Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 04:15 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times

Advertisements

A movie that isn't an action/disaster/monster/zombie flic opening during the Thansksgiving-to-Christmas-prime-time-for-an-Oscar-nomination-time, whoda thunk?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 04:27 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,200 times
I doubt Spielberg will be have the honesty to portray the line between tyranny and liberty that Lincoln chose to cross, but will probably manufacture another Schindler's List-type hero (mind you, Schindler was the purest type of hero. Not so much for Lincoln).

Old 11-20-2010, 05:31 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Let me see what I remember: We had a surplus when bushbot took office in 2000...
Surplus? What surplus? The national debt INCREASED each year. Hint: that means there was no surplus.

The Dems were able to fool people like you into thinking there was a surplus by spending the money that was collected for Social Security on other things. Please don't tell me you fell for it.
Recession Hurts Social Security Trust Fund - CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/03/31/politics/washingtonpost/main4906936.shtml - broken link)

Quote:
...and before bushbot left office we were how many trillion is debt?
What you really mean is that after Pelosi and Reid took over Congress (you know, Congress... the government entity that actually spends the money), the deficit exploded.

Quote:
AND I'll never forget the bot when he came out to tell America we had to 'bailout Wallstreet' liars, crooks, and theives.
You'll have to explain why Obama named the primary architect of that Wall Street bailout his Treasury Secretary. We'll anxiously await your explanation...

"President-elect Barack Obama has selected New York Federal Reserve Bank President Timothy F. Geithner as Treasury secretary, handing the post to a primary architect of the Bush administration's response to the financial crisis, according to Democratic and industry officials yesterday."
Obama Picks N.Y. Fed President Geithner as Treasury Secretary - washingtonpost.com

Old 11-20-2010, 05:39 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Let's hope that he takes out his earrings first.

http://www.malextra.com/image-librar...-lewis-awi.jpg

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-20-2010, 05:59 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
I'm a busy man watching paint dry so could some one cut to the chase and explain the grand conspiracy being cooked by Mr. Spielberg (other than it will be release about the same time every other project trying to trade in on the 150th anniversary of the Civil War).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies