Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2010, 01:11 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,269,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I dont live in Korea and its sick

No! my feelings are drivin by my love and compassion of dogs. I have owned a dog every year of my life. They have done some amazing things for me. There is no way I could ever support a person that did what Vick did.

I can not wrap my head around the type of person is takes to hang a dog and then when it doesnt die you put their head into a 5 gallon bucket of water. I just cant do it. Its not a crime of passion. Its not a death of any sort of humane form. I could see it more had he taken a gun to their head and put them out of their misery. He didnt make the choice to kill them like that. Those dogs didnt have a choice for another life that didnt include them becoming killers or to be killed.
Well said, what I can never get past is the vile way in which Vick PERSONALLY killed those animals. ANYONE defending that type of behavior and wishing him well is beyond reproach to me. Atleast an adult human being can fight back! Killing innocent dogs is ONLY surpassed by killing an innocent, helpless child! Sickening how so many think Vick is some changed person. The only thing that he has changed is his PR firm and name on the front of his NFL jersey. The shooting at his b-day party earlier this year shows EXACTLY what type of POS he is. A zebra CAN'T change his stripes.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:12 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,533,417 times
Quote:
I dont

What you support is a man that took dogs and forced them to kill each other so he can earn a dollar and then by his hands hung them when they didnt die that way he drown them by putting their hands in a 5 gallon bucket of water

Sleep well

I sleep very well with my two dogs in my home. No matter what you say, your judgemental stance does not sway me in the least. I support Vicks and applaud the success he's had since SERVING THE TIME THAT WAS GIVEN TO HIM BY THE JURY OF HIS PEERS.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:16 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,839,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I sleep very well with my two dogs in my home. No matter what you say, your judgemental stance does not sway me in the least. I support Vicks and applaud the success he's had since SERVING THE TIME THAT WAS GIVEN TO HIM BY THE JURY OF HIS PEERS.
When you dont ever judge someone get back to me.

There is nothing else for me to say that wouldnt get me banned.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Why does anyone have to prove they have learned their lesson? Why do you think he had to hire a PR Firm to help him get his job back. People dont mind giving people a 2nd chance when they feel like they've learned their lesson. Thats why he has to prove his remorseful. To be honest I cant believe you are really asking that.

I agree hes done his time and he gets to go on with his life but that doesnt mean I have to support that either.

No one on this thread made the statment that you should or have tried to convince you otherwise. You are entitled to your opinion just as I and everyone else is entitled to ours. Don't support the man, it is your right.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:19 PM

487 posts, read 1,814,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
You pulled out a FEW of the post that I have made over the years that mention blacks in a way that you might find objectionable and that is somehow me showing "hate for blacks". What about all the post or replies that I have made that make NO reference to blacks??

Also the first post that you mention was in regards to an article that I included in which Obama WAS pandering to blacks. The second was based on personal experiences that I have had being born and raised in Atlanta AKA "the black mecca". NOTHING in either of these shows hate towards anyone, especially blacks. You can call them "race-baiting" threads if you like but to suggest that anything I have said rises to the level of hate is ridiculous. I wouldnt have lasted a week on here if I was some white hood wearing supremecist spewing racist/bigoted garbage!
Ha ha......ok lets find some more
never said most blacks, but almost all on this thread are playing the "victm" card like the OP did, or atleast agreeing with her. That is why I found your post refreshing. Blaming "whitey" for...

NOT a black "victim". Very refreshing indeed. k

Blah blah blah, another black "victim".

Is she black? YES
Is she portraying herself as victim by perceived racist? YES

End of story!

Same old I am black victim post that we have seen on here a thousand times.

You need to look elsewhere if ghetto blacks and hispanics are a concern for you.

You basically just confirmed with your statement that Blacks are nothing but sheep to the Democrats.

Do you want me to continue--you clearly are prejudiced-you must eat sleep and dream about Black people---the majority of your posts are black/minority related.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:27 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,230,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
whos freaking fault is that....lol you can read can you

What an epic fail to reply and try to insult Not offended rather amused
Yours because your first two post were hard to understand what you meant....Like they were written by a 2nd grader...

Old 11-23-2010, 01:47 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,789,300 times
Quote:
Well said, what I can never get past is the vile way in which Vick PERSONALLY killed those animals. ANYONE defending that type of behavior and wishing him well is beyond reproach to me. Atleast an adult human being can fight back! Killing innocent dogs is ONLY surpassed by killing an innocent, helpless child! Sickening how so many think Vick is some changed person. The only thing that he has changed is his PR firm and name on the front of his NFL jersey. The shooting at his b-day party earlier this year shows EXACTLY what type of POS he is. A zebra CAN'T change his stripes.
Who did Vick Shoot? That's between Marcus Vick and the shooter not Mike Vick. Christ, next he'll be blamed for killing thousands of people in Iraq.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:55 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,269,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Who did Vick Shoot? That's between Marcus Vick and the shooter not Mike Vick. Christ, next he'll be blamed for killing thousands of people in Iraq.
So Vick who is on parole throws himself a B-day party where his co-defendant in his dog fighting case is shot just moments after he supposedly left and you have no problem with that or think that Vick didnt know who shot his boy "Q". Sorry but the "no snitches" attitude among lots of young blacks led to this case being unsolved as even the victim refused to give the police any info on who shot him. Sorry but the situation is ridiculous and cast Vick in yet another situation that makes him out to be an idiot and someone who as other posters have suggested is far from rehabilitated. You Vick apologist are unbelievable.

Report: Co-defendant in Michael Vick dogfighting case shot outside birthday celebration for QB - The Huddle: Football News from the NFL - USATODAY.com

Old 11-23-2010, 01:58 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,031,362 times
Quote:
There is a good debate going on the Atlanta board about Michael Vick and the discussion quickly turned to race. Many non-blacks find it hard to understand the support that is given to high profile blacks like OJ and Michael Vick. This article is a good read even though I could never understand supporting someone because of something was done generations ago. I know must be because I am white. What are your thoughts?

Why Black People Support Michael Vick - COLORLINES
Well, I think racial stuff is a real curiousity top to bottom.

Anyway, first I always wonder why such questions as the one offered by this thread are asked. That's step one. Usually it's a rhetorical question with the source being some form, and some level, of racial anger. I think that is the case once again here, though no one will ever admit to such a thing. It's always "genuine curiousity". Yeah, sure it is.

Anyway, blacks support blacks for a number of reasons, if anyone really... really wants to know. There exists a "racial allegiance" of a kind. If a black person is found guilty of some misdeed, then there is a perception amongst blacks that it is a reflection on all blacks. When one black person is guilty of a wrongdoing, there is of course no actual connection with that act and other black citizens. Yet somehow there is that uncomfortable, and misguided feeling that there is. So the actions of O.J. or Michael Vick are often defended by blacks as though they are defending themselves. In some small but perceivable way they feel like they are defending themselves.

There also is probably some adversarial feeling within many blacks towards whites that promotes a vague but tangible "circle the wagons" mentality. The notion of; They're coming after our Michael Vick and we have to rally around him.

It is the result of human nature combined with a society that's still saddled with a tragically sad and unfortunate racial dynamic.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
So Vick who is on parole throws himself a B-day party where his co-defendant in his dog fighting case is shot just moments after he supposedly left and you have no problem with that or think that Vick didnt know who shot his boy "Q". Sorry but the "no snitches" attitude among lots of young blacks led to this case being unsolved as even the victim refused to give the police any info on who shot him. Sorry but the situation is ridiculous and cast Vick in yet another situation that makes him out to be an idiot and someone who as other posters have suggested is far from rehabilitated. You Vick apologist are unbelievable.

Report: Co-defendant in Michael Vick dogfighting case shot outside birthday celebration for QB - The Huddle: Football News from the NFL - USATODAY.com

Apparently you didn't read your own article very well. According to the article, the victim was NOT INVITED, he showed up to the party. Vicks and another player left the party. By the way, the snitch code is a human trait and not segregated to young black men. No need for me or anyone else to apologize for Vicks, he has already done so and moved on with his life very well. Keep hating as usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.