Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2010, 09:53 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,310,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Wrong assumption on the part of someone with a degree in journalism.
Then what's Harvard Law grad Obama's excuse for visiting 57 states?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2010, 09:55 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,293,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
He just meant that America is a mongrel country with many people, like him, comprising all 57 varieties.

And, you know it!

http://lileks.com/bleat/?p=5335

"Slang terms are also common. Heinz 57 or Heinz is often used for dogs of uncertain ancestry, in a playful reference to the "57 Varieties" slogan of the H. J. Heinz Company. In some countries, such as Australia, bitsa (or bitzer) is common, meaning "bits o' this, bits o' that". In Brazil and the Dominican Republic, the name for mixed-breed dogs is vira-lata (trash-can tipper) because of homeless dogs who knock over trash cans to reach discarded food. In Newfoundland, a smaller mixed-breed dog is known as a cracky, hence the colloquial expression "saucy as a cracky" for someone with a sharp tongue."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed-b...xed-breed_dogs

Old 11-26-2010, 09:55 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,757,550 times
Quote:
Probably being up for 36 hours straight while campaigning.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:56 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,745,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
LOLs. Luckily no one will take your post seriously.

The woman misspoke. People do it all the time.

It's amazing how liberals hold any non-liberal to higher standards than they do their own.

Liberals are nothing more than big fat liars and hypocrites.
Before I joined this forum, I never really considered myself as either liberal or conservative. I just knew what I liked and what I disliked. But in the last 22 months, almost everyone here has called me 'liberal', so I guess that's what I am. But you should talk to my sons before you think I'm any kind of liar or hypocrite.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:57 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,204,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I guess you want another match up of the mistakes. I can match each one with Obama's flubs and he is president.

THEN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-26-2010, 10:03 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,161,239 times
Quote:
Not sure what context Obama made this gaf but i'm sure if some one had said "how many states?" he would have come back with the correct number realizing he had inadvertently made a slip of the tongue.
Palins error was not a slip of the tongue it was a total lack of knowledge of the issue.
To put this dunce of a woman in a position where she has the big red button at her disposal makes me worry at how she will resolve tough diplomatic issues..

Old 11-26-2010, 10:07 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,286,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Of course Palin is more educated than Obama. She spent 8 years in college pursuing a 4 year degree in journalism. Take that, Obama!
I don't fault anybody for working their way through school and taking additional time to complete their degree.

The more pressing issue is Sarah Palin seems to lack the intellectual capacity to REALLY understand the issues a President has to deal with. The fact she really didn't start acquainting herself on issues like economics, foreign relations, or national security until she got into the national limelight tells me she is more interested in prestige and position than she is about the actual issues. THAT is dangerous!

Old 11-26-2010, 10:07 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,488,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Not sure what context Obama made this gaf but i'm sure if some one had said "how many states?" he would have come back with the correct number realizing he had inadvertently made a slip of the tongue.
Palins error was not a slip of the tongue it was a total lack of knowledge of the issue.
To put this dunce of a woman in a position where she has the big red button at her disposal makes me worry at how she will resolve tough diplomatic issues..
Said better than I could have said it. Obama's gaffe was just that, a gaffe. I'll give Sarah some room for a gaffe now and then. I don't even care that much "about refudiate". On this issue, however, Sarah didn't know enough about the situation to know she made a mistake.

Old 11-26-2010, 10:09 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,286,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I alwasy rememeber that mnay thoguht that truman was no corn pone ignorant farmer but history has judged him much different. At the same time JFK was thought of as genius but the picture is much different today on just what he was.Its funny that so many actually think he wrote those speeches and that abilty to speak well really means much. Really its lke listening to a good saleman only. Results count; the rest walks as history has shown.
Kinda like Ronald Reagan.

Gocha!

Old 11-26-2010, 10:09 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,293,746 times
Quote:
That's just misogynistic.
Uh, UH!

She is what she is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies