Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2010, 05:17 PM

515 posts, read 716,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
White people just need to realize that it's a sin to ever judge or speak against a black person.
No matter what they do, it's never their fault....

White people are racists.

End of story.
So much truth in so few words!

Old 11-23-2010, 05:26 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,730,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
There is a good debate going on the Atlanta board about Michael Vick and the discussion quickly turned to race. Many non-blacks find it hard to understand the support that is given to high profile blacks like OJ and Michael Vick. This article is a good read even though I could never understand supporting someone because of something was done generations ago. I know must be because I am white. What are your thoughts?

Why Black People Support Michael Vick - COLORLINES
Whether blacks support someone has nothing to do whether I will support them being black myself.

OJ: Don't support him.

Michael Vick: I thought he deserved jail time when the thing first started. He served his time. I support him b/c he is from my hometown and is making the most of his second chance. I strongly believe in second chances and nothing makes me happier than someone who got one making the most of it. I love redemption stories.

Old 11-23-2010, 05:41 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,536,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
Well, first you are likely a person who feels the racial allegaince and won't admit to it, or won't admit that a racial allegaince exists, for that matter. I don't know that you're such a person, but it's a pretty good guess. "Racial allegiance" is not a positive-sounding term and for that reason it's something to be denied. I get it. But it does exist, of course.

And that allegiance lays the groundwork for all the feelings about Vick, O.J. Mike Tyson, etc. felt amongst many blacks. The feelings can be that of shame, or desires to defend negative acts of Vick or other blacks. The long road that has led up to that reality is tragic and complicated, but the end result we see today is really just as simple as what I described. And yes, it is human nature.

Whites can feel a racial allegiance too, but not to near the strength as do blacks. White folks will prefer a fellow white dentist, and a white neighbor, but white people feel no desire to defend, or feel guilt, because a white criminal happens to be white. The racial allegiance falls well short of that. You see, a white person does not fear that they will be culturally linked with a white criminal, or that a white criminal will reinforce a negative stereotype. One of the benefits of being white, at least for a few more decades.

Dang not only do your BS rant attempt to speak for all blacks but now you speak for Whites.
First you say I'm more likely a locked step Black person, then you say you don't know, make up your mind which podium you want to step on.

Its apparent that you have difficulty in the definition of personal responsibility, but its also difficult for you to realize that you are not clairvoyant, you have not provided the findings from your studies on Blacks and now your throwing in your all mighty knowledge of Whites. Amazing the double talk you've provided in this thread and HAVE YET to provide anything of substance to the discussion.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:14 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,647,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
WTF does this racist babble have to do with anyone black or white supporting these two? This thread is titled why do Blacks support OJ and Michael Vicks
Do you not even understand my post? Or read the article?

It asks why blacks continue to support Vicks. And my posts answers that. It is because Vick is black, therefore, they support him. Rather than condemn him for his crime, they support him. I expanded on it by saying that, as a whole, the AA community does not want to take responsibility for their own actions. It doesn't matter if he was guilty, as long as he was black, it's always the same excuse: "white man trying to keep the black man down". That's the excuse to explain his judgment.

Plus, I see that you made my comment into a racial thing when it's clearly not. That's the problem with the AA community. You perceive every little criticism as an attack on your ethnic group. Think about it.

Stop being racist against Asians.

See how easy it is to interpret your comment in response to mine as racist? Grow up

Old 11-23-2010, 06:15 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,038,764 times
Why do Blacks support, Michael Vick,

When you beat the Redskins 59-28, completing 20 of 28 for 333 yares and 4td;s all things can be forgiven.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
man please you probably are R yourself, and which minority groups has risen? the smallest minority groups can indeed rise thees not that many of them and have no history in the US racially
And you are not? Seeing that you are from Philadephia

Let's see, how about Asians for one example? How about the Jewish? Or Muslims? And so on.

And what do you mean "have no history in the US racially"? All immigrants came here way back then. All minorities were treated with hatred when they got here. Jews, Chinese, Japanese, Mexicans, Italians, etc. Minorities today didn't just decide to move into the US just yesterday

Old 11-23-2010, 06:34 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,536,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
Do you not even understand my post? Or read the article?

It asks why blacks continue to support Vicks. And my posts answers that. It is because Vick is black, therefore, they support him. Rather than condemn him for his crime, they support him. I expanded on it by saying that, as a whole, the AA community does not want to take responsibility for their own actions. It doesn't matter if he was guilty, as long as he was black, it's always the same excuse: "white man trying to keep the black man down". That's the excuse to explain his judgment.

Plus, I see that you made my comment into a racial thing when it's clearly not. That's the problem with the AA community. You perceive every little criticism as an attack on your ethnic group. Think about it.

Stop being racist against Asians.

See how easy it is to interpret your comment in response to mine as racist? Grow up

Back to the original question I had. WTF are you babbling about with this racist crap? How many Blacks have you spoken too to confirm you generalization and BS theory? Never mind I guess racist theories do not need explainations. Grow Up

Old 11-23-2010, 06:47 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,108,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Wow, what's with the hatred here?

One reason many people do not understand the uproar over Michael Vick is really simple. Because although no one likes animal cruelty, it is ridiculous that Vick was punished more harshly than rapists, child abusers, spouse abusers and even some murderers. That sounds unfair to me. Why don't we come down as hard on people who terrorize other people? Human life should be more valuable than the life of animals for our justice system.

I think Vick should be punished, but if the guy who raped 4 people got 12 months of probation, then I need to side with Michael Vick. That punishment was unnecessarily harsh.

Some people support OJ because he "beat" the justice system. He was found not guilty, it is pretty rare that happens. It is support in principal more than real support. And for other African-americans, they grew up with OJ, so it is hard to see him as a murderer. This is not an uncommon phenomenon, so I do not understand people are calling out African-Americans for refusing to believe someone they liked did something bad.
I think none of the punishments are harsh enough. I despise Michael Vick for what he did to those dogs, even if much of it was done by other people, he supported it and made it possible. I can't believe he wasn't banned from the NFL. If a rapist is getting a year probation, something is wrong with that also. I don't think Vick's punishment was harsh enough and I certainly don't think the rapist's punishment was harsh enough, race aside. Personally, I think violent crimes need to be punished much more harshly and the penalties for drugs need to come down some. We definitely need to prioritize here.

FWIW, I was in middle school during the OJ trial and I always thought he was innocent. Goes to show how much an 11-year old knows. LOL

My point here is that I'm white and I definitely do not support Michael Vick and probably do support OJ just for lack of knowledge about the actual crime. For me, race doesn't come into play, a crime is a crime. I've signed more petitions and emailed more DAs and judges regarding harsher punishments for white animal cruelty offenders than black ones. Take that as you will.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:28 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,830,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
There is a good debate going on the Atlanta board about Michael Vick and the discussion quickly turned to race. Many non-blacks find it hard to understand the support that is given to high profile blacks like OJ and Michael Vick. This article is a good read even though I could never understand supporting someone because of something was done generations ago. I know must be because I am white. What are your thoughts?

Why Black People Support Michael Vick - COLORLINES
Quote:
I don't support OJ, but I do support Michael Vicks. Michael served his time and has actually been very positive since his release. Why would I not support him just as any other black, white, asian ect?
i agree with blackandproud, i also do not support oj, but i do support vick. vick has not only served his time, but he has not made excuses for what he did, nor did he try to hide from it once things went against him. and he is making something of himself again.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Back to the original question I had. WTF are you babbling about with this racist crap? How many Blacks have you spoken too to confirm you generalization and BS theory? Never mind I guess racist theories do not need explainations. Grow Up
Obviously you are quite hurt, seeing that you cannot even comprehend my response as you call it "racist crap". Advice to you: Stop being defensive.

How many Blacks have you spoken to that easily play the race card? How many Blacks you know don't act thug? How many Blacks you know that are middle class? How many Blacks you know don't complain about the white man keeping them down? As for my "generalization and BS theory", you can see it on news all the time. The NAACP plays the race card all the time. You may Google Lovelle Mixon. And you yourself has proven my point. You scream that I am a racist on a basis of what standing? If the AA community is as perfect as you think, you would see a lower incidence rate of gang-related violence, drug dealing, and what from said community. If Black people took responsibility for their own actions, you wouldn't see such high crime rates and what not occurrring from people of that community. Yet reports are always coming in. BS theory? I think not.

Again, stop being butthurt just because of a little criticism, especially when you are not even providing facts or substance to back up your point. It makes you look petty and uneducated

Rather than argue with me, look to educate your own community and tell them that it's not okay to act thug. That education should be a priority. That women should not be objectified. That it's okay to criticize your own people if they done something wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies