Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 08:06 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Really? Well then I should overlook the 35 FORECLOSED homes in my neighborhood and tell my numerous friends that are our of work that this really isn't that bad? and that the unemployment is still at 9.6% but the government is doing a great job? Wow humerous...
Actually what you are "overlooking" is the fact that those "foreclosed" homes in your neighborhood were brought about by the the original mess caused by Jimmy Carter who never had a clue; i.e., "everyone should have housing" (or words to that effect)...whether they could afford it or not! And then under Clinton the problem was reinforced...then remember BO was on the team of lawyers that brought suit against the government "forcing" the stupid Congress to make laws (can't remember if it was direct or via Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac...it is all convoluted) to force lending entities to make loans to people who they knew could not repay. Barney Frank, Chuck Schumer, Chris Dodd and Maxine Waters were just some of the Dems that fought against President Bush's request to Congress beginning in the early 1990's asking those bodies to stop the mess before it exploded...their rants and raves on the floors of the House and Senate are on file in the archives of C-SPAN.

So, the blame lies with BO and the Dems and their interference in correcting a very stupid move started by Carter.

As for as BO "avoiding" a depression as per another post above...bull!!!

BO has prolonged the agony because of his very inexperience, stubbornness, egotistical, narcissistic, and completely "unAmerican" philosophy of how "he" thinks he should tell the rest of us how to live when he has been raised with values far afield from American values and our Constitution and has never done anything to gain the necessary experience needed to address any of the issues facing America . He doesn't have a clue or flat doesn't care that history shows the road to stopping any recession. A "smart" person would recognize his/her short comings and go out and learn something...but then I concluded a long time ago that BO is (IMHO) certainly NOT a smart person. If he were, he would never do what he does. He is totally in the dark and very lost. That history shows the road is fully in the very opposite direction this idiot and his equally inept or "unAmerican" advisers and surrounding friends/appointees have taken. In all my years since I was old enough to vote, I have never seen a more inept...no, disastrous to America and our Constitution...group than now runs around the White House and "were" in charge of the Congress.

Last edited by lorrysda; 11-25-2010 at 08:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 08:25 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
Obama is doing a Great job, considering he inherited this mess from the Conservatives. Why should we vote for that party?

With Obama at the wheel, we also avoided the Great Depression 2.
Mr Opinion you should consider before you post positive posts about Obama at how many of the ensuing rightwing hissy fits may lead to heart attacks by apoplectic Repubs being struck dumb with the audacity of your suggestions.

Old 11-25-2010, 03:25 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Mr Opinion you should consider before you post positive posts about Obama at how many of the ensuing rightwing hissy fits may lead to heart attacks by apoplectic Repubs being struck dumb with the audacity of your suggestions.
Nah!!! Just feel sorry anyone so lost to reality.

Old 11-25-2010, 03:30 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,334 times
Better site:
PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Barack Obama's Campaign Promises

Old 11-26-2010, 01:53 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,981,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Wow!!! Talk about bobble-headed, koolaid guzzling followers.
Koolaid is good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies