Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2010, 07:17 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,207,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Scientists are supposed to SEARCH for answers. Not have all the answers. Anyone who tells you he has all the answers is full of sh*t. Like your local religious leader, perhaps...
Good point. If you think anyone or anything (including a religious "leader", a book, a politician named Obama)has "all the answers" and is going to save anyone/anything from anyone/anything: you've got issues.

Old 12-05-2010, 07:23 PM

50,036 posts, read 63,384,408 times
I have not read the whole thread, but I don't understand why someone who doesn't believe in anything would pay to erect a billboard about it.
If an athiest believes in nothing, isn't that a kind of religion?

Old 12-05-2010, 07:27 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,541,506 times
There are some people on here who are upset because they think the atheists and liberals are picking on Christianity only. It is sad because it is true for whatever reason.

Nothing makes me more disgusted than hypocrites. There are some people on here who hate on Christians and Christianity but drool over defending Muslims. Ew. If you are going to thrash Christianity, trash everyone else too.

If I had extra money, I would put up a billboard that plainly read "Religion is a mental disease" or "What is the difference between Peter Pan and god? They're both fairy tales and fake after all".

I would not pick on just Christianity. All religions are equally useless, untrue, worthless, void and false.

Yeah it may sound hateful but you can't accuse me of being a hypocrite. Why pick on Christianity but give Islam or Judaism a pass?

Old 12-05-2010, 07:29 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,734,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Do you think Christmas is the ONLY reason for the season
Absolutely not. No Christian owns the month of December. Thou shalt not covet (what is not yours to own).

Old 12-05-2010, 07:30 PM

20 posts, read 39,473 times
It is because they feel the need to proselytize I guess...

Old 12-05-2010, 07:53 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,734,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Post #973 for one but SOME posters just buzz in all the time , say something crazy, make ridiculous assumptions with no basis in facts, and then NEVER have the courage to answer questions about what they posted...

christians whine about a billboard, can't answer questions...are they all so weak?? Guess that's my bottom line question....
Seems to me moderates & those who've taken vows of poverty to administer charity tend to do a better job at living up to the spirit of Christianity than extremists, but the identity of Christianity continues to be attributed to Westboro baptists and Mark Chapman.

When Christians that are practicing are saying in open forums that they do not recognize these people to be practicing Christianity, how is that any different than Muslims not wanting to be beaten in the street for what dent in the head terrorist did? Is it fair to have the identity of Judaism attributed to Bernie Madeoff? He was materially not practicing his faith. Ask his Rabbi. Ask any Jew.

So really what are religious people supposed to do about this misrepresentation? Shall we impose requisite exams for mental competency and issue license to carry a Bible?

Old 12-05-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Only among the most insecure Christians.
Not even close.

Old 12-05-2010, 08:03 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,138,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Only among the most insecure Christians.
Wow, christian insecurity could be another lengthy thread!

Old 12-05-2010, 08:04 PM

9,879 posts, read 7,986,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Absolutely not. No Christian owns the month of December. Thou shalt not covet (what is not yours to own).
Thank you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJz_VMKUOWA

Old 12-05-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PheasantGarden View Post
It is because they feel the need to proselytize I guess...
Who is "they"? I don't. I don't know anyone who does. Keep what you believe in or don't to yourself. Thankyouverymuch.

And if this group of atheists, who put this billboard up in the land of one of the MOST diverse states in the country, want to get all up in the craw of fundy Christians who bug the bejeezus out of them then they should DIRECT their disdain toward THEM and explain why, so the rest of us know and we don't lump all atheists into one big huge group of morons - like this particular group of atheists do Christians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies