Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 02:56 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times

Advertisements

If we truly are a Christian Nation, as I think we are, why have our politics become so vile and nasty? We have big problems here in the USA and when it comes to political discourse, we are not following Christ's words. I include myself into my observations. Why is this the case and how do we fix it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2010, 02:59 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
I fixed it by not claiming myself to be a Christian just because i was baptised as one. If that criteria was applied to most who claim to be Christians, this nation wouldn't have many "Christians," trust me.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:00 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
If we truly are a Christian Nation, as I think we are, why have our politics become so vile and nasty? We have big problems here in the USA and when it comes to political discourse, we are not following Christ's words. I include myself into my observations. Why is this the case and how do we fix it?
Go to church more often.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:00 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Jesus speaks repeatedly about his distaste for politics and government.

There is nothing Christian about politics or government. Therefore, we should not expect government officials, particulary politicians, to act in a Christian manner.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:04 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Jesus speaks repeatedly about his distaste for politics and government.

There is nothing Christian about politics or government. Therefore, we should not expect government officials, particulary politicians, to act in a Christian manner.
Yea..i agree. But why are they always trying to out-Christian each other? Apparently the voters love the facade even if they think it's a joke.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:18 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
why are they always trying to out-Christian each other?
Because they are really wolves in sheep's clothing

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves"
— Matthew 7:15

"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."
—2nd Corinthians 11:13-15

Old 11-14-2010, 03:52 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,484 times
Quote:
First, explain what it is that makes you think this is a "Christian nation". Have you ever heard of a Christian nation that allowed it's citizens to worship other gods? Or did you not understand that is what the 1st amendment allows for? By the words of the first line of the 1st amendment
Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;
The government cannot establish Christianity or any other religion as a 'national religion.' Nor can they prohibit any citizen from worshiping whatever god, gods or goddess they wish.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:55 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Here we go again...

The USA is not a Christioan nation. Are there plenty of Christians in government that are corrupt, hypocritical and not practicing what they claim the teachings of Christ were?...absolutely!

How to fix it? Stop electing and reelecting the politicians that have shown themselves to be corrupt and that are in bed with lobbyists.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:56 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Maybe if the people who go to church, but feel no love beyond their own selfish hearts, were to become real Christians things would change.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:38 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,994,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Because they are really wolves in sheep's clothing

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves"
— Matthew 7:15

"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."
—2nd Corinthians 11:13-15
This is exactly right. Christians who vote for these bozos need to be a lot more discerning. Just because Candidate A gets up in front of the cameras holding a Bible while he struts out of a church saying "God Bless America", does not mean he's a real Christian.
Oftentimes, these vote-hungry candidates will put on the Christian act in areas of the country that are predominantly Christian and then will turn around and give an entirely different message in New York or San Francisco.
I would say to many Christians out there, "Stop being dupes and getting seduced by smooth words. Scrutinize the candidates a lot more!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies