Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should gay TSA agents be allowed to give same-gender pat-downs?
Yes, they should be allowed 49 45.79%
No, they should not 55 51.40%
Not sure 3 2.80%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 01:17 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,957,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
If millions of people refuse it won't work? Check your pulse.
It may force a change of procedures down the road but on 11/24 they won't just suddenly relax the regulations. Plus you'll have angry pissed-off passengers behind you telling you to stop being a jerk and get the line moving so they don't miss their plane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 01:19 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,957,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Better to be late or even miss turkey for one Thanksgiving to protect all of the future ones... than to let the government get away with this. Come on. Which is more important? Priorites people! Priorites! Your Constitutional rights and those of the American people are more important than another meal with your family.
Are you flying on 11/24? If not then buy a cheap short hop ticket and fly just to make the point. Which is more important? Making a point or missing Thanksgiving?

Old 11-18-2010, 01:28 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,455,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
It doesn't matter what would happen if a million people refused, since that isn't likely.

1. You greatly overestimate how many people really care about scanners.

2. From that subset you also overestimate how many care enough to walk the walk.
I agree that most don't care enough but I wanted to point it out just in case a sheep or two in the forum might wake up and have a Eureka moment and start to care enough to walk the walk. I know I wouldn't submit to those body scanners in a million years.

I already have been patted down when they were doing "random" searches pat downs before they put the body scanners in the airports and that was bad enough! I probably would make it near impossible for them to grope me by buying and wearing several layers of adult diapers and maybe tell the TSA offials the diapers were full.

Remember: Opt out day is 11/24. Everyone opt out of airport naked body scanning

Old 11-18-2010, 01:30 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post

Not allowing people to carry liquids onboard because they might be an explosive is not ludicrous. First off, you are allowed to carry liquids on board, just small amounts.
What is to stop four people combining their allotted amount of liquid into a bomb?

What is to stop someone having the explosive internally?

Old 11-18-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Again, I won't be heartbroken if this particular screen goes away. I just don't feel it is unreasonable or unconstitutional.
What IS unreasonable or Unconstitutional in your opinion?

Old 11-18-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
It won't work. You'll just miss turkey and be stuck 1000's of miles away from you family.
Just wear the Star on your clothes,stop making waves....

Old 11-18-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
It may force a change of procedures down the road but on 11/24 they won't just suddenly relax the regulations. Plus you'll have angry pissed-off passengers behind you telling you to stop being a jerk and get the line moving so they don't miss their plane.

If everyone does it they won't be angry.

Remember: Opt out day is 11/24...of the naked body scanning at airports

Old 11-18-2010, 01:39 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
What IS unreasonable or Unconstitutional in your opinion?
Not this.

Really, with the Patriot Act still in full effect THIS is what America has chosen to be upset about? Really?

Old 11-18-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Wow, this post is idiotic on so many levels I don't know where I would even start. So, I won't.

I will say one thing, if you called me a traitor to my face, you'd be picking yourself up off the floor. I served in our armed forces and THE LAST thing I am is a traitor to this great nation.

With that, I'm done with you.
I believe Benedict Arnold was a Great American General prior to his treasonous acts.

There were a lot of 'good Germans' too,just following orders.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Related article Congressman Poe from Texas brings up that Michael Chertoff former Homeland Security Chief had been pushing for the body scanners since 2005 and it just so happens that the company that landed the government contract was one of Chertoff's clients in his consulting company. Group slams Chertoff on scanner promotion - The Boston Globe

Another reason to opt out...it is just another corrupt back room deal between a govt official and a big corporation.
More on Chertoff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRJRR6dIhbs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies