Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2010, 04:03 PM

1,296 posts, read 2,228,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Why? Because I'm not as worked up about it as you? Because I've proved that it's not nearly as big of an issue as you claim? Because I posted proof of that fact that at any given time, there's only about 100K chronically homeless in this country of over 310 MILLION people?

I love how liberals spout and spew tolerance - until an opposing viewpoint comes along.
No you're mistaken. You haven't proven a thing. Don't kid yourself!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Since you are so passionate about this subject, what are YOU doing personally to help solve homelessness in America?
I NEVER vote for the Republicans, because whenever they're in power, povety has always increased!

Old 11-26-2010, 04:13 PM

19,870 posts, read 12,162,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artwomyn View Post
I NEVER vote for the Republicans, because whenever they're in power, povety has always increased!
In other words, you are not doing anything other than scolding people on a forum?

Old 11-26-2010, 04:14 PM

45,568 posts, read 60,834,968 times
Statistics are amazing things to use:

What Is the Estimated Number of Homeless People? | eHow.com

What Are the Leading Causes of Homelessness? | eHow.com

Old 11-26-2010, 04:15 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,255,128 times
Quote:
I advocate help, for people that want and need it. If some people don't want it, then so be it. Most people want to take care of themselves, but circumstances beyond their control, can make that impossible. You act as if misfortune never happens to people.

I'm sure lots of people thought that that they could never be homeless, until it happened to them. As I've said many times, quite a few people, are just a paycheck away from the streets. This rotten economy, has caused much hardship, include homelessness, for many people.

You still haven't proven that mostl of the homeless, don't want to work, or live in shelters. And discussing gun control, is getting off topic for this thread.
Do you just advocate or do you take an active role? Talk is cheap and all to easy.
How many homeless have you taken in?
How many food banks and shelters have you created? How many do you work in everyday?
Me? Well I just clean my guns just in case I see a homeless person I can shoot them. Isn't that what you said us people with no compassion want to do?

Old 11-26-2010, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Who is in office now? How about control of the house for the last 4 years?
Its both parties who own the blame.
Don't you find it odd that we can muster up close to a billion dollars for Haiti, 3 billion a year for Israel, find the money to buy private jets for Pelosi, pay for Rangel's caddillac lease but spending money on our own citizens is such a challenge?
You hate GWB but he invested more money in Autism research than all previous Presidents combined. No I am no fan of GWB's but I can give credit where it is due.
Those wars you talk about? They were voted for by both parties.
To fix the problems of this nation requires us to hold our elected officials accountable, and not just the ones in the other party. How do we justify 500G for bear dna when even 1 child goes hungry? How do we justify 1 billion for Haiti when we have over 100,000 homeless Americans? Its not that I disagree with your position on homeless and the poor. I disagree with the energy spent trying to tar and feather one party or corporate America. 4 years to make change happen. 2 years of majority in both houses. What has changed?

Old 11-26-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Who is in office now? How about control of the house for the last 4 years?
Its both parties who own the blame.
Don't you find it odd that we can muster up close to a billion dollars for Haiti, 3 billion a year for Israel, find the money to buy private jets for Pelosi, pay for Rangel's caddillac lease but spending money on our own citizens is such a challenge?
You hate GWB but he invested more money in Autism research than all previous Presidents combined. No I am no fan of GWB's but I can give credit where it is due.
Those wars you talk about? They were voted for by both parties.
To fix the problems of this nation requires us to hold our elected officials accountable, and not just the ones in the other party. How do we justify 500G for bear dna when even 1 child goes hungry? How do we justify 1 billion for Haiti when we have over 100,000 homeless Americans? Its not that I disagree with your position on homeless and the poor. I disagree with the energy spent trying to tar and feather one party or corporate America. 4 years to make change happen. 2 years of majority in both houses. What has changed?
The governt needs to do more for poor Americans, than it currently does. Though both Dems and Republicans don't do enough, the Republicans still favor the wealthy, over the poor.

Old 11-26-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Do you just advocate or do you take an active role? Talk is cheap and all to easy.
How many homeless have you taken in?
How many food banks and shelters have you created? How many do you work in everyday?
Me? Well I just clean my guns just in case I see a homeless person I can shoot them. Isn't that what you said us people with no compassion want to do?
I've volunteered, and I've donated. But it's going to take the government being more proactive, in order to make a dent in the homeless problem.

Old 11-26-2010, 04:36 PM

17,603 posts, read 14,759,330 times
Quote:
No you're mistaken. You haven't proven a thing. Don't kid yourself!
So ... even though the US Department of Housing & Urban Development says that there are approx. 112,000 chronic homeless at any given point in time that's not proof enough for you?

I guess it's not proof because it doesn't fall in line with your hopes for this thread & your general intolerance in others views.

And when asked what YOU were doing to help the homeless - apparently, a subject you feel passionately about - the best you can do is say that you don't even think when you vote, you just vote a straight Dem ticket. That's quite narrow minded, don't you think?

Old 11-26-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
The governt needs to do more for poor Americans, than it currently does. Though both Dems and Republicans don't do enough, the Republicans still favor the wealthy, over the poor.
Actions speak louder than words. What have your democrats done these past 4 years?
1 billion for Haiti like a snap of the fingers.
Front line fighters for Israel snap of the fingers.
Oh lets not forget we paid to rebuild Gaza after Israel destroyed it.
So what have the Democrats done?
Just about as much as the Republicans. So how do we say one is better than the other? Thats my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies