Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 11:43 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,547,256 times

Advertisements

You know it is not about encouraging abortions at all. I don't encourage abortion. No one does. You think some people love going "HAHAH. I AM HAVING AN ABORTION!" But I do think that government should stay out of the business of the woman. There should be limitations. For example, I am against abortion after the first trimester.

With THAT being said, I still believe the Democratic party has done more than the Republican party can ever dream about in terms of being pro life.

Democrats wants sexual education so teenagers and youth can understand the consequences and how to prevent unwanted pregnancies and spreading of STD's. Republicans want "Abstinence only". Boy oh boy. Just look at Bristol Palin. That worked well for her, didn't it?

Democrats want more social service like health care and livable wages which improves quality of life. THAT is the true meaning of pro life. Not caring about the fetus until it is born. Therefore I have so much more respect for Democrats who are anti abortion. They talk the talk but can walk the walk as well.

The Republicans claim they care about the issue oh so much but what do they do about it? Democrats don't bring it up generally unless some Republican makes a comment here or there. But even then, I firmly believe the Democrats are doing a hell of a better job at reducing abortions and being pro life.

But to the OP, good on you. Not because you are giving up on Republicans per say but because you are thinking on your own. I do vote Democrat but I can admit when they do stupid things. I am against illegal immigration. I am against leeching off welfare. I am for death penalty.

Best to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 11:45 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,598,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
You know it is not about encouraging abortions at all. I don't encourage abortion. No one does. You think some people love going "HAHAH. I AM HAVING AN ABORTION!" But I do think that government should stay out of the business of the woman. There should be limitations. For example, I am against abortion after the first trimester.

With THAT being said, I still believe the Democratic party has done more than the Republican party can ever dream about in terms of being pro life.

Democrats wants sexual education so teenagers and youth can understand the consequences and how to prevent unwanted pregnancies and spreading of STD's. Republicans want "Abstinence only". Boy oh boy. Just look at Bristol Palin. That worked well for her, didn't it?

Democrats want more social service like health care and livable wages which improves quality of life. THAT is the true meaning of pro life. Not caring about the fetus until it is born. Therefore I have so much more respect for Democrats who are anti abortion. They talk the talk but can walk the walk as well.

The Republicans claim they care about the issue oh so much but what do they do about it? Democrats don't bring it up generally unless some Republican makes a comment here or there. But even then, I firmly believe the Democrats are doing a hell of a better job at reducing abortions and being pro life.

But to the OP, good on you. Not because you are giving up on Republicans per say but because you are thinking on your own. I do vote Democrat but I can admit when they do stupid things. I am against illegal immigration. I am against leeching off welfare. I am for death penalty.

Best to you.
making abortion illegal would be a good first step that would reduce abortions by probably 95%.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:50 AM

783 posts, read 812,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

Best to you.
Well said.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:26 PM

9,876 posts, read 10,785,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBeautyGoodness View Post
If this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y4Na8mIU9I
is the kind of crap that the majority of voters are watching and the majority of lawmakers are bowing down too, I will see it as my moral obligation to never vote for such a party. Republicans, you disgust me.
So whats your point,now you are a pro life, antigay marriage catholic democrat.........hope that works out for you.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:48 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,547,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
making abortion illegal would be a good first step that would reduce abortions by probably 95%.
I say all of that and that is all you can say? Just proves Republican "pro lifers" really have no intention of trying to solve the problem. Just making up statistics and talking about making it illegal.

Show me statistics that say 95 percent of abortions would not happen if it became illegal.

Because I think meanwhile it may be harder to get abortions, women will still get them. More than just 5 percent.

Old 11-24-2010, 01:05 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,066,134 times
Nothing disgust me more than a leftist trying to pass themselves off as a Republican.

Old 11-24-2010, 01:44 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,456,753 times
Quote:
He makes a good case that Soros is a major controlling force behind a lot of what is going on. Can you dispute it?

Just admit it...you didn't actually watch it, did you?
Can you dispute that Murdoch is a major controlling force behind a lot of what is going on INCLUDING the support of the Iraq war through his media?

Old 11-24-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Thats the dumbest thing I have ever read on CD. Women would get an illegal abortion or would go to a different country to get an abortion.

Or do you have data to support your claim...yeah didn't think so.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:16 PM

9,876 posts, read 10,785,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Thats the dumbest thing I have ever read on CD. Women would get an illegal abortion or would go to a different country to get an abortion.

Or do you have data to support your claim...yeah didn't think so.
I am thinking they would be a little more cautious about getting pregnant if they knew they had to fly to a different country to kill the baby........you know with all the trouble they would have standing in line at the tsa.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I am thinking they would be a little more cautious about getting pregnant if they knew they had to fly to a different country to kill the baby........you know with all the trouble they would have standing in line at the tsa.
This is one solution. They could get an illegal abortion in the US.

Drugs are illegal, but does that hinder people from using them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies