Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should gay TSA agents be allowed to give same-gender pat-downs?
Yes, they should be allowed 49 45.79%
No, they should not 55 51.40%
Not sure 3 2.80%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 06:08 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,395,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
You are wrong. They now use the palms of their hands to grab, lift, and shift your genitals or breast to probe those areas at their leisure.
National Opt-Out Day

Watch the videos in the above link.
I'm only passing on information that I got from a TSA officer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 06:11 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,395,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
LOL, you don't happen to work for the TSA do you? If only a small percentage of passengers chose to opt out, it would bring the air transportation system to a grinding halt. Only some type of organized resistance is going to get rid of the useless security theater that we have been subjected to.
LOL, no I don't work for TSA. I guess everyone has choices.

Old 11-12-2010, 06:29 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,321,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
If the TSA goes along with this and grants Muslims exceptions based on religious grounds, then what's the whole point of the body scanners in the first place if they first deployed these body scanners in response to the underwear bomber (which according to some people, was a hoax)
Think about it..we have built an entire industry on anti terrorism.
To continue and build upon it requires fear.

Old 11-12-2010, 06:30 PM

Well couldn't Christians and Jews both claim it's against their religion too ?
I'm sure somewhere in the Bible is a phrase regarding respect and not groping and grabbing complete strangers.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:25 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,207,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Thank you for posting this. My hat is off to Mr. Roberts and wish him every success in his battle. There are way too few Americans like him.

I haven't flown since 911 and absolutely will not again until/unless we as a nation wake from this slumber of surrender to mindless political correctness. It is incredible that anyone would tolerate this and the fact that many just continue to do what they're told without question speaks to the progress that has been made in dumbing down and breaking the will of a once free and proud people.
People who have not flown or choose not to now need to write the airlines and tell them why. Personal letters only, no mass produced ones. Hand written is best. Companies read snailmail and it counts as multiples of phone calls and emails.

The airlines have a huge economic interest and if they see dollars dissapearing they might be motivated to act.

I have been taking the train and this spring/summer when I go to see the family will get my tickets early as I anticipate the train will be filled up early.

If the person involved is under 18, especially a child, it *legally* is molestation. I feel for a friend in the middle of an adoption since she and her husband and the two kids will be subject to this. Not a nice way to begin life together.

I hope others do walk away and do not leave this pilot the only man standing. This has been a runaway train and its time it be derailed. Its like the nice gates at gated communities. Feel as safe as you want but you think the ones out to rob you are going to smile at the rent a cop as the enter or find a different way in.

Old 11-13-2010, 02:03 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,423,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well then, how about some common sense when it comes to screening passengers? Granny and her grandkids should not be harassed, intimidated and groped by TSA workers.

But there is a profile on file of the people who are intent on bringing planes down and attacking this country.

Unfortunately, the Left has made sure we can't identify those people through their PC BS.
sanrene, I hate to break it to you, but when Islamic terrorists will try to conduct their next bombing on a plane, they're not going to try to sneak on wearing a turban and looking like Bin Laden. They're not that stupid. They're not going to keep looking just like the guys who pulled off 9-11. You can't have a reliable security system that is based on some Joe Rent-A-Cop taking a guess as to which dude is a terrorist based on some stereotype in his head. You need to have a system that can thoroughly screen everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Hey..if you think Joe Rent-A-Cop groping your genitals will save this country then "May the Force be with you" is all I can say.
They shouldn't have to grope much if you stop being a prima donna and just go through the full body scan. It's not going to hurt you, and no one is going to get all tingly looking at your x ray.

You think that we should just regress in our security back to pre 9-11 days of jogging everyone through a low-tech metal detector? Please. That's not a serious approach to the threat we face.

Old 11-13-2010, 03:22 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,070,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I think those who are considering changing jobs or not flying should be writing hotel chains, travel agents, theme parks and airlines snail mail letters (businesses ALWAYS read snail mail letters) explaining personally that they may not take that vacation or will take a shorter one because they do not plan to fly. Make it a handwritten or at least personal letter to a person. Let them see the stack of letter pile up and this will be even more impressive than the phone calls or emails.

An 8 year old will NOT understand that its not okay for anyone to touch them but if its a tsa agent its okay. If they do then mom and dad didn't get through. This is utterly uncalled for.

We are becoming sheeple who will go baaaa for the call of Danger Will Robinson and yet I think they may have discovered some things may go too far. Or at least I hope.

All I know is that I will be getting my train ticket WAY early for the spring trip I plan since I assume the train will be full. No way would I submit to either.

And I like that someone else says that at this point maybe the terrorists won. Because they have and if we let this slip by they have solidified their victory even more.
I work for a major hotel chain, and I completely fail to see how customers complaining to us about the airlines, saying they won't fly anymore, will change anything. Do you really think hotels or any of those other businesses have any power or control over the airline industry?

People will continue to fly, regardless of any "safety" regulations that are instituted, and the airlines will continue to make their money. And so it'll go.

Old 11-13-2010, 03:27 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,906,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Those freedoms you enjoy in this "pitiful country" are being taken away by Muslim extremists (or at least they're trying). To keep our airways safe, I have no problem submitting my own self to a full body scanner or a pat-down if everyone else has to do it, too, i.e., the would-be terrorists. This should not be a problem unless you're hiding something. While I do have a big problem with the gov't infringing upon personal rights and intruding into our lives, this is one thing I am willing to sacrifice for the sake of keeping Americans safe.

If you don't like living in a "pitiful country," you're free to leave.
Thanks for being part of the problem and for willingly submitting to gov't tyranny. The old 'I've got nothing to hide' spiel. We are like frogs in the water, and the temp is ramping up. I, for one, am not willing to accept such intrusions in the name of security. This is just another step toward a police state. Honestly, I think the TSA is a testbed for just how much gov't intrusion the public will submit to in the name of security and protection. We are being desensitized to it, being told it is the new norm; anything in the name of security, right?

As long as policies such as the ones the TSA is currently implementing get passed onto a public that accepts it, even if reluctantly, the terrorists have won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Yes, and you should want the government to do every last damn thing it can to keep items and people with intent to harm us off of our planes and out of our country - and preferably to kill them wherever they are. Those same guys who failed in this bombing attempt will learn from their failures and they will try again. And these people have resources and connections; maybe soon it might be a nuclear device they're working with instead of an explosive-laden toner cartridge. Why are you in favor of increasing the weaknesses and gaps in our defenses that they will try to exploit?

I completely disagree. Living in a free land, a land of liberty means accepting a certain degree of insecurity and threat. A completely safe life is a life devoid of liberty.

Rest assured, no matter what knee-jerk reactions are implemented in the name of security, we will be hit again. And then the noose will tighten on our liberties once more. And it will serve to punish only the honest in reality, for the people who don't follow our laws in the first place will stop at nothing to hit us. Should we stop at nothing to assure our liberty before we change our once great nation to a police state in the name of security?

Old 11-13-2010, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post

You think that we should just regress in our security back to pre 9-11 days of jogging everyone through a low-tech metal detector? Please. That's not a serious approach to the threat we face.

The terrorists will get through. Remember heightened security measures happen AFTER an attempt..not before.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:25 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,964,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
I work for a major hotel chain, and I completely fail to see how customers complaining to us about the airlines, saying they won't fly anymore, will change anything. Do you really think hotels or any of those other businesses have any power or control over the airline industry?

People will continue to fly, regardless of any "safety" regulations that are instituted, and the airlines will continue to make their money. And so it'll go.

That may be the case in today's modern society, but they definitely don't have to fly as much as they used to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies