Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should gay TSA agents be allowed to give same-gender pat-downs?
Yes, they should be allowed 49 45.79%
No, they should not 55 51.40%
Not sure 3 2.80%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 04:35 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
I think this scene shows what might be good suggestion on how to deal with airport security...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRpWnK6Rg3E

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 04:36 PM

159 posts, read 144,443 times
I wonder if I can get one of those Tool Stroking Agents to play with my nipples while the other is giving me a hand job.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:37 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Being a vet that flew MAC flights and such security doesn't offend me.
I have some steal where it doesn't belong and set off scaners everytime I fly. Still that doesn't bother me.
What does bother me?
When my flight is canceled 3 hours before its scheduled departure.
When my luggage is lost.
Uncomfortable seats.
When I am forced to sit next to one of the following:
Unwashed person.
Person who insists on making conversation.
Chronic complainers.
People who need to get up and walk around every 5 minutes.
People with gas.
People who read out loud then demand my opinion.
People who ask me if I think flying is safe. Dah I wouldn't be on a plane if I was worried.
I worry about airport security. I wonder why it is so halfazzed. I worry about who airports hire and if they do a valid background check.
I worry when I see people who seem to feel it will be any other plane but the one they are on that will targeted for terrorist uses.
1 sky martial onboard a flight? Is he or she any good with their weapon? How often to they train? This worries me. I don't want to get shot by accident.
No airport security doesn't offend me, the lack of real security does.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:40 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,304,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
get an instrument rating and you can fly from a commercial airport as well without issues, and without having to go through security.
You don't need an instrument rating. That only determines the type of weather conditions you can fly in and being able to fly in class A aispace (higher altitudes). A large airport (class B airspace) might limit your enterance into its airspace if they are busy but it has nothing to do with rating. Most big airports in this country are class C which always allow pilots of all types. Some examples of class C airports are San Antonio, Savannah, and Tallahassee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Even at 'commercial' airports which have GA traffic, private pilots simply hop in their plane and go. No screening.
Yep. Of course, raming a small plane into something will cause less damage than raming a large truck in to something so maybe that's why they don't need the same level of security.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:47 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,538,195 times
I understand that the intrusive patdowns are only for those that refuse to walk through the scanner.

Just walk through the dang scanner people! God forbid, the person looking at the screen might be able to detect your gender. Who cares - it's on your driver's license and by that time, they've already seen your gender, your weight, and your birthdate.

If you don't like it, then drive. If you don't want to drive, take the bus. If you are too good for that, then stay home.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:00 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
I understand that the intrusive patdowns are only for those that refuse to walk through the scanner.

Just walk through the dang scanner people! God forbid, the person looking at the screen might be able to detect your gender. Who cares - it's on your driver's license and by that time, they've already seen your gender, your weight, and your birthdate.

If you don't like it, then drive. If you don't want to drive, take the bus. If you are too good for that, then stay home.
Well said. It seems to me a good many people demanded to know how terrorists got onboard 4 of our airliners. People blamed airport security. And they were right.
Unlike a car that you might jump out of and live, a fall from a plane is almost 100% fatal. You are trapped.
If you can't deal with security find another mode of travel or adapt. We can never be 100% secure or safe. Hell I deeply question the background checks done on airport personel. Illegals have been caught working at airports, felons, and of course we can never forget family and friends of airport officials who needed a job but couldn't pass a check.
I get scanned then endure a hand scan because I have metal in my body that sets off metal detectors. Its annoying at times but at the end of the day I am glad someone was actually doing their job.
Now what happens if we relax security for the whiners? What happens if another terrorist attack happens? Lawsuits and lots of them. Because thats the american way. When in doubt sue someone.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:12 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,824 times
I find it very strange that I'm always seeing little old men and little old ladies getting the extra screening. This PC world we live in could be our undoing.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:13 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,425,518 times
It's a wonder we ever managed to fly before Sep 11..

The Govt is going ape sh*t on this. Terrorist will always find a way to get a bomb to their destination unfortunately. Molesting people and scanning them at the airport is doing NOTHING to deter them.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:14 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
So, the virtual naked screening or grope-down is in place thanks to the underwear bomber last year.

See..each NEW and enhanced screening method is in reaction to a previous attempt.

Scanners and pat-downs upset airline passengers - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101115/ap_on_bi_ge/us_airport_security - broken link)

"Napolitano later said in a news conference at Ronald Reagan National Airport that she regretted the growing opposition to moves by the federal government to make flying safer. But she said the changes were necessary to deal with emerging terrorist threats such as a Nigerian man's alleged attempt to blow up a jetliner bound from Amsterdam to Detroit last Christmas Day using hard-to-detect explosives. Authorities allege that the explosives were hidden in the suspect's underwear."

Old 11-15-2010, 05:27 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
oops..double post

Last edited by HappyTexan; 11-15-2010 at 05:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies