Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 09:31 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,727,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The initial reports and reactions were that it was a major accident in NYC.
My how many forget the past.
You would think someone with half a brain could have connected the dots!

BUSH WAS WARNED BIN LADEN WANTED TO HIJACK PLANES - NYTimes.com

Quote:
The White House said tonight that President Bush had been warned by American intelligence agencies in early August that Osama bin Laden was seeking to hijack aircraft.
Quote:
It was not clear this evening why the White House waited eight months after the terrorist attacks in New York and Washington to reveal what Mr. Bush had been told.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:33 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,581,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

You would think someone with half a brain would be embarrassed to say what you just did.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:35 AM

Bush's administration was good at pronouncing terrorist suspects guilty without a trial. Why did Bush give a dire situation, when timely action was critical, the benefit of the doubt?

Bush was briefed by the CIA about the plans of hijacking American planes before 9/11. Yet Bush thinks a pilot did not see the twin towers by sight or radar.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
You would think someone with half a brain would be embarrassed to say what you just did.
Sorry if I hit a nerve. Keep on believing that Bush kept our country safe if it helps you feel better.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:41 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,268,389 times
Quote:
Bush's administration was good at pronouncing terrorist suspects guilty without a trial. Why did Bush give a dire situation, when timely action was critical, the benefit of the doubt?

Bush was briefed by the CIA about the plans of hijacking American planes before 9/11. Yet Bush thinks a pilot did not see the twin towers by sight or radar.
And neither did the rest of America when that first plane hit.
Go back and view the newscasts...tragic accident regarding the very first plane across the board on every news station.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:42 AM

37,762 posts, read 40,870,361 times
Want to read a good nonpolitical easy to understand book about observation and recall? Try "The Invisible Gorrilla" by Christopher Chabris and Daniel Simons. It explains the "Hillary arrived under sniper fire" misremembering, too. They all aren't deliberately lying or embellishing.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:42 AM

37,950 posts, read 22,021,059 times
Quote:

I'm sure they see hundreds of reports of suspected terror plots, and I'm sure, since Bush was new to all this, that he let the CIA chief handle the job of terror threat analysis, since he had being doing as a part of his professional career under Clinton, and then Bush.

i know the left likes to credit Bush with being some kind of a super intel guy and expert in the art of data analysis, but he wasn't, that's why he had the FBI and CIA. If al Qaeda was such a threat to our nation's security, then why didn't Clinton's final policy paper on national security mention al Qaeda?

Old 11-22-2010, 09:44 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,409,969 times
Quote:

an up till 911 what did hijack mean
????

certainly not crashing them into buildings

and the epatation was he would hijack overseass...not conus

Old 11-22-2010, 09:56 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,284,882 times
Bush was in on it from the git-go.

Why do you think he was in a third grade classroom in Florida?

Slow day at the white house?

I'll bet he picked Florida as a safe place, so as to be looked out for by the Bush governor.

I mean, who can you really trust during such a caper?

Old 11-22-2010, 10:01 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,407,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The initial reports and reactions were that it was a major accident in NYC.
My how many forget the past.
I recall NPR reporting it early on as simply a plane crashing into the towers. They said there was speculation it was a suicide attempt, and were awaiting further information. I went out walking with a friend. By the time we got back, ~ 1/2 hour later, the details were becoming known.

G*d knows what Obama would have said. This thread is a little nutty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies