Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 05:23 PM

243 posts, read 274,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
You're reading too many scary right wing rags.

Do you know that Europe as a whole is becoming less religious?

Do you know that most Muslim children are adopting the secular values of white Europeans....becoming less orthodox than their Muslim parents?

The Muslim religion in Europe is only growing in relation to the declining population of of Christians.....It's the "no religion" category that is really taking off.

So when you read mislead stats like "the Muslim population will overtake the Christian population in the UK by 2040"....know that they are talking about 6% of the population compared to another 6% of the population.

I
I've talked to people over there and from what they said that's not the case, they pretty much said they were taking over and considering the news reports I've read like people unknowingly being fed halal food in public places and the riots in France that's what it looks like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 10:49 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
It appears Oklahoma is losing.

In Oklahoma Case, Another Legal Blow To Sharia Law Bans - Andrew Cohen - National - The Atlantic

Old 01-11-2012, 11:23 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,230,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Maybe some muslims are here for the right reasons, don't be so naive, because the mulsim People themselves say there are here for peace, Some would believe them, this is foolish.

Muslims, are a different breed, because they try and shove their shariah law, down on throats. They have lack of respect for anyone, not believing in their beliefs, and do not respect our laws, they bully, and they are manipulators.

They live their life for Islamic Law, and to hek with everyone else. These People are not rational, because if they were, they would respect and give Women the rights that they deserve, but do they, NO NO NO, THERE LIVES ARE CENTERED AROUND THEIR ISLAMIC LAWS, and for those of us who don't believe, oh you better believe they want us to.

Peaceful loving People, that is why they treat their Women, with no dignity, no respect, and no compassion, because they are a peaceful people. Stoning one to death, is very acceptable, better believe in their beliefs, or they will destroy and kill you at the drop of chopping your head off, they are a peaceful loving people, I hardley think so. They were out to get us on 9/11 and they are still out to get us.

Do you actually know any Muslims? Work with any? Have any as neighbors?

Old 01-11-2012, 11:31 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
Arguments to take place in Oklahoma over ban on Islamic law in courts - CNN.com

" Arguments to take place in Oklahoma over ban on Islamic law in courts...

A federal judge will hear arguments Monday on a temporary restraining order against an Oklahoma referendum that would ban the use of Islamic religious law in state courts.

Oklahoma voters approved the amendment during the November elections by a 7-3 ratio. But the Council on American-Islamic Relations challenged the measure as a violation of the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, and U.S. District Judge Vicki Miles-LaGrange issued a temporary restraining order November 8 that will keep state election officials from certifying that vote.

"What this amendment is going to do is officially disfavor and condemn the Muslim community as being a threat to Oklahoma," Muneer Awad, executive director of CAIR's Oklahoma chapter and the lead plaintiff in the suit, said earlier this month. In addition, he said, the amendment would invalidate private documents, such as wills, that are written in compliance with Muslim law. "

Of course Islam and it's parasitical Muslims refuse to seperate "Wills" from their Sharia Law. They won't do it. They have no respect for the Laws of America and the other cultures. Sharia Law and Islamic Rule is their only agenda and the only acceptable outcome.

I've been saying it for years, these people are not here for peace and to just live their lives. They are here to disrespect, over-turn and convert the whole American system and convert everything to their Islamic laws.

Wake up America.
Wake up? Funny, I was going to suggest the same thing to you, but then I wouldn't want you to fall out of your tree.
Clue to the Clueless: The Muslim population in the US in TWENTY YEARS is expected to be 0.7 percent.
Find something else to be afraid of, I am sure you have an entire list to pick from and if not go to the Godfather or the Blaze and they will provide you wth an updated listing of things to fear and hate.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:36 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
As well it should be,

Quote:
Originally Posted by The quoted link
In other words, when there's no reason for a law, there's certainly no compelling reason for it. Finally, from the 10th Circuit, a little lesson in the majesty of the Bill of Rights. The panel, comprised of two Democratic appointees and one appointee of George W. Bush, wrote:
Quote:
Appellants argue that the balance weighs in their favor because Oklahoma voters have a strong interest in having their politically expressed will enacted, a will manifested by a large margin at the polls. But when the law that voters wish to enact is likely unconstitutional, their interests do not outweigh Mr. Awad's in having his constitutional rights protected.

Old 01-11-2012, 01:00 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Here's a local news story on the question, which includes view of state rep who voted no to allow the vote on Sharia: Oklahoma Sharia ban falls short in federal court appeal » Local News » Stillwater NewsPress I'm glad I have a state legislator, who I voted for, who has some good sense on this.

Old 01-11-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Here's a local news story on the question, which includes view of state rep who voted no to allow the vote on Sharia: Oklahoma Sharia ban falls short in federal court appeal » Local News » Stillwater NewsPress I'm glad I have a state legislator, who I voted for, who has some good sense on this.
Williams does sound like a solid legislator, as well as a sensible lawyer.

Old 01-11-2012, 01:17 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
In a bible belt state that has 6,000 Muslims out of of almost 4 million people, this seems like a big waste of time and effort.

Last edited by Skinny Puppy; 01-11-2012 at 02:12 PM..

Old 01-11-2012, 02:11 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,259,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
Arguments to take place in Oklahoma over ban on Islamic law in courts - CNN.com

" Arguments to take place in Oklahoma over ban on Islamic law in courts...

A federal judge will hear arguments Monday on a temporary restraining order against an Oklahoma referendum that would ban the use of Islamic religious law in state courts.

Oklahoma voters approved the amendment during the November elections by a 7-3 ratio. But the Council on American-Islamic Relations challenged the measure as a violation of the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, and U.S. District Judge Vicki Miles-LaGrange issued a temporary restraining order November 8 that will keep state election officials from certifying that vote.

"What this amendment is going to do is officially disfavor and condemn the Muslim community as being a threat to Oklahoma," Muneer Awad, executive director of CAIR's Oklahoma chapter and the lead plaintiff in the suit, said earlier this month. In addition, he said, the amendment would invalidate private documents, such as wills, that are written in compliance with Muslim law. "

Of course Islam and it's parasitical Muslims refuse to seperate "Wills" from their Sharia Law. They won't do it. They have no respect for the Laws of America and the other cultures. Sharia Law and Islamic Rule is their only agenda and the only acceptable outcome.

I've been saying it for years, these people are not here for peace and to just live their lives. They are here to disrespect, over-turn and convert the whole American system and convert everything to their Islamic laws.

Wake up America.
NO religious law should be used in any US court.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
NO religious law should be used in any US court.
If someone dies, and in their will they want what they leave to heirs to be tithed to the church they worship at before being distributed to heirs, is that permissible? Should the court honor the wishes of the deceased?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies