it has no affect on them as they do not fly regularly....

Nothing as easy as surrendering another person's rights,see it all the time with the 2nd Amendment.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:08 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
Quote:

I'm just saying...
And how does one drive, ride a bus, or ride a train to islands or Hawaii?

Old 11-22-2010, 07:18 AM
Noc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouknow View Post
Flight is often the only mode of transportation for many professionals. It is serviced by private airline carriers, but there is this nosey middleman.

TSA is obstructing commerce (in addtion to violating the 4th amendement of unreasonable search)

Just curious - what would be the line you would not cross in this issue? Just exactly how much intrusion would you tolerate? Because next up are anal probes and and having your wife take of her bra in fron of 100s of strangers.

Obstructing commerce? The same can be said for police officers who do random traffic stops for seat belts. You ever see two cop cars unload a truck on the highway. Or block a busy road turning 2 -3 lanes into one looking for Gods knows what. Here in NYC they can search you before you board a subway. The private sector is and has already been looking at our belongings by scanning packages and letters before they are mailed. Isn't that the same thing you are describing?

If anyone, it could be the President himself asked me or my wife to strip down before I can get on a plane I'll turn around and walk. If we're at the point where there is probably cause to mandatory search individuals body cavities then I'm not flying. This would also open new opportunities for the private sector to come up with other means for transcontinental travel.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:22 AM
Noc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
And how does one drive, ride a bus, or ride a train to islands or Hawaii?
Get scanned, patted down or don't go. It's that simple.

I'm not saying any of this is right or that I like it but if I have to fly I know what I have to go through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies