Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 02:07 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,455,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillaceae View Post
Hands touching clothes or even skin is really not an effective way to spread infection. Unless you have an open wound or they are actually doing some sort of cavity search, there is no reason to think this is more likely to spread infection that the many other ways people have listed.
So does that makes it O K to have your rights taken away and the equivalent of a felony being committed against you? I can't believe how many docile Americans there are who are perfectly amenable to having government thugs violate their bodies and stomp all over their constitutional rights.

FYI. If you are menstruating and wearing a napkin or a tampax you WILL be pulled aside and have your cavity searched. Then will you be happy?

Sanitary Towel Prompts TSA To Grope Sexual Assault Victim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
As a veteran airline pilot I can attest to the necessity and safety of passenger screening.
I don't like it any more than you do, but we're all professionals...including the TSA. They like touching pax probably a whole lot less than some pax like the drill. So cut them some slack or take the bus....for now.

You are the first pilot I've ever heard talk that way. Most pilots who are smart and know which side of their bread is buttered would want people to want to fly to help insure their own job security. Having TSA and Homeland Security think of MORE ways they can make the flying experience more distasteful will only jeopardize future employment of pilots.

The vast majority of pilots don't like the extra radiation they are exposed to constantly going thru the scanners and they dislike it SO much that the union is working to try to get them exempted from it.

The few incidents of attempted bombings on planes were set ups or have been thwarted using the old fashioned methods of screening.

Last edited by emilybh; 11-26-2010 at 02:25 PM..

Old 11-26-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Is this actually happening?

[genuine question]

If they are, then a pair of new gloves is in order (that is reasonable). For everything else, they don't need to change gloves.
Yes. This is actually going on ! Make sure if you fly, to INSIST you WATCH the TSA agent put on fresh new gloves if you dare let them touch you.

I won't fly until the scanners and the TSA groping hands are out of airports.

Old 11-26-2010, 02:32 PM

Thank-you moderator, whoever you are, for correcting the spelling of hygiene in the subject heading for me.

Old 11-26-2010, 04:15 PM

Elected officials in states are starting to take a stand on this. Police are being sent into airports to watch TSA agents and arrest those who go too far as the Attorney General from each of many states are saying they will prosecute agents who molest passengers.
Busted: TSA fondlers could be arrested

Additionally I found a World Net Daily article with this headline that I'd like the poster who said he was a pilot and supported the screening and called TSA agents "professionals" to read this article that says TSA agents aren't even completing training. The subtitle of the article is "Staff encouraged to sign off without providing understanding of material"... To me this does NOT indicate any level of "professionalism" among TSA agents is expected AT ALL!
Training plan for TSA agents blasted

Old 11-26-2010, 04:27 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Elected officials in states are starting to take a stand on this. Police are being sent into airports to watch TSA agents and arrest those who go too far as the Attorney General from each of many states are saying they will prosecute agents who molest passengers.
Busted: TSA fondlers could be arrested

Additionally I found a World Net Daily article with this headline that I'd like the poster who said he was a pilot and supported the screening and called TSA agents "professionals" to read this article that says TSA agents aren't even completing training. The subtitle of the article is "Staff encouraged to sign off without providing understanding of material"... To me this does NOT indicate any level of "professionalism" among TSA agents is expected AT ALL!
Training plan for TSA agents blasted

This is just so dam sad.

I think I am more upset about the complicity of the general public about ANY such issues that interfere with our rights. < & before I am told about flying NOT being a 'right', let me remind those who haven't heard, these screenings are already being planned for train & bus stations.

It is just so hard for me to believe that these kind of things are getting shoved down the throats of American citizens & we are just taking it.
What's next?

Old 11-26-2010, 06:49 PM

1,289 posts, read 3,035,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
So does that makes it O K to have your rights taken away and the equivalent of a felony being committed against you? I can't believe how many docile Americans there are who are perfectly amenable to having government thugs violate their bodies and stomp all over their constitutional rights.

FYI. If you are menstruating and wearing a napkin or a tampax you WILL be pulled aside and have your cavity searched. Then will you be happy?

Sanitary Towel Prompts TSA To Grope Sexual Assault Victim
That is just so sad and disgusting! I had NO IDEA they would do that to women! How can they get away with that? What is a woman supposed to do, just bleed all over herself in order to appease the TSA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies