Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 09:35 PM

799 posts, read 1,094,950 times

Advertisements

I've been thinking about this for awhile. This would end the war on drugs as well as the debate of it. To fully educate and make us more aware of the choices.

The amendment would go as so:

Abolishing the prohibition of all mind-altering substances. To educate the public of these substances. To let the citizens freely consume what ever they choose as long as there is no risk of another life in the process of the act.

tried to sound as political as possible. I know there will be opposition to this, I would rather nature to be legal then man-made, but I see that humans are at least smart enough to know what would harm them and what isn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 09:39 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
It would never fly. There's a whole batch of people in another thread who are demanding the right to restrict what food products people can purchase with their food stamps. This amendment would go against that sentiment.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:39 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
I'd support it, so long as employers have the right to deny employment to substance users and landlords have the right to deny housing to substance users and restaurant owners have the right to refuse service to people who are FUBAR'd.

Old 11-21-2010, 02:05 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I'd support it, so long as employers have the right to deny employment to substance users and landlords have the right to deny housing to substance users and restaurant owners have the right to refuse service to people who are FUBAR'd.
That won't happen. If drugs were legalized tomorrow, the Democrats would be hard at work at creating another victim class to siphon votes from

Old 11-21-2010, 02:15 AM

465 posts, read 463,743 times
Conservatives in the USA are brainwashed into thinking they should fight to keep drugs illegal.

First we need to deprogram those sheeple. That's the first step.

Old 11-21-2010, 02:20 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRefugee View Post
Conservatives in the USA are brainwashed into thinking they should fight to keep drugs illegal.

The War on Drugs, just like the War on Terror, were both designed to be money pits that have no realistic end in sight. There's always gonna be drugs, there's always gonna be terrorists, end drug prohibition now! Of course, I want this to be de-federalized and I want drug legality to be legislated at the state level, not federal

Old 11-21-2010, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
The War on Drugs, just like the War on Terror, were both designed to be money pits that have no realistic end in sight. There's always gonna be drugs, there's always gonna be terrorists, end drug prohibition now! Of course, I want this to be de-federalized and I want drug legality to be legislated at the state level, not federal
I totally agree about de-federalization of drug laws.

Each state should be able to make it's own decision about it. Then the red and blue states would all be happy in their policies.

Old 11-21-2010, 04:21 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRefugee View Post

That is absolutely right. There is nothing conservative about attempting to control what others ingest.

This drug war is a sad period in our history and the public acceptance of its scorched earth police state tactics employed by government and business truly redefines the tern Nation of Sheep. What is going on today with the TSA in airports is a predictable and inevitable result and progression of America's surrender in the 80s to the concept of widespread drug testing.

Old 11-21-2010, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
That is absolutely right. There is nothing conservative about attempting to control what others ingest.

This drug war is a sad period in our history and the public acceptance of its scorched earth police state tactics employed by government and business truly redefines the tern Nation of Sheep. What is going on today with the TSA in airports is a predictable and inevitable result and progression of America's surrender in the 80s to the concept of widespread drug testing.
I agree.

Unfortuneatly many countries across the globe are in this same situation. I am in a country right now that has insane drugs laws. I little bit of meth or cocaine will get a person locked up for 8 years out here. A little bit of pot will get you about one year. It's absolutely over the top. But that's North Asia...

Tyrant leaders outlaw drugs as a device to control the populace basically. There is an old saying about government and laws that goes something like, "If you make everybody into a criminal through strict laws. Then everyone will fear and respect the government for fear of arrest and incarceration."

Also the boys at the top have a hand in making money off of illegal drugs, so the corruption keeps it going.

Another motivation many countries have for outlawing drugs is that they want everyone in their country to be like lemmings, rushing to work, working hard, being really serious..... This is the rational in many Asian countries like Japan, Korea and China.

Governments don't want a bunch of stoners hanging out, working on art and spirituality, planning revolution because they see through all the BS. They want sober, caffiene soaked, corporate businesspeople making big money for their country. Focused on making money and practicalities.

Any way you cut it. It comes down to governments controlling people with a heavy hand and taking away their liberties for their own selfish gains.

These strategies have been used by kings and tyrants for thousands of years. The playbook is still the same in many ways.

Old 11-21-2010, 10:17 AM

799 posts, read 1,094,950 times
I agree with Nomad, whole-heartedly. The people who are oppressed in this country support the country in blind faith. Sadly, we who have more knowledge or who seeks the knowledge that's hidden right in front of us are called "crazy". For that reason, the ones with knowledge band together and choose to stand up for what we believe in.

"Drugs" is an undermining word, for what we believe is an underground and disgusting culture within American culture. But you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, meaning that we(as an american public) look at it is the enemy, and its basically taboo.

We have grown as a country. Knowledgeable and instinctively. But we choose to stick to our moral values, and in since that has hindered us that has to move progressively.

That's the reason why I put the educational part in the amendment. And as adults we are responsible enough to choose what we want to ingest rather than let govenrment officials, who know nothing of our educational, philosophical, and spiritual life.

All in all, we must demand rights for our actions and responsibilities. Showing that we are men and women who are capable of sustaining life w/o government interaction. We should not let them control every aspect of our lives. By doing so, once again I reiterate, that we show that we are responsible for our actions rather than a few controlling what we do.

When we live with accountability for our actions and teach our children the same, I believe that, since we are the world power, the world would follow.

Well that's my input for now... hope nobody has this () face but rather this (,, and) face

Peace and Knowledge to all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies