Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2010, 09:52 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times

Advertisements

I am beginning to believe all this mess with the TSA that has taken over the media and even this board is a planned distraction of some sort.

Why are we not talking about JOBS, yes J O B S.

With the second recession in the last 4 years and the worse economy in our life times right now happening before our eyes we are talking about the TSA all day and all night.

Something is wrong here. Everyone is talking about the TSA and not about the economy, jobs, our securing of the Mexican border or anything of importance.

The Obama admin has been known to use distraction techniques to divert important issues but this has gone way out of line.

Lets get back on why we have not created any new jobs as promised, why are we talking about handing the American people the largest tax increase in our nations history, how about the wasteful spending that is going on.

We need to focus on the failures of this admin and this congress to get anything done in the last 4 years instead of this TSA issue.

Plain and simple, I want to be safe on a plane so scan me all you want. Lets go on and talk about REAL issues such as jobs and this horrific economy and of course the war going on at our Mexican border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 10:07 AM

202 posts, read 187,289 times
Two completely separate issues...the economy is reason Dems lost House seats...the TSA issue concerns questionable practices by TSA...

Bye bye Obama...and Janet 'what's her name'...

Old 11-19-2010, 10:08 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I am beginning to believe all this mess with the TSA that has taken over the media and even this board is a planned distraction of some sort.

Why are we not talking about JOBS, yes J O B S.

With the second recession in the last 4 years and the worse economy in our life times right now happening before our eyes we are talking about the TSA all day and all night.

Something is wrong here. Everyone is talking about the TSA and not about the economy, jobs, our securing of the Mexican border or anything of importance.

The Obama admin has been known to use distraction techniques to divert important issues but this has gone way out of line.

Lets get back on why we have not created any new jobs as promised, why are we talking about handing the American people the largest tax increase in our nations history, how about the wasteful spending that is going on.

We need to focus on the failures of this admin and this congress to get anything done in the last 4 years instead of this TSA issue.

Plain and simple, I want to be safe on a plane so scan me all you want. Lets go on and talk about REAL issues such as jobs and this horrific economy and of course the war going on at our Mexican border.
If there is a planned distraction, it's not coming from the Obama administration. Where do you think all the TSA outrage is coming from? I was flipping channels last night and all I saw were complaints from the right. Glenn back implied that there is some molestation going on and said that he doesn't want anyone fondling his five year old son, touching his teenager daughters breasts or taking nude pictures of his wife. I have traveled a few times in the last year, with and without children, none of this happened to me. Either way, this distraction is definitely not coming from the left.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
If there is a planned distraction, it's not coming from the Obama administration. Where do you think all the TSA outrage is coming from? I was flipping channels last night and all I saw were complaints from the right. Glenn back implied that there is some molestation going on and said that he doesn't want anyone fondling his five year old son, touching his teenager daughters breasts or taking nude pictures of his wife. I have traveled a few times in the last year, with and without children, none of this happened to me. Either way, this distraction is definitely not coming from the left.

In case you have not noticed the entire media is covering this morning to night.

Even Obamas own channel, MBSNC is covering it to pieces.

Why all of a sudden are we putting in these new scanners and stepping up using them when our Mexican border is wide open and having tons of problems.

I am all for safe flying and safety at our airports but something is just not right about all this.

All of a sudden we are touching little kids etc?

I am thinking they knew this was going to be an outrage by the people and this order had to come down from someone. Who?

Old 11-19-2010, 10:29 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,107,072 times
Sunny, I 100% agree with you. I think Obama is sneakier than people think. We need to get back on track, and that applies to both sides. I don't have a problem with the scanner and would much rather take that than get a pat-down, although if I want to fly (which isn't that often), I'll comply with either.

It's almost a diversionary tactic to try to get people to not pay attention to Congress or perhaps minimize the fact that the libs got pwned in this last election.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:38 AM

888 posts, read 1,186,383 times
Yeah, this is all a LIBERAL conspiracy!!!!

Jeez.....how many brain cells do you have to loose, to actually start believing this crap???

Steve

Old 11-19-2010, 10:44 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,512,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhound View Post
Yeah, this is all a LIBERAL conspiracy!!!!

Jeez.....how many brain cells do you have to loose, to actually start believing this crap???

Steve

The only conspiracy is the confederacy of dunces more concerned about having to endure a 10-second pat down before boarding a plane and whining about "dudes touching their junk," than real news issues.

Yeah right, like people have never been patted down before entering a concert or sporting event? Americans just love to get whipped up about the latest controversy of the month-- did people not have enough time to focus only on Bristol Palin on Dancing with the Stars...

Old 11-19-2010, 11:52 AM

Liberals are very good at distracting you from the real issues at hand.

We were promised transparency and got shafted.

Now with Obama at the helm more then ever we are getting scam, lied to and diverted to make sure the PEOPLE do not pay attention to what is really going on.

Obama and people like Pelosi have been caught diverted key issues away from the American public.

I believe this is a total diversion so we do not keep any eye on the ball.

Then we have another left wing nut coming out saying that Obama should use executive order to get his agenda into place. How soon we forget loons cried and whined when Bush made any decision without going to congress first.

Never trust a liberal, they are all about tactics to get what they want, take what they want and keep you from knowing it.

2 recessions on the dems watch, multi billions spent on nothing, our Mexican border is a war zone and people are losing their homes in record numbers. The list goes on and on and it is all the liberals fault.

How nice of them to come up with a planned diversion at the perfect time.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Sunny, I 100% agree with you. I think Obama is sneakier than people think. We need to get back on track, and that applies to both sides. I don't have a problem with the scanner and would much rather take that than get a pat-down, although if I want to fly (which isn't that often), I'll comply with either.

It's almost a diversionary tactic to try to get people to not pay attention to Congress or perhaps minimize the fact that the libs got pwned in this last election.
Loon do not believe they lost, they still think they won something.

Sshh, do not let them know that liberalism in America is dying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies