Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 05:22 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Why do you hate Texas so much ?
You don't live there and no one is forcing you to move..are they ?
Texas doesn't take any money from California and we haven't enacted an AZ type law against illegals.

What irks you so much about Texas ?
You highlighted my post. So what about it shows that I hate Texas?

The part where I showed the election results from 2004 and 2008?

Or the part where I ridiculed a poster for alluding to Texas hispanic voters as "illegal aliens".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 05:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
You highlighted my post. So what about it shows that I hate Texas?

The part where I showed the election results from 2004 and 2008?

Or the part where I ridiculed a poster for alluding to Texas hispanic voters as "illegal aliens".
Neither. Your posts in general show that you have no love lost for Texas.
I just wondered what it is about Texas that irks you so much.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Ah..future projections from that 2006 article. I guess you believe all modeling and predictions as "facts".

From your link..dated 2006 here are the facts:
"In 2006, 48.3 percent of Texans were White; 35.7 percent were Hispanic; 11.4 percent were Black; and 4.6 percent fell into the “other” category, which includes persons of American Indian, Asian and Hawaiian descent, among others."

Here's something a bit more current for you to read..2010
BurkaBlog: Richard Murray: D’s will win House majority before 2020
Standard response with right wingers run across objective data that doesn't jive with their ideology.

" You and your fancy liberal modeling and predictions....pssshaw!"

Yes the liberal "demographers" are conspiring to build graphs that exaggerate the growth of hispanics in Texas as part of their secret plan to ship you off to a FEMA camp.....LOL

Old 11-19-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Neither. Your posts in general show that you have no love lost for Texas.
I just wondered what it is about Texas that irks you so much.
I'd need to see an example of what you are referring to. I live in Texas and don't care for right wing propaganda along with lazy, willfully ignorant right wing ideology.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:30 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Wake up call. California has been carrying the rest of the country on it's back. Their budget would be cleaned up nicely if the pork projects for red states came back to them on a dollar for dollar basis. That and BS like Enron Texas being permitted to financially rape the state with a big ole Texas thumbs up. Really, you should all be ashamed of yourselves calling yourself 'real' Americans screwing your brother over like a dog lapping up it's own vomit. You wouldn't know your own constitution if it bit you in the arse.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I'd need to see an example of what you are referring to. I live in Texas and don't care for right wing propaganda along with lazy, willfully ignorant right wing ideology.
Wow..are you in the wrong state with your political leanings.
I didn't know you are from Texas. I would have guessed California or Mass. one of the more liberal leaning states.

Well that does clear it up for me.

Ok..go back to your 90% Hispanic influx. I guess you can get them registered Dems by 2012 and change the color of Texas.
Good luck to ya.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Wow..are you in the wrong state with your political leanings.
I didn't know you are from Texas. I would have guessed California or Mass. one of the more liberal leaning states.

Well that does clear it up for me.

Ok..go back to your 90% Hispanic influx. I guess you can get them registered Dems by 2012 and change the color of Texas.
Good luck to ya.
I'm not running for office. I live here along with Millions of other "liberals".

It's you that seems to have the problem with the 90% hispanic growth figure. It's unbelievable to you. I'd a guessed you would have preferred Idaho?

Old 11-19-2010, 05:43 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,389,847 times
What's happening in California is certainly not limited to the Golden State. All one has to do is take a look at nearby Nevada to see how the Latino vote kept Reid in office. Washington, Hawaii, Oregon are also reliably Democratic and Republicans in Arizona are on notice that they are next. Texans know that what is happening in the West is also affecting their state and Karl Rove along with George Bush warned the Republican party a decade ago that this would happen; they were right. Republicans in their stupidity are alienating the fastest growing ethnic group in America. But it is not just Latinos who abhor Republicans and the GOP is also nervous about the 30 and under age group who reject the bigotry and ignorance that Republicans represent. The 2010 election may have been a slam to Democrats outside of California but it was not because Americans like Republicans.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
What's happening in California is certainly not limited to the Golden State. All one has to do is take a look at nearby Nevada to see how the Latino vote kept Reid in office. Washington, Hawaii, Oregon are also reliably Democratic and Republicans in Arizona are on notice that they are next. Texans know that what is happening in the West is also affecting their state and Karl Rove along with George Bush warned the Republican party a decade ago that this would happen; they were right. Republicans in their stupidity are alienating the fastest growing ethnic group in America. But it is not just Latinos who abhor Republicans and the GOP is also nervous about the 30 and under age group who reject the bigotry and ignorance that Republicans represent. The 2010 election may have been a slam to Democrats outside of California but it was not because Americans like Republicans.
That is why nothing is being done about the southern border.
There are many that see why the southern borders remain open and it's for more than easy labor.

Once they get the numbers then amnesty will fly. They won't pass amnesty until they know that the Hispanic vote can carry them.

We're not there yet and I suspect that is why Obama has put it off for 2 years. I don't know about 2012 though..they might be able to pull it off.

The gov cannot let the AZ law spread to other states.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
They know what they are doing. They use their rhetoric to divide Americans along racial and cultural divides. Badmouthing minorities serves it's purpose. It motivates their white voters to oppose the "enemy". Keep them busy with that while they go about taking away middle class benefits, lessing protections for workers, and reaping Billions in profits. If they stopped the minority bashing they would lose the motivation of much of their base. They will keep it up along as they have the numbers to make it work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies