Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 10:39 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,973,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daugenstine View Post
I've never discovered the connection between Iraq and 9/11, nor have I heard anyone else do the same. The only reasons I can think of why we were over there were to build an empire in the Middle East because Iraq has the second largest number of proven oil reserves behind Saudi Arabia. The media did a find job manipulating our fears by convincing us they must be linked to Al-Qaida because the Iraqis were Muslims with brown skin. Our widespread pandemonium enabled the Bush Administration to goad us into war the same way FDR did after Pearl Harbor. For all I know, the real reason we're in Afghanistan is to overthrow the Karzai government and control the opium trade. Why can't we feed our poor, yet we can fund a war? And how much blood was all that oil worth?
How many Kurds did Saddam Huessein torture & put through the meat grinder?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Funny cause I don't remember seeing any price decrease at the pumps and why don't you ask Obama about the blood since for the last two years he has been the one spilling it.
Thank You!!!

Why are we still seeing gas prices over $2.50 a gallon Mr. Obama? You've been in office for 2 years now & no one has complained, yet when it was Bush you liberals were eating that up & throwing it in our faces.

The fact is government has little control or effect on the price of a barrel of oil, but loved blaming Bush for it.

Old 11-25-2010, 10:46 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,168,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Free elections are nothing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiIyy0hgg-M

Bush did what Clinton paid lip service to doing.
Whoa, whoa, whoa...!!!! You mean to tell me that free elections in Iraq is worth the lives of 4500 U.S. troops and 32,000 wounded? You cared about "liberating" Iraq THAT MUCH???

Old 11-25-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Whoa, whoa, whoa...!!!! You mean to tell me that free elections in Iraq is worth the lives of 4500 U.S. troops and 32,000 wounded? You cared about "liberating" Iraq THAT MUCH???
Have you ever been to Iraq? Have you ever seen what goes on behind the scenes or what the media doesn't manipulate you into thinking?

Old 11-25-2010, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Have you ever been to Iraq? Have you ever seen what goes on behind the scenes or what the media doesn't manipulate you into thinking?
Not only have i never been to Iraq, but i wish like hell that no American would have ever set foot there. I have no interest in seeing what goes on behind the scenes and don't consider it some sort of wonderful honor to have seen it. That country is a joke, and when we leave, it'll all collapse on top of itself. We're only there are as a temporary band-aid to keep it from collapsing until we leave.

For 4500 Americans to have died to "liberate" that hellhole is borderline criminal.

Old 11-25-2010, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Not only have i never been to Iraq, but i wish like hell that no American would have ever set foot there. I have no interest in seeing what goes on behind the scenes and don't consider it some sort of wonderful honor to have seen it. That country is a joke, and when we leave, it'll all collapse on top of itself. We're only there are as a temporary band-aid to keep it from collapsing until we leave.

For 4500 Americans to have died to "liberate" that hellhole is borderline criminal.
I completely agree. Iraq is a hellhole, just like the rest of those middle eastern countries. If they don't want peace then fine let them exterminate one another. I could care less, but when they came into MY country facilitating the largest attack on American soil in US history that's when it became personal.

It is a well known fact Saddam funded & supported terrorism. If he was directly responsible for 9/11 remains the unanswered question I'm sure we will never know. Probably not, but still he hated America bad enough to condone the terrorists actions who did it & that's reason enough to overthrow the bastard from power. Even Clinton considered him a threat, but never acted upon it because he never had the balls George W. had.

Last edited by Metro Matt; 11-25-2010 at 11:36 PM..

Old 11-26-2010, 12:40 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,010,570 times
Quote:

can you say "isolationist"???That worked real well for us prior to WW2.I suppose neville chamberlain is your hero?

Look at it this way........would you rather the US has some influence in the middle east or would you prefer China and russia had total control???

oops. sorry..........you have your head in the sand so to speak

Old 11-26-2010, 08:30 AM

Quote:
I completely agree. Iraq is a hellhole, just like the rest of those middle eastern countries. If they don't want peace then fine let them exterminate one another. I could care less, but when they came into MY country facilitating the largest attack on American soil in US history that's when it became personal.

It is a well known fact Saddam funded & supported terrorism. If he was directly responsible for 9/11 remains the unanswered question I'm sure we will never know. Probably not, but still he hated America bad enough to condone the terrorists actions who did it & that's reason enough to overthrow the bastard from power. Even Clinton considered him a threat, but never acted upon it because he never had the balls George W. had.

LMAO...There are so many un-truths in those two paragraphs that i won't even brother breaking them down. I haven't heard such nonsense since 2004 or 2005. Hell, even the neo-cons don't say any of that stuff anymore.

I mean, this statement.... "if he was directly responsible for 9/11 remains the unanswered question".... is so far fetched and absurd that i'm trying to pick my jaw up off the floor!

BTW...which 9/11 hijacker was from Iraq? Besides, i didn't know that "hating America" was an offense that subjects a nation to invasion.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
can you say "isolationist"???That worked real well for us prior to WW2.I suppose neville chamberlain is your hero?

Look at it this way........would you rather the US has some influence in the middle east or would you prefer China and russia had total control???

oops. sorry..........you have your head in the sand so to speak
Oh Gawd...here we go with the "Neville Chamberlain" thing again!

Old 11-26-2010, 09:20 PM

453 posts, read 457,122 times
Quote:
How many Kurds did Saddam Huessein torture & put through the meat grinder?
Those weapons he used to gas the Kurds were given to him by none other than the United States under the Reagan Administration. We didn't think he was such a bad guy when they were fighting the Iranians after their revolution. We thought they were so horrible for overthrowing the Shah whom we empowered during the 1950's when the British wanted to monopolize all their oil. We didn't think Saddam was such a bad guy when Cheney did business with him. Only when our oil was at stake in Kuwait did we think he was so horrible. The other time was when we couldn't find the link to him and Al-Qaida.

Bush was hellbent on going to war with Iraq before he even stole the election from Gore. And if we're so concerned about "making things right with our military might," why aren't we invading Darfur? Could it be because there's nothing in it for us monetarily? Is it because China buys their oil from Sudan, and we wouldn't want to upset China? Or is it because nobody cares about Africa? There's mass genocide happening in Darfur, yet nobody from the Bush Administration attempted to do anything about that. Clinton was the only President I recall during my lifetime who sent troops to Africa when he tried overthrowing Mohammed Farah Aidid in Somalia back in 1993.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies