Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 11:12 PM

10 posts, read 9,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
I'm thankful that we live in the greatest country on the face of the earth, largely because Election Day always arrives and we can correct our mistakes. The system is self-healing, and has a way of excreting that which is just waste.

The so called Greatest Country on Earth would not breate, demean and constantly criticize their own Commander in Chief just because of his skin color. We have become a joke. Racism is alive, well and breeding like rabbits in this nation that was stolen from Native Americans, Hispanics and contstructed by Africans.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:17 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,846,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonny View Post
The so called Greatest Country on Earth would not breate, demean and constantly criticize their own Commander in Chief just because of his skin color. We have become a joke. Racism is alive, well and breeding like rabbits in this nation that was stolen from Native Americans, Hispanics and contstructed by Africans.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1Z2ku-87Gv.../facepalm2.jpg

I really wish stupid hurt.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:24 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,298,410 times
I can only imagine how many people could have had a great Thanksgiving full meal on the money Obama wasted away on his recent trip around the world.

Sad to think we have people in shelters, homeless and food banks are empty and he is spending/wasting money away.

Simply point he does not care about the hungry or homeless or he would not be out taking 30 vacations and spending 200 million a day on lavish trip around the world that meant nothing to people who will be without a good meal today.

There is no thanks in this man. He has crippled this country with his policies, spending and poor decisions.

The only thing we have to be thankful for is the fact that he will be gone in less then 2 years.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:33 PM

6,404 posts, read 8,976,548 times
Quote:
Because of his race? Not because of socialized medicine? Not because he said he was against The Patriot Act and then signed it back into law? Not because of the bailouts? Not because he continues empire? Not because he brought radical leftwingers into the White House? Because of his race?

Old 11-24-2010, 11:38 PM

10 posts, read 9,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post

Me too. How's that headache?

Old 11-25-2010, 07:15 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,364,922 times
Quote:

It always amazes me how people that don't seem to be playing with a full deck.....ALWAYS find a race card.....

Old 11-25-2010, 07:33 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,404,093 times
Quote:
So how do you explain the 70% approval rating, with only 16% disapproval, that this President began his term with? How do you explain the admiration for Barack Obama's historic achievement then, even among McCain voters?

Do not confuse job performance with skin color. Most of the rest of the country hasn't had any problem with this distinction. Roughly half the people who approved of the President on Inauguration Day have changed their minds--he was black then, he's black now. That has not changed.

What has changed is the increased knowledge we have about his philosophy and his ability to handle the job.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:38 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,364,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
So how do you explain the 70% approval rating, with only 16% disapproval, that this President began his term with? How do you explain the admiration for Barack Obama's historic achievement then, even among McCain voters?

Do not confuse job performance with skin color. Most of the rest of the country hasn't had any problem with this distinction. Roughly half the people who approved of the President on Inauguration Day have changed their minds--he was black then, he's black now. That has not changed.

What has changed is the increased knowledge we have about his philosophy and his ability to handle the job.
VERY VERY VERY good point!

Old 11-25-2010, 07:53 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,594,894 times
Default I am thankful for President Obama

Are you thankful for President Obama? Here is a reflection of thanks for President Obama that I can relate to the best:

Daily Kos: Thankful..

'...My Presdient
Yes, I'm thankful for President Obama. No, I don't think he's done everything right or done everything I would have liked. '

Moderator cut: Copyright violation -- please post a link and a "snippet" only, per the Terms of Service.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 11-25-2010 at 09:24 AM.. Reason: Copyright violation

Old 11-25-2010, 07:59 AM

45,192 posts, read 26,403,967 times
You can't be thankful without knocking someone else down?
Shallow indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.