Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 02:21 AM

19,020 posts, read 14,193,756 times

Advertisements

Once the smoke clears away, you may start to realize how much heifer dung you were fed over the years.

I want to show one last reference from the founding generation, that is in perfect alignment with the concept of the sovereignty of the American people.

1776 Virginia Constitution.
SEC. 6. That elections of members to serve as representatives of the people, in assembly, ought to be free; and that all men, having sufficient evidence of permanent common interest with, and attachment to, the community, have the right of suffrage, and cannot be taxed or deprived of their property for public uses, without their own consent, or that of their representatives* so elected, nor bound by any law to which they have not, in like manner, assembled, for the public good.
All men ... cannot be taxed without their own consent.
All men ... cannot be deprived of their property for public uses
without their own consent.
All men ... cannot be bound by any law that is not for the public good.

*(Since only property owners who had paid taxes could vote, only they had consented to be governed. The rest still had their inalienable rights intact.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 02:21 AM

624 posts, read 1,121,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
It's a common mistake to assume "republic" = "republican form".
REPUBLIC - A commonwealth; That form of government in which the administration of affairs is open to all the citizens. In another sense, it signifies the state, independent of its form of government.
Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Edition, P. 1302
A republic is not synonymous with a republican form of government.
The People's Republic of China is a republic but not a republican form.
GOVERNMENT (Republican Form of Government)- One in which the powers of sovereignty are vested in the people and are exercised by the people, either directly, or through representatives chosen by the people, to whom those powers are specially delegated.
- - - Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Edition, P. 695

DEMOCRACY - That form of government in which the sovereign power resides in and is exercised by the whole body of free citizens directly or indirectly through a system of representation, as distinguished from monarchy, aristocracy, or oligarchy."
- - - Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Edition, P. 432
In the republican form, the people (individually) are the sovereigns and directly exercise that sovereignty.
In the democratic form, the citizens (collectively) are the sovereigns, and indirectly exercise that sovereignty via elected representation.

All Americans have the potential to be sovereigns, at age of majority. But they also can surrender that in exchange for participation in the democracy, as a citizen. Or they can be tricked into asserting that they were U.S. citizens / subjects from birth.
China is a People's Republic: is meant to be governed for and by the people, but with indirect elections. In reality China is not really a republic but I don't expect the Americans to understand communism because none of them can.

US is a Democratic Republic. While most of the countries in Europe have parliamentary democracies, US has a representative democracy.

Old 11-20-2010, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkDrinker View Post
China is a People's Republic: is meant to be governed for and by the people, but with indirect elections. In reality China is not really a republic but I don't expect the Americans to understand communism because none of them can.
Did you read the legal definition?
In another sense, it signifies the state, independent of its form of government.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkDrinker View Post
US is a Democratic Republic. While most of the countries in Europe have parliamentary democracies, US has a representative democracy.
Not according to the law.
Read the law.
Please.

Old 11-20-2010, 02:31 AM

465 posts, read 463,627 times
Quote:
Once the smoke clears away, you may start to realize how much heifer dung you were fed over the years.
Oh i've already realized that on many levels.

But just when you think you've seen it all. More dung is hidden in the dark corners.

It truely take an epic amount of reading a studying to uncover and unravel all the disinformation and BS in politics. And it seems like there is always more to learn.

Old 11-20-2010, 02:35 AM

624 posts, read 1,121,217 times
Quote:
Did you read the legal definition?
In another sense, it signifies the state, independent of its form of government.
Did you lived in any communist country? I did! Move to North Korea! Please!

Old 11-20-2010, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRefugee View Post
It truely take an epic amount of reading a studying to uncover and unravel all the disinformation and BS in politics. And it seems like there is always more to learn.
No one researcher can do it all. Most researchers rely on the past work of other researchers, and owe a debt to them - even when they made errors.

What scares me the most, is that millions of Americans have no clue what is in the public record, in any county courthouse law library.

That's why I constantly urge people to go READ THE LAW for themselves.

The legal profession is expert at twisting words and hiding meaning. Until you get some experience deciphering legalese, it may be daunting. Take a good legal dictionary with you - the older the better.

An excellent example of negative logic, used to hide meaning

From the Official Code of Georgia Annotated-
OCGA 40-2-1. As used in this chapter, the term:

(2) "Resident" means a person who has a permanent home or abode
in Georgia to which, whenever he is absent, he has the intention of
returning. For the purposes of this chapter, there is a rebuttable
presumption that any person who, except for infrequent, brief
absences, has been present in the state for 30 or more days is a
resident.
^^^^^

--- This is a prime example of the art of legal word twisting.
Note how the phrasing sounds like the definition for domicile.

Resident = "a person" + "permanent home" .

If you quickly read the section, you might presume that it means one
who is in the state 30 or more days is a resident, for motor vehicle
code purposes.

But if you dissect it, the meaning is just the opposite.
"A person" + "permanent home" + "present for 30 or more days" =
rebuttable presumption that HE IS A RESIDENT.

In plain English, a Georgia resident is one who has a permanent home but is in the state LESS than 30 days out of a year (A transient). If one is present in the state 30 or more days out of a year, he can REBUT THE PRESUMPTION that he is a resident.

If one is NOT a resident, but has a legal and permanent home in Georgia, is he not an inhabitant (domiciled) at his permanent home?

Old 11-20-2010, 02:47 AM

I know that laws have lots of questionable wording that is meant to deliberately confuse, or to easily be twisted and manipulated.

It's the same thing with tax codes. They are purposely made incredibly complex and confusing with misleading wording. Mostly to create loopholes and hidden caveats.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:04 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,348,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRefugee View Post
Does it make an American a "terrorist" because they want to overthrow the U.S. government?

I don't think so. And I think this is very, very fascist thinking to say that someone who stands up against the crooked government is a terrorist.

Knock, knock..... Who's there?....... Fascism!

Knock knock

Who's there?

NomadRefugee.

Knock knock...knock knock...knock knock...knock knock...knock knock...
knock knock...knock knock...knock knock...knock knock...knock knock...
Knock knock...knock knock...knock knock...knock knock...knock knock...
knock knock...knock knock...knock knock...knock knock...knock knock...

Old 11-20-2010, 06:30 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,524,353 times
I'm still waiting for someone to explain just what our government would be replaced with. Tearing down is easy; re-building takes a little more thought and effort and I don't see anyone even attemting to do that.

Waiting....waiting...waiting....

Old 11-20-2010, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I'm still waiting for someone to explain just what our government would be replaced with. Tearing down is easy; re-building takes a little more thought and effort and I don't see anyone even attemting to do that.

Waiting....waiting...waiting....
I'd like to see it replaced with a true Republic. Similar to what it was founded upon.

Right now we have drifted into oligarchy. We need to bring it back to a real Republic.

I'm pretty sure I already said this earlier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies