Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2010, 12:29 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Well then the choice for you is extremely easy and final, don't look at him. The choice for me is easy and final as well, I will continue to not only look but also Support a person that has made a mistake, admitted that mistake served his time and has moved forward in a positive way.
X2 What Vick did was wrong but he was sentenced by a jury of his peers, served his time without issue and has paid his debt to society. I'm a huge dog lover but I support Vick as well because he seems to be very sorry for what took place and is making things right.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:30 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Well then the choice for you is extremely easy and final, don't look at him. The choice for me is easy and final as well, I will continue to not only look but also Support a person that has made a mistake, admitted that mistake served his time and has moved forward in a positive way.
I dont

What you support is a man that took dogs and forced them to kill each other so he can earn a dollar and then by his hands hung them when they didnt die that way he drown them by putting their hands in a 5 gallon bucket of water

Sleep well

Old 11-23-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
X2 What Vick did was wrong but he was sentenced by a jury of his peers, served his time without issue and has paid his debt to society. I'm a huge dog lover but I support Vick as well because he seems to be very sorry for what took place and is making things right.
What exactly is he doing that leads you to believe he is very sorry? That didnt help him get back into the nfl. Just wondering

Old 11-23-2010, 12:39 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Is there not a limit on deer? Is a deer a family pet? Are you taking a deer and making them kill another deer so you can earn a buck? Are you using that deer to provide food for you to eat? Are you going to eat your family pet?

Actually in Korea and other countries eating dogs is part of the culture and has been for hundreds of years. I understand your feelings and you have every right to resent Michael Vick's actions. But I also understand your feelings' about Michael Vick ARE DRIVEN BY CULTURE.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:54 PM

487 posts, read 1,816,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Give me ONE example where anything I have said shows "hate for black people". I will anxiously be awating your reply.
Ok I admit hate is a strong word, however you do post a lot of "race bait threads" such as these-These 2 threads were started by you-
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-his-most.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...hen-obama.html
also post such as these- you seem to know us so well....
He may be over reaching a little but MANY blacks do have a herd mentality when it comes to standing up for a fellow "brotha" regardless of how detestable what he has done may be, ie OJ...

Blacks will NOT vote for a gay Mayor regardless if he is black and a Democrat. Most blacks are pretty conservative when it comes to such things and especially the older ones who tend to vote more.

Interesting info, thanks for sharing. Looks like Atlanta will be getting a white mayor sooner than a lot of people thought.

I dont know if Douglas county is majority minority yet but it has to be very close. The whole eastern part of the county is virtually all black now. Very shortly all the whites will be voted out of...

These are a few out of many from a quick search of your profile-Do you think it's normal to be so obssessed with a group of people?

Old 11-23-2010, 12:59 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,270,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAB6120 View Post
Ok I admit hate is a strong word, however you do post a lot of "race bait threads" such as these-These 2 threads were started by you-
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-his-most.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...hen-obama.html
also post such as these- you seem to know us so well....
He may be over reaching a little but MANY blacks do have a herd mentality when it comes to standing up for a fellow "brotha" regardless of how detestable what he has done may be, ie OJ...

Blacks will NOT vote for a gay Mayor regardless if he is black and a Democrat. Most blacks are pretty conservative when it comes to such things and especially the older ones who tend to vote more.

Interesting info, thanks for sharing. Looks like Atlanta will be getting a white mayor sooner than a lot of people thought.

I dont know if Douglas county is majority minority yet but it has to be very close. The whole eastern part of the county is virtually all black now. Very shortly all the whites will be voted out of...

These are a few out of many from a quick search of your profile-Do you think it's normal to be so obssessed with a group of people?
You pulled out a FEW of the post that I have made over the years that mention blacks in a way that you might find objectionable and that is somehow me showing "hate for blacks". What about all the post or replies that I have made that make NO reference to blacks??

Also the first post that you mention was in regards to an article that I included in which Obama WAS pandering to blacks. The second was based on personal experiences that I have had being born and raised in Atlanta AKA "the black mecca". NOTHING in either of these shows hate towards anyone, especially blacks. You can call them "race-baiting" threads if you like but to suggest that anything I have said rises to the level of hate is ridiculous. I wouldnt have lasted a week on here if I was some white hood wearing supremecist spewing racist/bigoted garbage!

Old 11-23-2010, 01:00 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
What exactly is he doing that leads you to believe he is very sorry? That didnt help him get back into the nfl. Just wondering
Why does he have to prove to you are anybody else he's sorry?

Maybe he is sorry, maybe he isn't.

The point is he was tried found guilty and served time for his crime.

In doing so he earned the right to go on with his live as best he can. That's what he's in the process of doing.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Actually in Korea and other countries eating dogs is part of the culture and has been for hundreds of years. I understand your feelings and you have every right to resent Michael Vick's actions. But I also understand your feelings' about Michael Vick ARE DRIVEN BY CULTURE.
I dont live in Korea and its sick

No! my feelings are drivin by my love and compassion of dogs. I have owned a dog every year of my life. They have done some amazing things for me. There is no way I could ever support a person that did what Vick did.

I can not wrap my head around the type of person is takes to hang a dog and then when it doesnt die you put their head into a 5 gallon bucket of water. I just cant do it. Its not a crime of passion. Its not a death of any sort of humane form. I could see it more had he taken a gun to their head and put them out of their misery. He didnt make the choice to kill them like that. Those dogs didnt have a choice for another life that didnt include them becoming killers or to be killed.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:08 PM

15 posts, read 33,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
There is a good debate going on the Atlanta board about Michael Vick and the discussion quickly turned to race. Many non-blacks find it hard to understand the support that is given to high profile blacks like OJ and Michael Vick. This article is a good read even though I could never understand supporting someone because of something was done generations ago. I know must be because I am white. What are your thoughts?

Why Black People Support Michael Vick - COLORLINES

My thoughts are Michael Vick is a sleezeball who abused one of the worlds most innocent victims, ANIMALS.

People who do that are, what they call, CRAZY!

Cruelty to animals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Psychological disorders One of the known warning signs of certain psychopathologies, including anti-social personality disorder, also known as psychopathic personality disorder, is a history of torturing pets and small animals, a behavior known as zoosadism. According to the New York Times, "[t]he FBI has found that a history of cruelty to animals is one of the traits that regularly appears in its computer records of serial rapists and murderers, and the standard diagnostic and treatment manual for psychiatric and emotional disorders lists cruelty to animals a diagnostic criterion for conduct disorders.[53] "A survey of psychiatric patients who had repeatedly tortured dogs and cats found all of them had high levels of aggression toward people as well, including one patient who had murdered a young boy."

Anyone who would defend him, regardless of their color, religion, or team affiliation, is a disgrace to the human race and should be treated by the police and prison guards the same way he treated his DOGS.

They should be ashamed that they are so taken with fame and NOTORIETY that they are disregarding the fact that the man is SICK and should have been not only locked in jail, but sent to the loony bin for an evaluation.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Why does he have to prove to you are anybody else he's sorry?

Maybe he is sorry, maybe he isn't.

The point is he was tried found guilty and served time for his crime.

In doing so he earned the right to go on with his live as best he can. That's what he's in the process of doing.
Why does anyone have to prove they have learned their lesson? Why do you think he had to hire a PR Firm to help him get his job back. People dont mind giving people a 2nd chance when they feel like they've learned their lesson. Thats why he has to prove his remorseful. To be honest I cant believe you are really asking that.

I agree hes done his time and he gets to go on with his life but that doesnt mean I have to support that either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies