Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should gay TSA agents be allowed to give same-gender pat-downs?
Yes, they should be allowed 49 45.79%
No, they should not 55 51.40%
Not sure 3 2.80%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 01:44 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB49OBDuiOY

Either let the TSA do its job or deal with what you see here....

It's pretty simple! 19 Muslim maniacs changed the whole world. Blame them.....blame Islamic jihadists.......they are the reason for this even having to happen.
More like 19 or more American maniacs changed the whole world.

Let's give credit where credit is due.

USA! USA! USA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 01:46 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
More like 19 or more American maniacs changed the whole world.

Let's give credit where credit is due.

USA! USA! USA!

What the heck is that suppose to mean????

Old 11-20-2010, 01:48 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
I'm not gonna "Monday morning" Quarterback on what that generation felt they need to do to win that war! Nothing like that had ever happen on our own soil before. Communications to other countries was not what it is today. They were fighting blind! America had been sucker punched by fanatical foe on its own land! It wasn't the Germans who hit us, It was the Japanese. If it had been the Germans who hit us in such a "personal" way, maybe even German-Americans would have been put in camps. Who knows! And who knows if (as harsh as it may have been) it didn't clamp down on espionage?? Maybe the war in the Pacific would have gone on longer.
The point is..we did it and it was wrong. Group think and truth by consensus allowed the US Government to round up US citizens and put them in a camp. GUILTY by consensus.

We also got suckered in again in the 50's when everyone was a suspected Communist.

Convincing a people using FEAR tactics is not limited to any generation.

Old 11-20-2010, 01:48 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
I can't wait for Mel Brooks to make a movie on this topic. He can have pilots holding a gun to their own head

He can have old blue hairs getting a 'thrill'

He can have a plane full of sheep bleating, 'this is god for us'

Mongo can beat the tar out of some TSA shumk, and his boss.

The last scene can be the plane heading west and blowing to bits in the sun set, because TSA screwed up.

Old 11-20-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
What the heck is that suppose to mean????
Rove, Perle, Donnie Dumbfk, D*ck, Bush, Condi, etc.

Old 11-20-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The point is..we did it and it was wrong. Group think and truth by consensus allowed the US Government to round up US citizens and put them in a camp. GUILTY by consensus.

We also got suckered in again in the 50's when everyone was a suspected Communist.

Was it harsh?? YES! Was it wrong?? Maybe! We don't know if it played a factor in our winning the war or not! I know it's not comfortable to say it. I know it's not PC to say it. But they did what hey had to do!! We have the LUXURY of looking back and having not lived it! Do I feel for the innocent that got caught up in it? Yes. But war always gets the innocent in its crosshairs.

Old 11-20-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Rove, Perle, Donnie Dumbfk, D*ck, Bush, Condi, etc.
I thought you had something to contribute to this conversation......

moving on.

Old 11-20-2010, 02:14 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Was it harsh?? YES! Was it wrong?? Maybe! We don't know if it played a factor in our winning the war or not! I know it's not comfortable to say it. I know it's not PC to say it. But they did what hey had to do!! We have the LUXURY of looking back and having not lived it! Do I feel for the innocent that got caught up in it? Yes. But war always gets the innocent in its crosshairs.
There is no line the government can draw that you will not cross in the name of "for your safety" ?

Old 11-20-2010, 02:14 PM

37,127 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Either let the TSA do its job or deal with what you see here....

It's pretty simple! 19 Muslim maniacs changed the whole world. Blame them.....blame Islamic jihadists.......they are the reason for this even having to happen.
Believe it or not that video barely moves me. I'm numb to it. I don't care. Seriously.

We don't need what the TSA is doing, we never did and never will.

If someone blows me up on a plane or on the ground (which is easier to do btw) I'm dead. If I get killed by a drunk driver I'm dead. If something heavy falls on me and crushes my skull, I'm dead. But while I'm alive I don't want to deal with all this crap that has less chance of happening than being struck by lightning thank you very much.

Old 11-20-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

It's getting more difficult to buy a car.

Buying a Car a Little Harder Now - News, Sports, Jobs - The Intelligencer / Wheeling News-Register
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies