Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 09:31 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Lord Ken, I finished high school over 40 years ago,
so, i could be a little rusty. What is your reason
for being rude and officious? You can disagree
with me and not be a lout.
You have my opology.
Too many lunatic fringe folks on this board so I sometimes lose patience (that's why I don't hang around here much anymore). Everyone has a right to an opinion - but not all opinions are worthy of being taken seriously.

In any event, as I said, the US Supreme Court has nothing to with the Delay investigation - nor any other investigations for that matter. That's not what it does - nor does it have any means to do that.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 09:43 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,301,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
You have my opology.
Too many lunatic fringe folks on this board so I sometimes lose patience (that's why I don't hang around here much anymore). Everyone has a right to an opinion - but not all opinions are worthy of being taken seriously.

In any event, as I said, the US Supreme Court has nothing to with the Delay investigation - nor any other investigations for that matter. That's not what it does - nor does it have any means to do that.

Ken

Yes that is true, but Mr Delay has angered
many people in his time. Our government
has not always been totally above board.

Old 08-29-2010, 12:27 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Yes that is true, but Mr Delay has angered
many people in his time. Our government
has not always been totally above board.
That may well be, but the fact is that at Federal level at least the government was under the control of the GOP (both houses of Congress and the White House) at the time that the Delay investigations were started - so, the implication that the OP was making that the investigation of Delay was a political witch hunt by the Democrats is a bunch of BS. If the Federal investigation of Delay was a political witch hunt, it was one engineered and led by fellow REPUBLICANS - and MAYBE that was the case, that Delay had Republican enemies that plotted his downfall (I really don't know) - but one thing is clear, the Democrats didn't have the power to make the Federal investigation happen (even if they wanted it to) without powerful Republican support.

Ken

Old 08-29-2010, 10:19 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,301,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
That may well be, but the fact is that at Federal level at least the government was under the control of the GOP (both houses of Congress and the White House) at the time that the Delay investigations were started - so, the implication that the OP was making that the investigation of Delay was a political witch hunt by the Democrats is a bunch of BS. If the Federal investigation of Delay was a political witch hunt, it was one engineered and led by fellow REPUBLICANS - and MAYBE that was the case, that Delay had Republican enemies that plotted his downfall (I really don't know) - but one thing is clear, the Democrats didn't have the power to make the Federal investigation happen (even if they wanted it to) without powerful Republican support.

Ken

Yeah, I see your point. I do think it was a witch hunt,
and the perpetrators got what they wanted. I rarely
trust 'the powers that be'. I have been the victim of
'character assassination' at work and even at the park
I coach Baseball. Innuendo, half-truths, and deceit
can paint a misleading picture. Accusations are often
remembered, vindication less often.

Old 11-24-2010, 04:10 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Default No more delays for DeLay

Jury found him guilty.

DeLay Guilty of Money Laundering - Houston News - Hair Balls

Old 11-24-2010, 04:13 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Music to my ears florida.bob. Thanks for the post.
Too bad justice takes so long to prevail.

I hope he gets a tough sentence..no slap on the wrist and 6 months in Club Fed.

Old 11-24-2010, 04:14 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Thank God.

He's looking at life in prison.

Hopefully, this will begin a new trend in DC.

Drain that swamp!

Old 11-24-2010, 04:16 PM

952 posts, read 942,121 times
40 years in the Electric Chair....

Old 11-24-2010, 04:19 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
At least he has the fond memory of competing on DWTS to take with him to prison. I wonder if he'll be in one of those country club type facilities. I will not believe that he is actually going to serve time until I see it. Maybe he'll pull a Ken Lay.

http://www.kenlayisalive.org/

Last edited by sickofnyc; 11-24-2010 at 04:30 PM..

Old 11-24-2010, 04:20 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,213 times
Thanks for the good news florida.bob!
Hope he enjoys every single hour of every single day he spends in prison.

As alphamale says "Drain that swamp". One down & hopefully more to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies