Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2010, 12:09 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
No, not true that Soro's speaks just for himself, Hillary Clinton believes he has a lot to offer the world. He has lots of MONEY!! People like that, hes probably the one who paid for the billboards. He loves chaos, especially with Christians and this time of the year.

Lots of people have money. Some of them, like Soros, also have opinions and even (gasp) political agendas.

So
the
what.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:10 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I think the assertion was that non-Christian religions were older than Christianity and Judaism. So prove it.
The assertion applied only to Christianity, and it was a reaction to a positive assertion - still unproven - that Christianity was the oldest.

And that burden is on you.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:11 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
I think the assertion was that non-Christian religions were older than Christianity and Judaism. So prove it.
Which Are the Oldest Religions in the World?

Easy peasy.

And there are about a billion other links out there with even MORE links to texts that predate Christianity and Judaism by thousands of years.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:12 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,063 times
Quote:
ummm....yes.

Judaism, and then Christianity has been going on since loooooooong before any other religion.
Aren't you so cute with your little parochial school mis-education?

Old 12-07-2010, 12:13 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Which Are the Oldest Religions in the World?

Easy peasy.

And there are about a billion other links out there with even MORE links to texts that predate Christianity and Judaism by thousands of years.
Considering that Christianity worships the God that created the universe, it's been around since the beginning of time.

That trumps any cutesy little web site you can come up with.

easy peasy lemon squeezy

Old 12-07-2010, 12:16 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Considering that Christianity worships the God that created the universe, it's been around since the beginning of time.

easy peasy lemon squeezy
Lying for Jesus? I see a lot of that around here.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:17 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
Christianity started with Jesus. Before that, it was Judaism.

Therefore, it's impossible for Christianity to be older than Paganism, when even the Bible references other religions, such as the old Roman religion.

Which is much more entertaining than Christianity by the by.
Jews don't celebrate Christmas!! I didn't say one religion was older. The Roman Empire had pagan ways. Today we call them secular.

Christmas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The practice of putting up special decorations at Christmas has a long history. From pre-Christian times, people in the Roman Empire brought branches from evergreen plants indoors in the winter. Decorating with greenery was also part of Jewish tradition : "Now on the first day you shall take for yourselves the foliage of beautiful trees, palm branches and boughs of leafy trees and willows of the brook, and you shall rejoice before the LORD your God for seven days. " (Leviticus 23:40)

I would think Christians would follow the Jews ,more than the Pagans.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:18 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Lying for Jesus? I see a lot of that around here.
could you elaborate please? That's a big assertion that you're making. What do you think I'm lying about?

Old 12-07-2010, 12:18 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Jews don't celebrate Christmas!! I didn't say one religion was older. The Roman Empire had pagan ways. Today we call them secular.

Christmas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The practice of putting up special decorations at Christmas has a long history. From pre-Christian times, people in the Roman Empire brought branches from evergreen plants indoors in the winter. Decorating with greenery was also part of Jewish tradition : "Now on the first day you shall take for yourselves the foliage of beautiful trees, palm branches and boughs of leafy trees and willows of the brook, and you shall rejoice before the LORD your God for seven days. " (Leviticus 23:40)

I would think Christians would follow the Jews ,more than the Pagans.
Your statement was that Christianity was older than Paganism.

That statement is false.

That's all I was saying.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:19 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:

easy peasy lemon squeezy

10 reasons i’m extremely hesitant to debate christians « The Wise Sloth

And again, prove that your god created the Universe.

See how that goes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies