Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should gay TSA agents be allowed to give same-gender pat-downs?
Yes, they should be allowed 49 45.79%
No, they should not 55 51.40%
Not sure 3 2.80%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 10:21 AM

171 posts, read 317,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
If you have a way of keeping people from bringing dangerous items onto a plane that can’t be detected by sight or detectors, let’s hear it.
Son, a toenail clipper can be made dangerous. Why don't you explain why groping a 3 year old to the point of putting them into a screaming fit makes good sense for ferreting out terrorists. If anything it aids their cause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 10:26 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
These guys were the D- students or even dropouts (only need a GED as the OP stated). These guys shouldn't even be handling the bags let alone be in a position of authority over anyone. Remember hte expression "The world needs ditchdiggers too"? Well, these guys are the ditchdiggers of the information age.
Look at the bright side. You can absolve yourself of your white guilt by being ordered around by a minority member as they grope your white wife's breasts.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:41 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
These guys were the D- students or even dropouts (only need a GED as the OP stated). These guys shouldn't even be handling the bags let alone be in a position of authority over anyone. Remember hte expression "The world needs ditchdiggers too"? Well, these guys are the ditchdiggers of the information age.
As someone who scored 1170 on the SAT, when 1200 could get you into most any college, I'd say, "You're full of beans."
I could also mention the 600 hours of tech school, the field technician of XXX multiplexer certificates, and all the other certs I've gotten over the years. I used to work for the FAA. You ever seen those towers by the runway? They're full of tinkertoys and little plastic robots. I mean highly sensitive communications gear and systems. I've been in the guts of those. I've installed those.

I also once lost my job, and applied to be a TSA agent, sometime in 2002 or 2003.. I think it was 2003. It maxxed out at a whopping 36K a year.

About 50 people showed up. You empty your pockets but If I recall you get to keep your driver's license. You go through drills where an angry passenger gets in your face. You get checked out by a real nurse. You do a background investigation, very similar to getting a secret clearance from the military - something this "D STUDENT" has, by the way.

http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf86.pdf

That's what your D student who "can't handle English" has to fill out. Something very similiar - it has a different name.

By the end of the day, there were 5 people filling it out. 4 or 5, I can't recall. The other 46? They failed. They either failed the one where you pick up 50 lbs of rocks in a crate and run so many times around a table in a certain length of time - simulating baggage or they failed the credit check or the nurse check or the whatever check

I got there about 8 am, or 9.. I left when it was dark outside. Longest damn interview I ever had...that's for sure.

Oh, here's the kicker. You get placed in a "pool of candidates" and they will let you know something "within the year, perhaps, if there are any openings."

I figured what the hell, I'd do it, while I looked for something else. I found something else, but I did get contacted by them about 3 months later offering me a job.

They're not all morons. I think most of them hate it, too. I think bad people - like bad cops, or bad judges, or bad teachers are in very organization.

By the way, they were despised back then, too. I had a wife and a kid. It's a job. Someone's gotta do it. And my wife and kid would have food on the table. WTF kind of man would I be to not get a job? So what if you hate me.... my kid's not hungry.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:44 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Stop the press!!!!! A 3-yr old had a tantrum over something? Get OUT!

You could knock me over with a feather right now....

Old 11-17-2010, 10:45 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Look at the bright side. You can absolve yourself of your white guilt by being ordered around by a minority member as they grope your white wife's breasts.
Now, that right there, is very inciteful.

I applaud your incite.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:48 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireflychik View Post
Yeah, because those who only fly sometimes shouldn't have an opinion.
I didn't see where he said that anywhere.

I also find that frequent air travelers, who are more familiar with the screening process, are better prepared to pass through the security checkpoints. Thus they get through faster and with less hassle. Which I'm sure could contribute to less animosity towards the TSA agents/processes?

This is just my anecdotal observations as a weekly flier, though. No data to back it up...

Old 11-17-2010, 10:57 AM

292 posts, read 671,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I didn't see where he said that anywhere.

I also find that frequent air travelers, who are more familiar with the screening process, are better prepared to pass through the security checkpoints. Thus they get through faster and with less hassle. Which I'm sure could contribute to less animosity towards the TSA agents/processes?

This is just my anecdotal observations as a weekly flier, though. No data to back it up...
It was pretty strongly implied. I don't care if you are a weekly flier or not, I view your opinion the same as I would view some one who only flew once or twice a year.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:01 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,304,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
Unfortunately racial profiling is not occuring at airports which is why the TSA is goosing little old ladies while young middle eastern males walk through security with no extra scutiny.
You are correct. I do want to point out one thing. When people here "profiling" they immediately thing "RACIAL profiling", probably because the liberal media has taught everyone to be supersensitive to race in this country. Profiling has nothing to do with race. When the FBI profiles to try and catch a serial killer it is not racial, although race may be one factor they look at if past data has shown that the person they are looking for is likely to fit one particular race. I also want ot point out that "Muslim" is NOT a race. "Arab" is a race but most Muslims are not Arabs (although most Arabs are Muslim). We need to be profiling Muslims (again, NOT a race) and we need to train security agents to look for suspicious behavior and to be able to ask questions that make it easier to catch terrorists. Police do this all the time when they stop and question suspects that they believe may be lieing to them. If its allowed to catch guys carrying $25 of pot it sould be allowed to stop terrorists as well.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:02 AM

15,072 posts, read 8,629,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
ambient..we are one step BEHIND them. We react to events and then put something into place.
We are chasing them..not warding them off.
Actually, this person is simply providing the exact response that has been programmed into the minds of the public ... and it's a total fairytale. This nonsensical flimflam is all too obvious for anyone that employs an ounce of common sense, and actually looks at the issue with a rational mind.

That behind every bush, in darkened warehouses, and underground facilities, evil-doers are plotting their next attack, carefully searching for that momentary lapse in security is LAUGHABLE. It's a script for a BAD B Movie. This is not reality folks! This is theatre on a grand scale.

And before I go further on this, let me POINT OUT that these "naked body scanners" had already been procured by Homeland Security, and were sitting in warehouses waiting for deployment PRIOR to the "Fruit of the Boom" bomber event. It was this VERY CONVENIENT event that provided the justification for the deployment of these dastardly, highly objectionable, unsafe and useless devices. And the former head of Homeland Security, Michael Chertoff financially benefitted from the sale of these machines, and continues to profit from them.

But let's go back and take a cursory look at the beginning stages of these "Security" measures, and chart the fraud. After 911, and the alleged 19 Arab Hijackers .... Airport Security began frisking little old ladies and taking their knitting needles away from them, as if these grannies were sleeper cell agents for Al Qaeda. Of course, most people can easily recognize the absurdity in this, but it was explained as being necessary to avoid the undesirable act of "Profiling", and not offending a racial group (we'd rather die than offend someone, apparently).

But stop and ask yourself ... if a bank robbery were to occur, and the report comes over the Police Radios identifying the suspect as a 6' 3' man weighing 250 lbs, with black hair who sped off from the scene in a late model pickup truck, would it be rationally acceptable for the Police to immediately start pulling over cars, and interrogating everyone, including slightly built, blond haired blue eyed women? COME ON .... if such a fraud can be passed to the public ... just how stupid are we really? This isn't about "political correctness", these airport security measures are about training the American people to be freaking sniveling slaves, bowing to authorities, and willingly submitting to be treated like "property. Your "owners" now want you to understand who OWNES you. They want to scan you, track you, issue you biometric IDs, and stick their hands down your pants ANYTIME they want to. It's no longer just acceptable to lift your wallet, now they are going for your balls ... unfortunately, in too many instances, I'm afraid they'll come up just as empty as they having finding terrorists, because the American public no longer have any BALLS for them to fondle.

This criminal government isn't afraid of Arab terrorists ... they are afraid of the public ... YOU and ME. That's why they are creating this police state apparatus, and training you to comply with any command, no matter how ridiculous it seems. Now, they tell you that they must molest you for your own safety .... squeeze women's breasts ... grope men's testicles ... in order to defend you from the boogie man hiding in the bushes. What's next? Cavity searches? Are you sheep up for submitting yourselves to rectal exams prior to boarding you flights?

Twenty years ago, if you told someone this would be occurring in 2010, they'd have laughed at you and called you a conspiracy nut. Now, we simply accept this BLATANT ATTACK on our privacy and dignity as being necessary to ensure safety.

Absurdity doesn't even begin to define the government's actions, or the general public's response.

Welcome to America ... Land of the deceived, and home of the slave.

Personally, as disgusted as I am by the actions of "the authorities", I'm even more disgusted by the public's response. What a bunch of sniveling cowards ... standing there in silence, allowing TSA goons to fondle your wive's breasts, and grope your children, just to go on vacation, and then explaining to the rest of us, why it is necessary to do so.

For all you women out there who's husbands stand and watch this in silence, first, tell these TSA thugs to keep their stinking hands off of you ... and then go find yourself an attorney that specializes in divorce. Maybe it's up to the women in this country to do want the men seem unwilling to do ... just take a stand, and say enough is enough, and that's as far as you go!

If you women wait for these feminized frauds posing as men to take a stand, I'm afraid you'll be waiting a long time. Men ... your primary duty in life is not standing in front of a mirror making sure your hair looks just right, your job is to protect and defend your family first, and by so doing, you'll also be protecting your own way of life, and the freedom and liberty this country was founded for. Stop being such *******.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:03 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Racial profiling is not occurring at airports, not in the US.

Oh, b.s. I get profiled every single time I try to fly somewhere. It's getting old and it makes no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies