Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 10:01 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,751,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
There is an answer for that:

www. craigslist.com
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
You can buy a car, pay cash and not be asked any questions.
That only works if you don't plan on registering the car and getting license plates from the state. And if that's your plan, then you'd likely as not simply steal a car in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 10:02 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,826,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Great idea! Americans should be suspicious of each other. Let's make a general rule of thumb: anyone (even your neighbor) may be an anti-American terrorist. Be especially on guard for all who make major purchases, check to see if these people are wearing any patriotic items.
Unless, of course, they've just illegally crossed the border.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:28 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,929,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
When I was a kid, it was commies, as a young adult it was perverts, now it's terrorists. Once we become numb to terrorists, who should we be afraid of next?
Our own gov't. In the name of protecting us from terrorists they are terrorizing innocent civilians. Everyone is a suspect and probable cause is of no concern. Let's be real here, stuff like this punishes only the honest. It won't stop those who are sincere in doing harm.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:14 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,993,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Don't you think, asking each person what religion they are, would be a wee bit against the constitution? How else are you going to tell what religion someone is?
I almost burst out laughing when I read this. Yes, it would be against the constitution, but has that ever stopped the government?

Old 11-29-2010, 02:33 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Our own gov't. In the name of protecting us from terrorists they are terrorizing innocent civilians. Everyone is a suspect and probable cause is of no concern. Let's be real here, stuff like this punishes only the honest. It won't stop those who are sincere in doing harm.
It seems to me that we should be building a fence to keep the bad guys out instead of a cage to keep us in.

Old 11-29-2010, 02:39 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Nice! But we can't ask for ID at a polling station or when registering to vote, nor can we check citizenship at the border or anywhere in this country. If you people don't see where this is all going then I feel for you.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:17 PM

701 posts, read 1,032,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
I almost burst out laughing when I read this. Yes, it would be against the constitution, but has that ever stopped the government?
Yes, daily.

Think about it next time you speed and the officer who pulls you over doesn't beat you to a pulp.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:48 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,194,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Every vehicle I have ever financed I had to provide those items. That is nothing new.
Every loan application I have ever filled out the same was true.
Last I heard paying cash over a certain amount it was required to provide all the info as well.
I have no issues with the law.
Good reality check tinman..... Crap, I just adopted a cat and had to supply that info...

ANYONE walking around with 30-50,000 in cash would be a suspect...

hmmm, they look Italian, Jewish, Mexican, Swedish... must be gangsters or using drug money...

Old 01-08-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
This country is looking more and more like the old USSR or Nazi Germany every day. Last week I went to Wal*Mart and bought some Nyquil and they asked for ID. I have never been asked for ID for anything but beer before 9-11 and now they ask for it for any over-the-counter medicine, engine cleaner and other things. And I am getting tired of having to show it.
They have been asking for ID's when you want to purchase certain meds now for many many years, tis nothing new...

Don't show your ID, they don't care... Go to Canada or Mexico instead....

Old 01-08-2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerbilzak View Post
Yes, daily.

Think about it next time you speed and the officer who pulls you over doesn't beat you to a pulp.
When/where has that happened? I've been ticketed for speeding a few times and never once thought I was going to be beaten to a pulp by the officer..

Sounds like you distrust/don't like or have a chip on your shoulder with police.... Police bashing should go in it's own thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies