Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 11:42 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times

Advertisements

This is making me hungry. We will have the traditional meal -- turkey, dressing, etc. Only our traditional Thanksgiving meal also includes chitterlings (chitlins) w/ coleslaw, potato salad, and greens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 11:42 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,616,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
What I do for EVERY holiday....lay around relaxing, drinking some wine, reading and being thankful that I don't join the over-stressed, exhausted, overstuffed, crabby, women who think they really HAVE to go through that.....

And before ya pull out the violins my family and friends feel perfectly free to get together and eat and party WHENEVER we feel like it...not when society tells us to. There ARE 11 other months in the year.
You could do what my wife does....she told me when we got married that she couldn't cook anything but casseroles that she gets from a cookbook.

I'm making everything at my house.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:45 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
You could do what my wife does....she told me when we got married that she couldn't cook anything but casseroles that she gets from a cookbook.

I'm making everything at my house.
Casseroles???? Nope, No Cream of Mushroom Soup For Me!

Old 11-24-2010, 12:16 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,638,103 times
Got to start the T-Day prepping, brine the turkey, cut up veggies, make the cornbread for stuffing, bake the squash, make the pies, etc. White Russians all around to keep up the spirits!

Old 11-24-2010, 12:24 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
My niece is making the turkey and turkey-related stuff. The rest of us (3 other couples and one single adult) are bringing whatever. It's always a lot of fun! I'm making stuffed pumpkin from a recipe I saw on the NPR website and a jello salad that goes in a mold which is a map of the US (very campy); DH is making a cherry pie. I have no clue what my daughters will bring from their respective kitchens. I think my sister-in-law is bringing a pecan pie.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:37 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,875 times
What a great thread! We're having the usual turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole (yes, I put cream of mushroom soup in it), pies. My hubby loves the deviled eggs. I get everything cleaned up and then we go see the manatees that have come into Blue Springs (I live in Central Florida). We have seen a turtle laying her eggs, mantees playing with their young or sleeping or just cruising along, HUGE fish, and it is probably the most peaceful afternoon I spend all year.

Hope tomorrow is a wonderful day for everyone.

Old 11-24-2010, 01:20 PM

527 posts, read 1,019,882 times
first the antipasto- sharp cheeses, provolone, caccaterini sliced sausage, olives,prociutto, jumbo shrimp cocktail - tray of stuffed artichokes - passatelli soup (which is made from diffrnt grated cheeses, locattelli, parmasen & romano w/bread crumbs, eggs & lemon zest) then manicotti, w meatballs, bracialle & sausage (i make the gravy the night before) with that a nice mesculine salad - Then a couple of hours later We have the turkey with the normal trimmings, mashed potatoes, sausage stuffing, candied yams, stuffed mushrooms, Sauteed spinach etc. - Desserts are the usual, coconut custard, pumpkin and blueberry pies (I get them from the store, a baker I am not ) and guests always bring some desserts cannoli's pastries etc. I always like to put fresh fruit and nuts out towards the end as well - Come Friday its off to the gym I go! Hi- ho - Hi-ho
PS. if you cant tell I am Italian

Old 11-24-2010, 01:27 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,596,090 times
Turkey and stuffing
mashed potatoes and gravy
green bean casserole
corn casserole
summer squash casserole
mashed turnips
cauliflower
cranberry dressing
pumpkin pie
apple cider
egg nog
white wine
Alka-seltzer

Old 11-24-2010, 01:32 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
I'll be working. Double time is tough to turn down
For lunch I will pack the ever popular tinmans world famous meatloaf sandwiches. LOL

Old 11-24-2010, 01:43 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Cranberry glazed oven roasted turkey
Cranberry-apple sausage stuffing
Garlic green beans
Glazed carrots and turnips
Cranberry-orange-pear relish
Bleu cheese mashed potatoes
Sweet potato balls
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies